Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jul 2019, 11:48 (Ref:3915848)   #4001
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Blimey, maybe Will's twin has been posting as Will and we haven't noticed. Happy birthday Will - well to both of you! 34 candles still doesn't catch most of us up.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 4 Jul 2019, 11:51 (Ref:3915849)   #4002
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Happy Birthday Will. Don't rush through life, take your time and enjoy.
Old 4 Jul 2019, 13:15 (Ref:3915856)   #4003
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy Birthday Will.... next year you will be old enough to have a beer to celebrate!

Enjoy your youth, it doesnt last long enough. Compared to most of us who are at the stage of when the mind makes a promise the body cant fulfill.

Im not as good as I once was, but Im as good once as I ever was.
Old 4 Jul 2019, 13:51 (Ref:3915862)   #4004
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Happy Birthday Will.... next year you will be old enough to have a beer to celebrate!

Enjoy your youth, it doesnt last long enough. Compared to most of us who are at the stage of when the mind makes a promise the body cant fulfill.

Im not as good as I once was, but Im as good once as I ever was.
That,s very confusing "Dave"
Old 4 Jul 2019, 14:30 (Ref:3915868)   #4005
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Happy Birthday Will - he said, through gritted teeth, being currently 4 x your age

Don't be in a rush - I still haven't decided what I want to do when I grow up
Old 4 Jul 2019, 15:39 (Ref:3915875)   #4006
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Happy birthday to you and… him, 'f course! Dont be upset he shares your age its rather common for twins I've been said.
17, Ô mon Dieu, what a blessed age. Same period of the year I went to Nordkap driving a Renault 4L. Its was so good to cross many borders showing only my motorcycle licence which was, in France, very comparable to a car licence. Only the stamp was on a different line… Delta, know what? HAPPY DAYS !!!!

PS: Supra or 200 SX charged, isn't it the smell of drift?
Old 4 Jul 2019, 18:19 (Ref:3915899)   #4007
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just sitting down to an ice cream and just looking back at all the related B'day messages and just thinking to myself how lucky I am to be able to have company to such great people on here.It certainly has helped me through some tough times.

Thanks again for the wishes today.Feel a little overwhelmed tbh.Might sound a bit petty or daft but again none of you had to press 'reply' icon.

Cheers

Will-Now with an exploded ice cream on the floor.
Old 4 Jul 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3915912)   #4008
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy birthday Will, I'm a bit late to the party. catch up at Brands some time.
Old 4 Jul 2019, 20:34 (Ref:3915914)   #4009
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers

Hopefully so.

What other meets you going to?
Old 4 Jul 2019, 20:34 (Ref:3915915)   #4010
Willmaz223
Veteran

Good listen.Very good listen.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/106002...=episode_title
Old 6 Jul 2019, 15:53 (Ref:3916158)   #4011
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Goodwood got a lot of flack for not making all this year’s Members Meeting coverage free to view, but totally by accident I’ve found the Festival of Speed on BBC iPlayer this afternoon....... What’s going on?
Old 6 Jul 2019, 17:20 (Ref:3916173)   #4012
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Funny to see Marshal tenther Alan Crook enveloped in tyre smoke as a pre-war Bentley did a burn out on the start line!
Old 6 Jul 2019, 18:46 (Ref:3916189)   #4013
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Goodwood got a lot of flack for not making all this year’s Members Meeting coverage free to view, but totally by accident I’ve found the Festival of Speed on BBC iPlayer this afternoon....... What’s going on?
About as interesting as watching paint ......
Spent the day watching some club racing at Brands, a car parade going up a hill in front of a country house doesn't do it for me
Old 6 Jul 2019, 19:05 (Ref:3916192)   #4014
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
About as interesting as watching paint ......
Spent the day watching some club racing at Brands, a car parade going up a hill in front of a country house doesn't do it for me
I was waiting for the WSBK to start on Eurosport ....
Old 6 Jul 2019, 19:18 (Ref:3916193)   #4015
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
I was waiting for the WSBK to start on Eurosport ....
All recorded plus motogp, a long night coming up
Old 6 Jul 2019, 19:25 (Ref:3916195)   #4016
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
I'm having eyesight problems watching Serena Williams run around centre court
Old 6 Jul 2019, 19:49 (Ref:3916198)   #4017
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://youtu.be/N5RuJ1k82zU

If I have done this right , it should be a live link into Goodwood FOS .
Old 7 Jul 2019, 04:18 (Ref:3916240)   #4018
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
I'm having eyesight problems watching Serena Williams run around centre court
What with the first stage of the Tour de France as well, there was a lot of sport televised yesterday....
Old 7 Jul 2019, 08:03 (Ref:3916272)   #4019
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
What with the first stage of the Tour de France as well, there was a lot of sport televised yesterday....
You mean there was other 'sports' on as well?
Old 7 Jul 2019, 08:13 (Ref:3916275)   #4020
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Remember you 'play' tennis, you 'play' football', cricket, snooker, rugby, but you don't play cycling, or indeed motor sport.

There in lies the difference, there are games and there are sports'
Old 7 Jul 2019, 08:15 (Ref:3916276)   #4021
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Remember you 'play' tennis, you 'play' football', cricket, snooker, rugby, but you don't play cycling, or indeed motor sport.

There in lies the difference, there are games and there are sports'
Very pedantic methinks
Old 7 Jul 2019, 08:22 (Ref:3916278)   #4022
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Very pedantic methinks
What Baub, pedantic? Surely not!
(Actually, I thought it was an interesting distinction!)
Old 7 Jul 2019, 09:11 (Ref:3916284)   #4023
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd like to think that this is Bob doing his usual 'tongue in cheek' job of winding us up. I cannot imagine anyone really thinking that football, cricket, rugby or tennis are not sports within the accepted meaning of the word. They are just words - we could easily say 'play' cycling or 'play' motor sport; it simply doesn't sound quite right. On the other hand there are some games trying to get into the Olympics which really aren't sports at all but then they are called the Olympic Games; just words!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 7 Jul 2019, 13:16 (Ref:3916310)   #4024
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I'd like to think that this is Bob doing his usual 'tongue in cheek' job of winding us up. I cannot imagine anyone really thinking that football, cricket, rugby or tennis are not sports within the accepted meaning of the word. They are just words - we could easily say 'play' cycling or 'play' motor sport; it simply doesn't sound quite right. On the other hand there are some games trying to get into the Olympics which really aren't sports at all but then they are called the Olympic Games; just words!
Dear Mr Turner,
I resent the suggestion that I would try to wind up my friends on the forum, what a thing to say about such a distinguished member of the community.

With great age comes great wisdom, listen to and take heed of the words of the sage.

PS; Hope all is well with you, and your lovely lady.
Old 7 Jul 2019, 13:19 (Ref:3916311)   #4025
bauble
Veteran

England
Lucky that football is just a game, so it does not matter that the ladies who represent England are pretty useless.