Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 May 2014, 18:56 (Ref:3411975)   #26
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ah, i was about to say bella +1 would be very interested to join in on this, but if ayse fancies it then i bow to seniority!

nice opportunity, thanks for offering it to the tenths brigade, atlfalconsfan
Old 28 May 2014, 19:05 (Ref:3411980)   #27
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
great effort, thanks for organizing.
seems I'm too late for it, though
Old 28 May 2014, 19:07 (Ref:3411982)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
ah, i was about to say bella +1 would be very interested to join in on this, but if ayse fancies it then i bow to seniority!

nice opportunity, thanks for offering it to the tenths brigade, atlfalconsfan
No need at all, although I have to concede I have a distinct advantage in the age before beauty stakes......
Old 28 May 2014, 19:15 (Ref:3411992)   #29
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Let's just try to squeeze a couple more in there. Someone may not be able to come and we'll have a couple extras in case. If everyone comes and they are strict about the number of people my wife and I can do it later.

So here's the final tally and we'll close off the invitation for now (please let me know if I missed anyone):

GT6 +1
isynge +1
nobster +1
wewantourdarbyback
Muppetdave901 +1
Kpy
Aysedasi
whitemr2
Victor_RO +1
painting +2
ATLFalconsFAN +4
kpkorsager
CTD
stampchez +1
Pilgrimage +1
bella +1
bernard b

That's 31 I think.

I'll send out a PM with specifics once I have them.

Michelin has been VERY good to this race fan. I've been lucky enough to enjoy hot pit tours, lunches and dinners with drivers and team principals, hospitality on several occasions. I am happy that I can help to give something back to my fellow race fans. It will be interesting, we'll get an opportunity to see the tires up close, talk with the engineers, ask questions and take a bunch of photos.

Seeing as how I've never met any of you I'll look forward to our little pre-10/10ths meeting get together.
Old 28 May 2014, 19:18 (Ref:3411994)   #30
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Again thats for organising this Scott
Old 28 May 2014, 19:23 (Ref:3411996)   #31
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
You all are most welcome! I am glad that everyone is excited about this! Just one more thing of many to look forward to!

BTW, it's one week from tomorrow that my lovely wife and I start our three week European vacation!!!

You'll have to take it a little easy on her, this will be her first trip to Le Mans and her first visit to Continental Europe (she did go to Ireland once).

But don't take it too easy on her...
Old 28 May 2014, 19:30 (Ref:3411998)   #32
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well at the meeting on saturday she will meet people from just about every part of Europe and hopefully find out that we are all very friendly
Old 28 May 2014, 19:39 (Ref:3412009)   #33
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Indeed in one meeting she'll get to know the europeans quite well
Old 28 May 2014, 19:58 (Ref:3412021)   #34
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just confirming the entry that KpKorsager entered for me.

I'm very interested in joining the tour, and thank you for taking me in .

And thank you Kenn for reserving a place for me!
Old 28 May 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3412034)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Yes, you're a star. Thank you on behalf of the whole crowd here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post

You'll have to take it a little easy on her, this will be her first trip to Le Mans and her first visit to Continental Europe (she did go to Ireland once).

But don't take it too easy on her...
We won't do that! Have you broken the news to her yet that she'll be meeting Simon......?
Old 28 May 2014, 20:09 (Ref:3412037)   #36
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Thank you for that Andrew,
Old 28 May 2014, 20:11 (Ref:3412040)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, it's only fair to break news like that sooner rather than later, eh? We don't want the poor lady passing out in a dead faint, do we......?
Old 28 May 2014, 20:13 (Ref:3412043)   #38
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Private messages have been sent. Please let me know if anyone who I listed as attending did not receive a private message from me.
Old 28 May 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3412045)   #39
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Looks like I have missed the boat on this one, but should someone drop out, then I would love to come along. Great effort for sorting this out, the behind the scenes visits have added a great deal to both the enjoyment and understanding of Le Mans for this ten-tenther.
Old 28 May 2014, 20:49 (Ref:3412055)   #40
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
Looks like I have missed the boat on this one, but should someone drop out, then I would love to come along. Great effort for sorting this out, the behind the scenes visits have added a great deal to both the enjoyment and understanding of Le Mans for this ten-tenther.
well, seems like you just jumped aboard.
would you be kind enough to replace me for the visit? not sure I could, haven't asked Dominique and Isabelle about what we'll be doing at that time
Old 28 May 2014, 21:37 (Ref:3412079)   #41
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Another TOP effort. Well done for the organisation, and a hearty HAVE FUN to the lucky attendees. I intend to be stuffing my face with bacon at that point, so I will not be available anyway.
Old 28 May 2014, 23:20 (Ref:3412117)   #42
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow a lot can happen in half a day!

Thanks to ATLFalconsFAN for going out of his way to organise. Good man.

Last edited by Simmi; 28 May 2014 at 23:33.
Old 29 May 2014, 02:04 (Ref:3412154)   #43
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
To all the people visiting the Michelin compounds: have a great time!
Old 29 May 2014, 08:44 (Ref:3412234)   #44
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Been away for a couple of days, just read the message, brilliant, thanks for organising ATLFalconsFAN.
Old 30 May 2014, 18:50 (Ref:3412826)   #45
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
well, seems like you just jumped aboard.
would you be kind enough to replace me for the visit? not sure I could, haven't asked Dominique and Isabelle about what we'll be doing at that time
Thanks Bernard, very kind and much appreciated. I'll tell you all about it later at the ten-tenths meeting.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 23:40 (Ref:3413959)   #46
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Hey everyone. A few of you have expressed concern via private message that the location of the tour will be inaccessible during the proposed meeting time because of needing a pass. I saw my Michelin friend today and she assured me that there will be no problem getting to the tour meeting point. She says that the Michelin tire compound will be on the road behind the paddock.

She will be there at the time I mentioned in PM as will I. She is excited that we have a group of enthusiastic people who are attending (of course she is, she's in marketing!). The number of people allowed will be strict, so unfortunately we will have to keep it to the number of people already listed, if you weren't listed having a +1 or so please do not bring one.

Otherwise we are all excited that you are excited and will be looking forward to giving you an inside look into the Michelin operation and answering any questions that the group might have.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 09:11 (Ref:3414657)   #47
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The tyre compound is normally on that path that runs behind the paddock to allow people to get around it. Shouldn't be any problem getting there.
Old 14 Jun 2014, 09:31 (Ref:3420246)   #48
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thank you for the visit, it was very interesting. Enjoyed it very much.
Old 15 Jun 2014, 20:45 (Ref:3422270)   #49
stampchez
Rookie

stampchez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Security made it hell trying to get back there but we finally did get in with the tour. Thank you so much for setting that up!
Old 16 Jun 2014, 08:22 (Ref:3422429)   #50
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
My thanks to Scott and his wife for organising this it was very impressive seeing the 7000 tyres and finding out some of what goes on behind the scenes, the people at Michelin were very welcoming and my thanks to them.