Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 May 2014, 11:50 (Ref:3408212)   #51
IndyMeister
Racer

IndyMeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Was reading the Italian GT coverage on DSC and noticed the team that won one of the races was BMS Scuderia Italia. They really have dropped off the radar haven't they?
The Lucchinis seemed to have lost interest in running their own team after 2010. But which sports car fan doesn't like the white stripe across the bonnet.

Luigi did some racing with Ebimotors in the meantime...
http://www.driverdb.com/drivers/luigi-lucchini/
Old 21 May 2014, 08:37 (Ref:3408535)   #52
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMeister View Post
The Lucchinis seemed to have lost interest in running their own team after 2010. But which sports car fan doesn't like the white stripe across the bonnet.

Luigi did some racing with Ebimotors in the meantime...
http://www.driverdb.com/drivers/luigi-lucchini/

I saw the pics of the Ferrari from Italian GT, saw the stripe across the bonnet and my heart skipped a beat. Was a big fan of the team since they started racing the Prodrive 550 and what a beautiful car that was
Old 21 May 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3408787)   #53
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
GT-Cup's first video review of the season is online: http://www.gtcup.co.uk/home/tv-2014.php
Old 23 Jun 2014, 03:25 (Ref:3425174)   #54
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Supercar Challenge Spa Euro Race 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfsnFehovTA#t=17
Old 22 Jul 2014, 17:54 (Ref:3436733)   #55
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Time for a thread revival?

If you can't make it to Spa and want to see some awesome GT1 and GT3 cars in action for little money, you should head down to Hockenheim this weekend (I might)...

DMV-TCC once again has the Zonda and Kuismannen's Viper on the entry list and there will also be a Saleen, though unfortunately not in DMV-TCC but rather in a different series that's usually more focused on smaller touring cars.

Either way, the entry list for DMV-TCC can be found here: http://www.dmv-tcc.com/events/2014/T...imring-56.html

(You can also download the schedule for what looks like a pretty good amateur racing weekend with lots of GTs, touring cars and sportscars on the same site..)
Old 24 Jul 2014, 14:44 (Ref:3437321)   #56
Speed-King
Veteran

Circuit Zolder just released an updated entry list for their 24h race at the end of August:

http://www.circuit-zolder.be/sites/d...0%2815%29b.pdf

Half a decade of very weak fields, the organizers decided to ban GT3 cars and let smaller cars compete for the overall win, in a bid to attract more interest. With 53 cars on the list, they seem to have reached their goal quite successfully. Question is if this set of cars will be attractive for spectators or if the race will become a mere club racing event.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 06:15 (Ref:3437587)   #57
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I see Anthony Kumpen and Bert Longin are entered in a Wolff sportscar-and the three Aussie built V8 Ford Focus that were at Spa and the Bathurst 12hr are entered also. Those Focus look and sounded great at Bathurst and were popular with the fans
Old 30 Jul 2014, 16:54 (Ref:3440162)   #58
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
STT in Spa Francorchamps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZkhIxIF1VY
Old 30 Jul 2014, 17:22 (Ref:3440169)   #59
Speed-King
Veteran

Speaking of STT, Klaus Abbelen (of Frikadelli Racing) has entered a Porsche 962 (NINE-SIX-TWO) for the next round at the Nürburgring in mid-August.
Old 30 Jul 2014, 18:09 (Ref:3440177)   #60
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
The Dauer version?
Old 30 Jul 2014, 18:10 (Ref:3440178)   #61
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Speaking of STT, Klaus Abbelen (of Frikadelli Racing) has entered a Porsche 962 (NINE-SIX-TWO) for the next round at the Nürburgring in mid-August.
Guauuu very Good!!! Groupe C vs GT3 genial!!!
Old 30 Jul 2014, 18:12 (Ref:3440179)   #62
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
The Dauer version?
Unless he's bought one of those recently, I don't think so. Abbelen already owns a regular Gr.C-spec 962, so I think it's gonna be that one:

ADAC GT-Masters will be racing there at the same weekend, could make for an interesting comparison...
Old 2 Aug 2014, 18:10 (Ref:3441024)   #63
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 28 Aug 2014, 11:07 (Ref:3448481)   #64
Speed-King
Veteran

First practise session for the 24h of Zolder is in the books:

http://www.raceresults.nu/uitslagen/...20Practice.pdf

Looks like it's everyone against the big bad Wolf (if that one lasts).
Old 28 Aug 2014, 11:29 (Ref:3448486)   #65
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't worry the CNs always break apart.

