Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 May 2016, 14:41 (Ref:3645811)   #851
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Still "few issues " on the car, doesn't sound particularly convincing
https://wec-magazin.com/bykolles-com...ul-monza-test/
Old 9 Jun 2016, 15:35 (Ref:3648494)   #852
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Exactly one month today since this team last wrote something on their official homepage, facebook or twitter. Oh Colin you and your games continue to crack me up

I'm not sure if they were disappointed by the pace of Test Day, or satisfied. Obviously the one lap performance is still garbage in comparison to the Rebellions and their AER top speed (which they claimed to have been one of the priority goals in pre-LM testing) is 13kph off from the Swiss too. But I guess, and as said before, if they can get reliability to "okay" they might have chance of beating LMP2s at the end of the race. Or at least some of them. Half. Few.

But I think I heard during RLM coverage that they had some repairs during the Test Day again, which on top of Trummer's Monza "we still have few issues" comments, isn't painting very positive image for next week.

They surprised us last year so anything's possible still I suppose.

Last edited by Deleted; 9 Jun 2016 at 15:41.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 04:43 (Ref:3648618)   #853
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They'll be fine. I bet they beat one of the Rebellion cars.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 13:35 (Ref:3648704)   #854
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know Chiana, for somebody that doesn't watch WEC/IWSCC...... you still listean quite a lot to RLM

I never had the patience to listean even one full podcast of them. I once tried but they started commenting on F1(Monaco GP 2014) and Hindy proved to be one of the most annoying and pathetic Lewis Hamilton fanboy, so I'm quite happy to skip it. I didn't listean to Truswell or GG much but from what I've read from them(PT's blog and GG's articles), they are great but even then I just don't have the patience for podcasts, in general.

Anyway, it's good that people listean to it and filter the relevant bit to share here
Old 11 Jun 2016, 03:28 (Ref:3648834)   #855
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
What's Hamilton have to do with Rebellion?
Old 11 Jun 2016, 11:53 (Ref:3648897)   #856
Artur
Veteran

Nothing, it was just a bit of OT regarding RLM actually(it's not against any particular driver, it was to say that I'm not much of a Hindy follower because of his driver fanboyism in F1, which was very surprising to me when I listeaned to it).

If I may stretch the OT a bit more, Chiana who are your favourite commentators for LM? Hindy, GG, Truswell, Marriot, Haven? All I know is that you heavily dislikes Kirby and maybe prefer ES top team over RLM ones?
Old 11 Jun 2016, 15:02 (Ref:3648929)   #857
Deleted
Veteran

Nowadays I listen to RLM for Test Day, the class previews, the LM Thursday pitwalk, the February ACO press conference, and for some other random coverage during the year in bits and pieces.

Yeah I do prefer hearing Eurosport at LM even though half of their British commentators are horrendously terrible and awkward, the other half (Shaw, Haven, Faulkner, whomever else guest racer like Mowlem and Hall and Hancock etc) make up for the rest pretty nicely. I think I like the innocence of it, they don't over analyze anything and take it pretty smoothly through the race. Sometimes "not knowing too much" is good.

I would like to have Hindy making appearances on ES though like he did in 2011. But obviously he's "bit" busy and IIRC he once said Eurosport hasn't even asked him back.
Old 11 Jun 2016, 21:59 (Ref:3649013)   #858
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
You know Chiana, for somebody that doesn't watch WEC/IWSCC...... you still listean quite a lot to RLM
As this is so deliciously ironic that it has to be on purpose I salute you
Old 12 Jun 2016, 15:15 (Ref:3649111)   #859
Artur
Veteran

Checking some specific news and updates is enough for me, I just can't bother with 2 hours(or whatever the duration of these podcasts) of people talking, every week.
Old 12 Jun 2016, 17:09 (Ref:3649121)   #860
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
It's good to have on while getting ready or working in the garage.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 13:26 (Ref:3649885)   #861
Deleted
Veteran

CLM has new/updated parts that didn't appear at Test Day:
- Sidepods
- Rear deck
- Floor
- Gearbox (seven speed)

First seen in scrutineering, then It's been shakedowned at LM airport (!) prior Free Practice. Cutting it rather close.

