Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Mar 2005, 08:38 (Ref:1266008)   #76
spnixon
Racer

spnixon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrera
The modest Mr Nixon did not mention his Class F Classic Thunder win and lap record.
The results sheet still had me down as class D even though I'd informed the race officials that this was incorrect and there had been an amendment issued prior to qualifying stating that I had moved to class F. I mentioned the error when I collected the results sheet (within 30 minutes of the printed time) and I was told it wasn't a problem and would be corrected but nothing seems to have changed in the final published results. I'm not sure if I need to protest the results properly or go and see the CoC rather that the race admin people?

Anyway yes, it was a great days racing and the Golf (or rather my amateur mechanical skills) finally hung together whilst everone around me seemed to have problems. The three green flag laps and general chaos at the start of the G1 race certainly had my nerves jangling.

Superb pictures of both meetings, especially all the Alfa Guilias at Combe.
Old 31 Mar 2005, 13:10 (Ref:1266212)   #77
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spnixon
I mentioned the error when I collected the results sheet (within 30 minutes of the printed time) and I was told it wasn't a problem and would be corrected but nothing seems to have changed in the final published results. I'm not sure if I need to protest the results properly or go and see the CoC rather that the race admin people?
It's only ever happened once to me and it was the timekeepers who corrected the error, the problem of course is that once you let it drift you're into the 30minute setting in stone period..

So consequently you may have had to go to the CofC but in all honesty the better tactic would be just to stand over them until it's done...

Stacy
Old 31 Mar 2005, 18:14 (Ref:1266448)   #78
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
Neil they are great photo's and looking through them makes me very jealous that my car wasnt ready in time for that round, I will be at Donington though will you cover any of the other rounds or do you just do CC as its local?
Thanks Simon

And, yes I'm afraid that Combe is the only ciruit that I photograph at the moment. Hopefully you'll be there again next year!

Last edited by neil_davidson2; 31 Mar 2005 at 18:14.
Old 1 Apr 2005, 06:12 (Ref:1266829)   #79
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
damn well hope so! I had planned to be there this year but various last minute engine problems stopped me. The good news is that the engine is now ready to be picked up from Racing Fabs and we are testing on 15th - finally!
will you cover the HSCC meeting there in August?
Old 1 Apr 2005, 07:03 (Ref:1266838)   #80
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes I'll be there in August (all being well) are you running something in the HSCC events?

I'll also be marshalling as usual at Silverstone so I'll stop by and see you in the paddock there if you're out in the lotus (or something else?) this year.
Old 1 Apr 2005, 07:19 (Ref:1266844)   #81
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
no the Lotus has a new home in Belgium
this year I am out in a Merlyn Mk6a sports racer (blue and looks similar to an Elva or 23b) I am at silverstone May 8th and for the festival in July. I now have all the roundels on it so the head marshall on the pitlane who bolluxed me so much last October should be happy!!!!
Old 1 Apr 2005, 22:15 (Ref:1267501)   #82
pjh
Rookie

pjh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
The grid could have been bigger but the clash with Thruxton reduced the entries. (This is not supposed to be a competior series). Hopefully that won't occur at Donington.
Hi,

What's the difference between the two? I was tossing up whether to go Thruxton or Combe on Monday and in the end Thruxton won for convenience of travel really. Cars seem similar to the mid 70's, 80's and later touring cars that were there?

P.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 08:50 (Ref:1267703)   #83
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There is no dufference except that the Rovers can't run with spoilers (and I suspect fuel injection but I'm not sure).

The basic regs and tyres are the same for CTCRC Group 1 and Top Hat 70's saloons.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 13:53 (Ref:1267875)   #84
pjh
Rookie

pjh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
There is no dufference except that the Rovers can't run with spoilers (and I suspect fuel injection but I'm not sure).

The basic regs and tyres are the same for CTCRC Group 1 and Top Hat 70's saloons.
Oh right, that would certainly explain the similarity. Pardon my ignorance though, but how is that not a competitor series?

