Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Jul 2010, 03:18 (Ref:2730960)   #1
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Underneath the Radar - Peter Windsor

This chap seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet. Is he still doing stuff for SPEED? Or has he gone into hiding?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 23 Jul 2010, 03:47 (Ref:2730967)   #2
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I don't think he'd be a popular visitor to Charlotte, which is where SPEED happens to be.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 04:15 (Ref:2730972)   #3
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if he's avoiding investors and or banks.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 04:47 (Ref:2730980)   #4
tony griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
california
tony griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wasn't on Bernie's Christmas card list
Old 23 Jul 2010, 07:29 (Ref:2731021)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He is probably in hiding somewhere, not wishing for a repeat of his last F1 team failure to materialise.... one where law suits were issued and PW won a few quid from his investors. He ended up being 'kidnapped' and given a bit of a roughing up, and dumped somewhere in a ditch IIRC. End of story is that left him needing a stay in hospital.

He has probably bought a wig and moved to Rio!

To explain the last line I remember a Monty Python sketch with the line 'Shave your head and meet me in Rio'. Well, PW doesnt have much hair to shave, so hence buy a wig....
Old 24 Jul 2010, 04:43 (Ref:2731576)   #6
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's still around and out in the open

He was at the Australian Grand Prix this year, doing the track commentary with Neil Crompton and Bob Constanduros.

The gigs he had at Speed and ONE were both probably replaced by the time he gave in to USF1 not being on the 2010 grid
Old 24 Jul 2010, 12:50 (Ref:2731662)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wonder where his pal Anderson is? It would seem he's gone to ground.
Old 24 Jul 2010, 22:07 (Ref:2731953)   #8
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Do we care?
Old 24 Jul 2010, 22:45 (Ref:2731970)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Do we care?
Only for those people who lost their jobs.
Old 24 Jul 2010, 22:55 (Ref:2731973)   #10
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Of course how stupid of me...
Old 25 Jul 2010, 00:14 (Ref:2731978)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
No, not stupid at all, we always first think of the toss-pot who messes everything up.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 00:25 (Ref:2731980)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Sorry my browser crashed:

What I wanted to add is the media have said nothing, as far I know, about those people who lost their jobs either.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 18:58 (Ref:2732690)   #13
deletraz
Rookie

United States
Phoenix, AZ
deletraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Windsor's been going to the races. I spoke with him in Montreal.

He said he's looking at creating a web presence. He also would be open to returning to Speed, but whether they'd be open to that I have no idea.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 05:18 (Ref:2733799)   #14
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sure they would! When they introduce him, the graphics can say "Peter Windsor- That guy who made us all look like utter pillocks"
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 27 Jul 2010, 05:56 (Ref:2733805)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith

What I wanted to add is the media have said nothing, as far I know, about those people who lost their jobs either.
Well, they wouldn't.

I have a belief in things many would deride, but that there has been radio silence on this matter makes total sense to me.
Old 27 Jul 2010, 20:15 (Ref:2734182)   #16
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deletraz View Post
Windsor's been going to the races. I spoke with him in Montreal.

He said he's looking at creating a web presence.
Surely he's created a web presence already? As a laughing stock.
Old 28 Jul 2010, 11:24 (Ref:2734535)   #17
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the first person to quote a peter windsor blog as a source or valid opinion i think deserves the banhammer
Old 28 Jul 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2734641)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
the first person to quote a peter windsor blog as a source or valid opinion i think deserves the banhammer
They should certainly question the blogs integrity.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 11:01 (Ref:2738104)   #19
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
He is probably in hiding somewhere, not wishing for a repeat of his last F1 team failure to materialise.... one where law suits were issued and PW won a few quid from his investors. He ended up being 'kidnapped' and given a bit of a roughing up, and dumped somewhere in a ditch IIRC. End of story is that left him needing a stay in hospital.

He has probably bought a wig and moved to Rio!

To explain the last line I remember a Monty Python sketch with the line 'Shave your head and meet me in Rio'. Well, PW doesnt have much hair to shave, so hence buy a wig....
I think what you meant to say was that PW bought Brabham and on the day of moving in found out that the previous owner of Brabham had also sold it to Jochem Luhti. PW took the previous owner to court and won. Previous owner wasn't happy about losing so had PW roughed up...
Old 9 Aug 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2741846)   #20
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Peter Windsor is about to start writing for GP Week and is going to tell the full story of USGP - Well his side anyway!

www.gpweek.com
Old 9 Aug 2010, 12:59 (Ref:2741878)   #21
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Only for those people who lost their jobs.
We, fans of Jose Maria Lopez, care too.
F*** Windsor and Anderson!
Old 9 Aug 2010, 21:06 (Ref:2742139)   #22
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post
Peter Windsor is about to start writing for GP Week and is going to tell the full story of USGP - Well his side anyway!

www.gpweek.com
This should prove interesting.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 01:12 (Ref:2742237)   #23
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
We, fans of Jose Maria Lopez, care too.
F*** Windsor and Anderson!

No swearing please, I understand you want too..
Old 10 Aug 2010, 07:02 (Ref:2742299)   #24
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post

www.gpweek.com
"Anyone who thinks we won't show up in Bahrain, raise your hand!"

I'm not expecting much from that article. Lots of spin, light on facts and truth. All in all, Peter seemed pretty oblivious to happenings at USF1.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 07:30 (Ref:2742308)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgms320 View Post
"Anyone who thinks we won't show up in Bahrain, raise your hand!"

I'm not expecting much from that article. Lots of spin, light on facts and truth. All in all, Peter seemed pretty oblivious to happenings at USF1.
I think one could say, conveniently oblivious.