Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Dec 2017, 17:11 (Ref:3787708)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
IMOLA MOTOR LEGEND FESTIVAL

Masters first visit to Imola. Gives Historic racers another chance to visit a circuit in the gastronomic heart of Italy. (Peter Auto in October is the other one.)
Old 15 Apr 2018, 05:52 (Ref:3815604)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Guess I’m the only tenther heading to Italy for this, on a very busy weekend for race meetings! I would have enjoyed VSCC Silverstone Spring Start, HSCC 5 minutes from home, Jim Clark Memorial at Hockenheim, etc, etc.....

Anyway, we’re entered in Masters Gentleman Drivers 90 minute race, on a circuit neither of us has driven before. With the SLR engine still in pieces, the ‘6hr’ Morgan +4 has been pressed into service, but it’s a fabulous car and only loses out on top speed, so I’m far from unhappy. Will be useful as a test for Spa.....

Shame to be leaving the UK just as the weather is promised to be improving, but looks like Italy will be equally good, and the pizzas far superior!

Old 15 Apr 2018, 09:18 (Ref:3815669)   #3
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going purely as a spectator (sadly...) but I'm sure there are far worse events to make a first time trip to Imola for
Old 15 Apr 2018, 11:01 (Ref:3815695)   #4
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there!
Old 15 Apr 2018, 11:23 (Ref:3815704)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
It's great to be corrected about being the only tenther who's going. Look forward to seeing you there, if you get a chance to say Hi!

It will be my second visit, but first actually racing. If all goes to plan will be back late October for the Peter Auto event. The place hasn't quite got the sense of history that Monza oozes, but isn't far off. The Senna memorial is a 'must do' visit, and is within the circuit itself. And all on the edge of Imola old town with some fantastic eating establishments...... Absolutely nothing not to like.

Last edited by Mike Bell; 15 Apr 2018 at 16:03. Reason: Typos!
Old 15 Apr 2018, 12:46 (Ref:3815721)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Very envious of you guys . I’ve. never been and would love to race there one day . It’s another weekend in Hockenheim for me . G
Old 19 Apr 2018, 06:31 (Ref:3816454)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Sounds great Mike. What better way to spend a weekend than driving round a classic circuit and eating good food!!
Old 19 Apr 2018, 19:45 (Ref:3816553)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Sounds great Mike. What better way to spend a weekend than driving round a classic circuit and eating good food!!
Well James, the ‘eating good food’ has started before the ‘driving round a classic circuit’, but I’m not feeling at all guilty!

The advantage over Monza is that you can easily walk from the circuit to the old town centre, and our hotel isn’t much further away. Spotted an awesome looking ice cream parlour for tomorrow eve. (That’s for Iain’s benefit.... )
Old 19 Apr 2018, 22:23 (Ref:3816571)   #9
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only reference to timing and results regarding Imola I have found is at ingimola.perugiatiming.com .
Old 20 Apr 2018, 05:33 (Ref:3816598)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
The only reference to timing and results regarding Imola I have found is at ingimola.perugiatiming.com .
If we get to know where the timing is coming from I’ll post.....
Old 20 Apr 2018, 05:55 (Ref:3816600)   #11
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be great Mike . Good luck to you and Simon this weekend ! Does the meeting carry on until Monday ? Looking at the Imola website it seemed to indicate the meeting ended on Monday .
Old 19 Apr 2018, 10:30 (Ref:3816475)   #12
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
More than 40 cars on Mike's grid, including Simon H (Shelby Daytona). Is there any chance to find live timing somewhere? Have fun and good pizzas!