Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you think the driver of the British Grand Prix was?
Sebastian Vettel 22 41.51%
Lewis Hamilton 13 24.53%
Kimi Räikkönen 9 16.98%
Valtteri Bottas 1 1.89%
Daniel Ricciardo 1 1.89%
Nico Hülkenberg 2 3.77%
Esteban Ocon 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 3 5.66%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Pierre Gasly 0 0%
Sergio Pérez 0 0%
Stoffel Vandoorne 0 0%
Lance Stroll 0 0%
Sergey Sirotkin 0 0%
Max Verstappen 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Charles Leclerc 0 0%
Brendon Hartley 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Jul 2018, 21:48 (Ref:3836385)   #46
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Kimi. Passing cars on his own merit to the podium. Not like the other guy where cars just moved out of the way.
I'm old enough to remember Senna, the real one not just the film character. Back in those days it was considered a positive that drivers were intimidated out of the way by the sight of his yellow helmet. He certainly was not vilified for his reputation preceding him like Hamilton is.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 12 Jul 2018, 23:29 (Ref:3836410)   #47
Skam85
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Skam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I'm old enough to remember Senna, the real one not just the film character. Back in those days it was considered a positive that drivers were intimidated out of the way by the sight of his yellow helmet. He certainly was not vilified for his reputation preceding him like Hamilton is.
Fair point, but Hamilton's passes in Silverstone were effectively mobile chicanes such was the speed differential. Even if his opponents were intimidated by the halo-impeded shiny Lewis helmet, the passes wouldn't have been any easier than they were.

Entertaining show though.

Vettel got my vote, purely for his excellent start, and the outstanding move on Bottas. Reminded me of the move Rosberg pulled in Abu Dhabi. Literally won him the title. We'll only know at the end of the season of Seb's move was just as important.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 07:45 (Ref:3836446)   #48
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where is Lewis vilified for being waved through? Saying it was not as hard a come back as it is made to be is hardly vilifying someone.

btw.: the same applies for Vettel's comeback drive in France.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 08:03 (Ref:3836448)   #49
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
Where is Lewis vilified for being waved through? Saying it was not as hard a come back as it is made to be is hardly vilifying someone.

btw.: the same applies for Vettel's comeback drive in France.
All over the internet! Facebook comments in particular are most scathing. There's a lot of haters out there.

Old 13 Jul 2018, 17:01 (Ref:3836506)   #50
ASCII Man
Veteran

Belgium
Leuven
ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Jacques fans were also interesting back in the day.
You remember nothing.
Old 13 Jul 2018, 17:42 (Ref:3836512)   #51
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Wail of Blame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
All over the internet! Facebook comments in particular are most scathing. There's a lot of haters out there.

There certainly are. I find it quite bizarre. But we're a more discerning and balanced lot here, I'm sure....
Old 13 Jul 2018, 23:21 (Ref:3836582)   #52
Skam85
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Skam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
You remember nothing.

Haha! I loved Jacques. A true character.

Interesting is a very ambiguous word
Old 14 Jul 2018, 06:36 (Ref:3836605)   #53
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Yes Jacques certainly livened things up when it got boring on and off the track
Old 14 Jul 2018, 21:35 (Ref:3836705)   #54
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I say Lewis.