Say whatever you want about the team, and even if the updates rarely really seem to make real impacts, this team is bringing new stuff to their package constantly, so they aren't just sitting around given up . One more reason why they belong to LMP1 and not spec-freeze LMP2. They're trying...

Old 15 Jun 2016, 14:12 (Ref:3649906)   #862
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
One more reason why they belong to LMP1 and not spec-freeze LMP2. They're trying...
I'll give you that point. They are indeed trying. However, seems fairly ill advised to go into what will be their largest race of the year with new, largely untested parts. I wonder how many spares they have if something goes wrong.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 15:52 (Ref:3649953)   #863
Chuliandred
Rookie

Chuliandred should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noooo hopefully they can fix it until Saturday.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 15:58 (Ref:3649957)   #864
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To quote Top Gear, ambitious but rubbish.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 16:01 (Ref:3649961)   #865
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
They better hope they have spare parts. Practice is under yellow because the CLM got torched.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 16:27 (Ref:3649972)   #866
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Car was wheeled down pitlane, from what was visible it didnt look bad at all but im sure underneath the engine cover its a different story.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 16:33 (Ref:3649977)   #867
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They said it's all fixable, but not tonight.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 19:25 (Ref:3650082)   #868
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fuel Pump Failure caused the fire. I thought the fuel pump problems that have plagued the team were supposed to be fixed now?
Old 19 Jun 2016, 06:19 (Ref:3652659)   #869
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sigh. It isn't easy being a Kolles fan. More flames and no result at Le Mans. On the other hand, they've beaten the pair of werks-Porsches. Oh, and the pair of werks-Ferraris
Old 19 Jun 2016, 07:49 (Ref:3652707)   #870
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Kolles LMP1

Great to see the team carrying on with a long standing tradition by setting the car on fire...

In all seriousness I'm glad Trummer is ok. Shame to see. I'm a bit of a fan of these underdogs. They do a lot with the little they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19 Jun 2016, 09:53 (Ref:3652853)   #871
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Great to see the team carrying on with a long standing tradition by setting the car on fire...

In all seriousness I'm glad Trummer is ok. Shame to see. I'm a bit of a fan of these underdogs. They do a lot with the little they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is this their 3rd fire in the last calendar year?
Old 19 Jun 2016, 12:22 (Ref:3653029)   #872
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I am not sure about this project...
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:18 (Ref:3653354)   #873
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I am not sure about this project...
they keep making upgrades, but aren't finding speed or reliability. Rebellion seems to sit still and just plugs along at a faster, more reliable clip. (Today not withstanding).
Old 19 Jun 2016, 17:35 (Ref:3653527)   #874
templer
Racer

templer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtempler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ByKolles had a hard LM week but nearly all problems were in the region of the engine.
First the engine did get out several times which was solved after a change of the fuel pump ( how many fuel pumps have been changed on the AER engine ???). Then the engine seems to run too hot ( too high cockpit temperature), after the repair the engine run too cool. After the next 13 lap pit stop the engine was about 180 hp down on power before the car burned once more after an engine failure.
As Rebellion has also massive troubles with their AER engine we should not always blame the smaller teams. The AER engine seems to have also some troubles.

ByKolles did nearly a whole redesign of the car eliminating their most visible flaws. The new nose was followed at LM by new sidepods with a better outlet for the front diffusor, new backside of the front fenders and a new engine cover without the turbo scoops on the roof and much smaller blisters at the rear. To made this possible the team developed new radiator arrangements ( instead being installed vertical they are now inclined similar to Rebellion) a new gearbox and a new turbo plenum. Also a new underbody was mentioned.

So we cannot say the team is not working hard. As the team has had so many problems we don't know if the redesign will bring them closer to Rebellion. The next races will prove it. But I am sure they are on the right way.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 16:57 (Ref:3653876)   #875
TF110
Veteran

United States
Good info. I think it's time to find another engine supplier.