I love these team titles. Blueperry Racing, Titanic, one without name at all but just driver surnames in one big row
Old 28 Aug 2014, 11:59 (Ref:3448492)   #66
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time differences between the cars are huuuuge! If these laptimes would be anything like racepace, the frontrunners would lap the last cars every 4 laps or so.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 12:07 (Ref:3448498)   #67
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meh you see the same sort of lap time differences - usually even bigger - in Creventic events
Old 29 Aug 2014, 13:36 (Ref:3448854)   #68
Speed-King
Veteran

Combined qualifying results from Zolder:

http://www.raceresults.nu/uitslagen/...20combined.pdf

And autosport.be has a nice entry list with photos of all cars:

http://www.autosport.be/news/24h-zol...14-foto-s.html

Cool to see this event back on it's feet. Now if they could get some fast GTs that aren't Porsches, that'd be a real treat.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 13:58 (Ref:3448862)   #69
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I like these MARC Ford Focus'.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 14:01 (Ref:3448864)   #70
Deleted
Veteran

I don't understand the classes, for example in "GT-1" and "GT-2" they have Cup 997 and 996 Porsches which is fine and dandy but in "GT-3" you have 997 GT4s and BMWs yet also small prototypes like the Radical there - when there are actual proto classes too??

Speaking of those "GT-3"s, I never paid any attention to the Saker RapX... why have I never before realized there was a (low performance but still) beauty like this on European racetracks Subaru engine too

The open top Sniper version doesn't do much for me but that coupe is gorgeous.

Last edited by Deleted; 29 Aug 2014 at 14:07.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 14:09 (Ref:3448871)   #71
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
I don't understand the classes, for example in "GT-1" and "GT-2" they have Cup 997 and 996 Porsches which is fine and dandy but in "GT-3" you have 997 GT4s and BMWs yet also small prototypes like the Radical there - when there are actual proto classes too??
The class structure is a bit of an issue, though "GT1, etc." are not the actual class-names, that's just done on that entry list, with a translation to the actual class-names (correspondend to those in other Belgian series) being given below the list.

I guess the Radical RXC gets a pass as a GT since it is also allowed to race in the GT-class in Dutch Supercar Challenge (rather than their prototype series) and because there actually is a road car equivalent. I tend to think of it as a modern day Ultima or something like that rather than an all-out prototype.
How the 997 GT4 got into the same class as the RXC and the Saker I really can't explain, though.

Edit: Looking at the explanation of the classes, the Radical actually is the odd one out in "GT3/GT-Light" as that is defined as "Klasse 3: GT Light - GT4 & Supersport & GT Open < 3.000 cc" and the RXC has a 3.7l engine, putting it in "Klasse 1", which is also where it belongs performance wise.

Last edited by Speed-King; 29 Aug 2014 at 14:15.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 22:47 (Ref:3448961)   #72
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I like these MARC Ford Focus'.

They looked and sounded good at Bathurst 12hr earlier this year, hope they do well.

I see the drivers per car rules are quite relaxed at this event with some cars having five or even six drivers :lol:
Old 30 Aug 2014, 12:23 (Ref:3449060)   #73
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
They looked and sounded good at Bathurst 12hr earlier this year, hope they do well.
Is the plan to run these cars in South-Africa still alive?
Old 30 Aug 2014, 12:52 (Ref:3449063)   #74
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Speaking of those "GT-3"s, I never paid any attention to the Saker RapX... why have I never before realized there was a (low performance but still) beauty like this on European racetracks Subaru engine too

The open top Sniper version doesn't do much for me but that coupe is gorgeous.
I don't know if the Saker RAPX has more resemblance to a Group C prototype or a GT1 car, but it's so gorgeous to look at!
Old 30 Aug 2014, 15:22 (Ref:3449078)   #75
Speed-King
Veteran

The race at Zolder is underway... the Vandereyt Porsche managed to give the Wolf a run for its money in the first 20 minutes, but now it looks like he has to let him disappear in the distance for the time being.

http://www.racinglife.nl/live-coverage/ (Timing and scoring + Ticker in Flemish)

Edit: Or maybe not. The Wolf seems to have a hard time in traffic, lost 5 seconds this last lap. Also, rain has been forecast for the top of the hour.

Top-3 within two seconds now. Damn, I kinda wish I went to Zolder right now.