Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Apr 2019, 18:04 (Ref:3900531)   #101
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know what they did to the setup on those VW's in race 3 but they were twitchy as hell. Boardleys was moving around all over the place through turn one looking at it from Creeseys onboard.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 18:58 (Ref:3900539)   #102
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Hapless Amateur Racing Drivers? That summed up lap one of race 3 for me.....
Careful, the Jack Goff fanbois will clobber you for speaking ill of the chosen one...
Old 29 Apr 2019, 19:40 (Ref:3900543)   #103
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Don't know what they did to the setup on those VW's in race 3 but they were twitchy as hell. Boardleys was moving around all over the place through turn one looking at it from Creeseys onboard.
The fact 3 of the drivers lost it at the same corner on the same lap points towards a bad set-up, which doesn’t surprise me from the stories I’ve heard.
Old 29 Apr 2019, 21:15 (Ref:3900571)   #104
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
To me the replays of the Ginetta shunt were out of order. There is no way itv's producers knew Fin Green or the driver of #15's condition when they started the replays. One driver was on a stretcher on the circuit receiving triage still.
Actually ITV waited until they were told by the medical team that all involved were OK, and Richard John Neil made the point that they wouldn't be showing the replays if they hadn't had that assurance.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 04:59 (Ref:3900625)   #105
mattcanary
Racer

mattcanary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Last season they were regiularly very twitchy to drive.

Seems a characteristic of the car, to be honest
Old 30 Apr 2019, 09:05 (Ref:3900655)   #106
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Actually ITV waited until they were told by the medical team that all involved were OK, and Richard John Neil made the point that they wouldn't be showing the replays if they hadn't had that assurance.
I imagine they've learned that lesson rather hard after the Billy Monger accident.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 20:59 (Ref:3900827)   #107
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well that was a bad moment for all and unfortunate that happened live on TV
Old 1 May 2019, 22:43 (Ref:3901094)   #108
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I imagine they've learned that lesson rather hard after the Billy Monger accident.
They didn't show any replays of that either. Two years later, still haven't.
Old 2 May 2019, 09:34 (Ref:3901153)   #109
Motormouth94
Rookie

Motormouth94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
They didn't show any replays of that either. Two years later, still haven't.
They 100% did show replays of that, multiple times I seem to recall.....
Old 2 May 2019, 10:10 (Ref:3901166)   #110
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth94 View Post
My memory isn't the best but I think at most they showed it once immediately afterwards. I'm 100% certain they did not show it multiple times.
Old 2 May 2019, 10:53 (Ref:3901199)   #111
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I remember seeing it live. Can’t remember if they showed a replay, but they definitely did not show it multiple times
Old 2 May 2019, 10:56 (Ref:3901202)   #112
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
TR4racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I seem to recall that they showed the incident as it happened as Billy was carrying a TV camera but all subsequent repeats showings stopped before the impact.....
Old 2 May 2019, 11:09 (Ref:3901208)   #113
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4racer View Post
I seem to recall that they showed the incident as it happened as Billy was carrying a TV camera but all subsequent repeats showings stopped before the impact.....
Correct. Even the snippet used by the BBC at last year's SPOTY was truncated, for obvious reasons.

Back to last weekend's coverage: the incident made me cringe, and I was watching it on Sunday night from a recording made during the day. The multi-angle re-runs were instructive as the clearly showed how unsighted the second driver was but they took me just over the line of thinking "you can stop now".

I did think the mention of the "tyre bale" (actually Recticel) was a bit misleading as the stationary car was much further down the track and several other cars had jinked left or right in avoidance. It was a classic "last car in the train" crash for me, there's just no time to react.
Old 2 May 2019, 17:45 (Ref:3901317)   #114
S griffin
Veteran

Well obviously spared people’s feelings by only showing the bit before the accident

And yes the incident was big on Sunday, not what any of us like to see. Certainly it was caught well by the TV cameras and it was a racing incident. I’m just glad everyone is ok

Whether drivers were unsighted by the tyres on the apex is not known, but it did seem it was wrong place, wrong time.
Old 2 May 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3901393)   #115
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth94 View Post
No. Not at all.
They were on board with Billy at the point of impact, and immediately cut to an external angle, then to a different part of the track.

But it wasn't replayed.

A number of people (and even some national newspapers) put recordings of it on the internet and added their own replays but there were none on ITV.
Old 3 May 2019, 17:21 (Ref:3901547)   #116
S griffin
Veteran

Yes, I remember we were onboard at the moment on impact, a bit unforeseen and wasn’t shown after that. As it was shown live, there’s bound to be footage of it online. It’s right ITV haven’t shown it since