Actually I'm even more confused, your profile says you race in the CTCRC Group 1 races, and yet thats the one I saw, and you weren't there, you were racing in the non competing other series! errr.. Help!

Cheers

Pete.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 17:12 (Ref:1267996)   #85
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=spnixon]The results sheet still had me down as class D even though I'd informed the race officials that this was incorrect and there had been an amendment issued prior to qualifying stating that I had moved to class F. I mentioned the error when I collected the results sheet (within 30 minutes of the printed time) and I was told it wasn't a problem and would be corrected but nothing seems to have changed in the final published results. I'm not sure if I need to protest the results properly or go and see the CoC rather that the race admin people?

Peter, this needs to be sorted asap. The Classic Thunder championship has had problems with points scoring/eligibility issues for the last two seasons.

If you are registered as Class D for CT then the results should stand although there has been a precedent set to the contrary. If the class D entry was purely a mix up (due to your Group 1 class) then the result should be amended to show you in Class F.
Old 2 Apr 2005, 21:24 (Ref:1268193)   #86
Yimkin
Racer

Yimkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
I think the one hour Top Hat race suffered slightly due to the high attrition rate . . .myself included, hopefully this will be cured by Donnington as, in my case it was just silly little annoying things that went wrong.

The trouble with suggsting 2 races instead of one is with starts and grids etc it would basically mean drivers costs go up or we get less track time, One of the better aspects of CC is that the public get a good view of the circuit, AND the pit lane, theres always things going on there as well, and you can walk most of a lap and see plenty of different viewpoints in an hour

anyone got any pics ?
Zef, how did you find the A6 cam? Dad said you seemed quite pleased despite the DNF?
Old 3 Apr 2005, 09:58 (Ref:1268528)   #87
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Firstly. The series was not intended to run in competition with the CTCRC it just happens that sometimes there are clashes of calendar and this weekend was one of them. I view them as complementary. Indeed as far as the Historics are concerned Top Hat has gone completely App K so that rules out one class of CTCRC car and thus cannot be seen to be a drain on that resource.

Second. I apologise for the confusion but in my case its geography. I work overseas and get limited time in europe at the moment, thus it was more cost efficient to do the 30 mins race at Combe than it was to do a ten lapper at Thruxton. As I have no interest (and some would argue ability) in championships anymore (I've been there done that) I only tend to get in the way of those who are competing for points. This is a feeling I've had for some time so I'll enter CTCRC events if they are convenient. In this case the Top Hat calendar was decided in December last year. The CTCRC was decided in February (IIRC) and I'd already entered the Top Hat event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjh
Oh right, that would certainly explain the similarity. Pardon my ignorance though, but how is that not a competitor series?

Actually I'm even more confused, your profile says you race in the CTCRC Group 1 races, and yet thats the one I saw, and you weren't there, you were racing in the non competing other series! errr.. Help!

Cheers

Pete.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 09:50 (Ref:1269587)   #88
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yimkin
Zef, how did you find the A6 cam? Dad said you seemed quite pleased despite the DNF?
Yimkin, coupled with a new head, better exhaust manifold and slightly higher compression (11:1) I think its great, seems to pull from around 3-7k I'm changing around 7500, there doesnt seem to be much point in flogging it any more, I could get a bit more compression If I dared but it'll do for now.

I was pretty pleased as I outqualified everything in my class except Loti and Alfa GTA's which bodes well for a GT . . . now I need to make the brakes work as well as the engine !!!
Old 4 Apr 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1270187)   #89
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And the driver Joe? I was stood at Bobbies but could still see the top of your car at Camp

LOL

:-)

Max
Old 5 Apr 2005, 10:18 (Ref:1270694)   #90
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman
And the driver Joe? I was stood at Bobbies but could still see the top of your car at Camp

LOL

:-)

Max

you must have seen my did mid race piroutte whilst being harried by a Lotus . . .I'm pretty sure it was a banana skin on the racing line