Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Dec 2003, 03:11 (Ref:808914)   #1
Zinger
Racer

Zinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Level 2 Licences for sale

In Auto Action there is a level 2 licences for sale. The code at the bottom of the add indicates Mike Imrie has placed the add.
Old 11 Dec 2003, 03:26 (Ref:808922)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guessed that from the age of the car... its a total workshop sellout...

It wouldnt be my preference

Kees Weel also has his L2 on the block, for sale or lease

Bap Romano must be getting nervous with his 'gold' asset not having a home in 2004
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Dec 2003, 05:07 (Ref:808951)   #3
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suprising that such "hot items" arn't in more demand and require an ad in AA

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 11 Dec 2003, 05:25 (Ref:808958)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would have thought there would be a big demand, but it is entirely possible a new-for-2004 deal with a black car might soak up the lazy L2s instead of playing with a L1, so they control the program some more....
Old 12 Dec 2003, 10:54 (Ref:809999)   #5
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is that a hint at Noske or TKR? Surely TKR don't have the budget, unless Evomike added an extra zero to his sponsorship monies??
Old 12 Dec 2003, 10:56 (Ref:810001)   #6
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
by reading GTR's post my thought was Morris, but I have always sucked at cryptic puzzles.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 23:05 (Ref:810622)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Well it seems that the WPS arrangement may have taken a different tack.... a single car, with a lazy L2 might be the go rather than the grandiose multicar operation....

Noise is very fuzzy about this one..
Old 13 Dec 2003, 09:28 (Ref:810823)   #8
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's one hang of a paradigm alteration. Surely, maybe even logically, the current situation of leasing makes the best sense - especially to financial people?

On the flip side, maybe this will be the end of the Lansvale to Ford rumours, or is that just too big a MAYBE?
Old 13 Dec 2003, 09:33 (Ref:810826)   #9
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thecko is going to buy it and run GTR in a 2 car assult on the qualifying sessions
Old 13 Dec 2003, 23:26 (Ref:811269)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Thats a good plan, and a way to get his very own pit boom I dont mind running the old AU, although I will have to watch the dashboard carefully in case I should accidentally qualify
Old 14 Dec 2003, 07:35 (Ref:811421)   #11
Peter Walsh
Racer

Peter Walsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
new rules.103% and we will never see the Thex again.Lansvale franchise to a current level ! and high profile driver.It will be parked in case of emergencies
Old 14 Dec 2003, 08:20 (Ref:811435)   #12
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It can't be parked.
Old 14 Dec 2003, 10:17 (Ref:811468)   #13
Peter Walsh
Racer

by parked I mean someone will putt around in it until it is needed
Old 14 Dec 2003, 12:19 (Ref:811543)   #14
Just Do It!
Veteran

Mr Keen, are you from Papatoetoe by any chance?

No reason, just curious.....!
Old 14 Dec 2003, 19:30 (Ref:811757)   #15
Peter Walsh
Racer

no.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 22:52 (Ref:822022)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So are these 3 franchises (IMS/PWR/Romano) now out of the picture and in the hands of someone who has a use for them for the WHOLE season??
Old 28 Dec 2003, 23:00 (Ref:822031)   #17
Zinger
Racer

GTR can you gives us an update on where the 3 licences have gone ?
Old 28 Dec 2003, 23:01 (Ref:822032)   #18
Just Do It!
Veteran

U tell us GTR....please! We have no idea.

Did someone get a franchise in their stocking??
Old 28 Dec 2003, 23:02 (Ref:822034)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Well it seems there is a new team to be based in Qld looking to buy/lease one of the 3.. which leaves 2 franchises unused.

I wonder if TEGA will put these 2 franchise owners out of their misery... as the start of the season approaches, surely the price will fall?
Old 28 Dec 2003, 23:07 (Ref:822040)   #20
Just Do It!
Veteran

Does a fall in value of L2 licences affect L1 licence values that much, given the fact that L1 licence holders get much better benefits than L2 "privateers"??
Old 28 Dec 2003, 23:12 (Ref:822046)   #21
Zinger
Racer

A reduction in number of L2 will certainly bring the value of a L1 up but the over supply of L2 would probably not have much affect on a L1 because the L1 are fairly different product which is almost exclusive to obtain, giving it a more of a Sellers market instead of the L2 Buyers Market.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 23:21 (Ref:822052)   #22
V8 Superdave
Racer

V8 Superdave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe that's what TEGA is waiting for GTR....

No sale, price plummets, TEGA steps in and pays going "market rate" for these franchises, thereby saving itself a truckload of cash.

Either that, or it refuses to purchase, and then fines the owners $150k per event not fronted.......
Old 28 Dec 2003, 23:24 (Ref:822054)   #23
Just Do It!
Veteran

So what then, Zinger, do you value a L2 at and a L1 pairing at, given that L1's are always a pairing and should be valued as such.

Would an L1 have more or less value if sold on a per each basis??
Old 28 Dec 2003, 23:30 (Ref:822061)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
L1's are not always a pairing any more, the regulations were altered at the start of the season to allow teams to sell 1 of their 2 L1 franchise licence slots....

$2.2m for L1, $850k for L2 are recent quotations
Old 28 Dec 2003, 23:37 (Ref:822069)   #25
Zinger
Racer

Well half an L1 wouldn't be worth half the price of a full L1 therefore it would be less than $1.1M but it would be better more expensive than a L2 because of the increased prize money and other associated benefits. So it would be in between $1.1M & $850K if they are the going rates.