Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 5 Aug 2018, 16:58 (Ref:3841622)   #26
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well one down already, as I've heard many times trackside, nothing good ever happens in morning warmup.

Hawksworth had brake failure in to 8 and put her in the wall so they've withdrawn from the race according to their tweet this morning.
That's not good, a strange place for an accident too.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 17:46 (Ref:3841628)   #27
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
At least it was the 'slower' Lexus, trying to find some positive as I root for the team.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 18:40 (Ref:3841632)   #28
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yacaman just had a huge off, nearly got away with it, but ended up in the gravel. FCY after 1 lap
Old 5 Aug 2018, 18:46 (Ref:3841633)   #29
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That could've been a huge accident. Very lucky.

Mazda running well. We must be due a fire!
Old 5 Aug 2018, 18:49 (Ref:3841634)   #30
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
1 by 1 train from 1 to 7 in GTLM right now, as Tandy in the #91 seems to have trouble keeping up.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 18:50 (Ref:3841635)   #31
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Aside from the imsa.com streams. "BMW Motorsport" channel on youtube has live streaming of the #25 BMW M8.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 18:57 (Ref:3841636)   #32
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Aside from the imsa.com streams. "BMW Motorsport" channel on youtube has live streaming of the #25 BMW M8.
thanks. I'm watching on Fox Sports1 stateside, but I'm using the word "watching" loosely. There have already been a couple non-racing segments. Glad i am watching live though this week so i can at least listen to RLM and watch T&S.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:02 (Ref:3841642)   #33
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
interesting converstation between John and Jeremy on next years dpi class. Jeremy says dpi's won't be sped up by much, and John says 8% is what a team told him.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:03 (Ref:3841644)   #34
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Goikhenberg is struggling in the 99. Crazy since the sister car is pulling away from the field.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:03 (Ref:3841645)   #35
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
thanks. I'm watching on Fox Sports1 stateside, but I'm using the word "watching" loosely. There have already been a couple non-racing segments. Glad i am watching live though this week so i can at least listen to RLM and watch T&S.
I don't have cable but yeah. Already stock piling the pre record segments over there eh? But hey at least you are getting educated about how racing tires work.

Race settled so far. Gaps from 1st through 8th in GTLM about 8 seconds. So it promises to be a close one today. Even BMW hanging in there so far. Watching the #4 and #25 go at it for 6th. Looks like #24 pressuring #92 for 4th just ahead.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:03 (Ref:3841646)   #36
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
interesting converstation between John and Jeremy on next years dpi class. Jeremy says dpi's won't be sped up by much, and John says 8% is what a team told him.
Has to be a Caddy team. They referenced last year, so it's not Acura, and there's no chance the Nissan or Mazda would find that much time.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:06 (Ref:3841647)   #37
MaskedRacer
Veteran

I think #63 Ferrari held up Gavin and Sims. The top 3 in GTLM Ford 66, 67, and Corvette 3 have a gap over the others.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:10 (Ref:3841648)   #38
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Well that was well timed for the 31 and Core. That'll most likely cycle them to the front.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:11 (Ref:3841649)   #39
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Well that was well timed for the 31 and Core. That'll most likely cycle them to the front.
Sometimes you get lucky! Good to see what Braun can do with the Oreca now.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:15 (Ref:3841653)   #40
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
holy ****, Mazda had a good pitstop and jumped the acura!
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:17 (Ref:3841654)   #41
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Did that guy from Continental Tires just say electric cars have tall skinny tyres and that's a new challenge? Has...he seen an electric car? Or did I miss a bit of what he was talking about?
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3841655)   #42
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
77 has jumped everyone according to the timing tower! And the 5 has jumped a lot too.

Edit: 31 didn't repair the damage under yellow. Surprised they didn't use the free time in that stop to repair the deck. They'd still be second.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3841656)   #43
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
looks like the 52 Ligier just got its lap back. I saw it passing the SC on the T&S map
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:19 (Ref:3841657)   #44
Maggo
Racer

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Did that guy from Continental Tires just say electric cars have tall skinny tyres and that's a new challenge? Has...he seen an electric car? Or did I miss a bit of what he was talking about?
BMW I3 and I8 ?
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:19 (Ref:3841658)   #45
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
careful, you may be ushering forth a lightning strike or something.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:20 (Ref:3841660)   #46
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Ok the safety car stuff is ridiculous on track the size of road America. What a waste of time for everybody.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:20 (Ref:3841661)   #47
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
i missed it, my phone rang. But it wouldn't surprise me if he said that. And what electric cars? I think a Tesla has a different tire size than a Nissan Leaf.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:21 (Ref:3841662)   #48
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
careful, you may be ushering forth a lightning strike or something.
Good point, I'll watch for flames spitting out the back in the next hour.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:21 (Ref:3841663)   #49
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
i missed it, my phone rang. But it wouldn't surprise me if he said that. And what electric cars? I think a Tesla has a different tire size than a Nissan Leaf.
Maggo just pointed me to the i3 and i8, and the i3 does look skinny but the i8 looks normal enough.

Continental interviews have always been a bit odd though. Wonder what the Michelin equivalent will be like next year.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 19:24 (Ref:3841664)   #50
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Acura has had a pretty dismal season, going off on a restart just seems to fit.

Especially ironic since their base car, is the best P2 car.