Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 30 Mar 2019, 15:41 (Ref:3894281)   #251
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Link for IMSA data:http://results.imsa.com/
File used:Race/Hour 12/Time Cards (csv export)
Link for WEC data:http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/
File used:Race/Hour 8/Sector Analysis (csv export)

Notes on data:
- Reports are mostly the same format despite different names
- Set aside what I could tell were wet/yellow/in and out laps
- Columns D & E are the lap times. D is green track, E are the slower laps for the wet/yellow/pit laps. Averages are calculated from column D
- Average for #31 on a green track: 1:50.3 (Switch over to the #31 tab to see math)
- Average for #11 on a green track: 1:48.3

In my mind green track was the only thing you can compare with differences in pit lane, time of day, weather, etc. Not to mention that there are no two classes that run to the exact same regs, so even the other cars on track at the same time as P1 and DPi are different.

I know comparing the two only exists in theoretical land, but this seems like the most realistic data available before you really start saying things like "a P1 would break down while racing against a DPi."

As I've said multiple times, this doesn't make one class better or worse. It just shows one is faster in the most similar race conditions you can compare.

And if you truly don't care about the data presented (or WEC, IMSA, any race at Sebring, etc.), just making sure people on the internet don't post random info with no work to show for it, here you go.
Old 31 Mar 2019, 01:59 (Ref:3894364)   #252
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
But that's also good evidence that speed does not make something a better class. DPi produces more cars, better racing etc. Speed does not define how good a class is.
Eh that's quite subjective. When I get to see Rebellion and SMP going at each other it puts happiness in my heart, while I feel pretty much nothing for the Cadillac presents the Cadillac show powered by Cadillac guest starring HPD and turbo fires.
Old 31 Mar 2019, 02:05 (Ref:3894366)   #253
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
Eh that's quite subjective. When I get to see Rebellion and SMP going at each other it puts happiness in my heart, while I feel pretty much nothing for the Cadillac presents the Cadillac show powered by Cadillac guest starring HPD and turbo fires.
But the turbo fires are what makes the show!!!
Old 31 Mar 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3894431)   #254
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
You're totally right that it's subjective, but even your example of why you prefer LMP1 over DPi doesn't mention speed and lap time.
Old 2 Apr 2019, 09:59 (Ref:3894814)   #255
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I might be mistaken, but LMP1s have a min wight of 850 kg and more horsepower than the DPis with a base min wight of 900 kg, adjusted upward with ballast for BoP?

In any case, they don't race head-to-head, and the WEC cars don't get factory support ... but the P1s were faster at Sebring, not that it means anything.
Old 4 Apr 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3895297)   #256
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
A little late but here is my album of Sebring 12 Hours pics:

https://bit.ly/2YPw6lF

As always, please remember that I'm a fan with a camera, not an accomplished photographer. These pics are cropped and resized (to 16:9) but otherwise unedited. There's no night pics because I am ashamed to say I bailed out, cold and sunburned and wet, when it started to rain again late afternoon. Next year I will be better prepared!

Hope you enjoy.
Old 5 Apr 2019, 18:43 (Ref:3895551)   #257
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
A little late but here is my album of Sebring 12 Hours pics:

https://bit.ly/2YPw6lF
Those are Terrible pictures. In every case the beautiful Florida landscapes are obscured by cars.

(You do pretty well for an "amateur. People like you are why i don't post my truly amateurish galleries here. Thanks for posting.)

You have a bunch of rear-views of GTLMs where the car is at the top of the shot which really adds to the sense of the cars pulling away. I like the Juncos/Acura shot too, and the #84 JDC a little below that.

Of the rain shots, 3387--- the Acura and Mazda—is quite good (IMO.) 3401 (two JDCs in the rain) also. 3412 as well.

I will look at the next several hundred later ….

Last edited by Maelochs; 5 Apr 2019 at 18:50.