Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 May 2018, 15:57 (Ref:3818899)   #26
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
2018 24h Nürburgring

#2 GetSpeed - Lucas Luhr, Steve Jans, Marek Böckmann, Jan-Erik Slooten.
#17 Team75 Bernhard - Andre Lotterer, Michael Christensen, Jörg Bergmeister, Matteo Cairoli.
#30 Frikadelli - Wolf Henzler, Lance David Arnold, Alexander Müller, Matt Campbell,
#31 Frikadelli - Norbert Siedler, Marco Seefried, Felipe Fernández Laser, Mathieu Jaminet,
$44 Falken - Dirk Werner, Sven Müller, Martin Ragginger, Klaus Bachler.
#911 Manthey - Earl Bamber, Laurens Vanthoor, Kévin Estre, Romain Dumas.
#912 Manthey - Frédéric Makowiecki, Nick Tandy, Richard Lietz, Patrick Pilet.
Old 3 May 2018, 18:47 (Ref:3819221)   #27
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here are some pics from the recent test in Monza with some info I gathered: https://www.gt-report.com/2018/05/03...monza-gallery/

Old 4 May 2018, 06:04 (Ref:3819312)   #28
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
Here are some pics from the recent test in Monza with some info I gathered: https://www.gt-report.com/2018/05/03...monza-gallery/

Thanks!
Old 11 May 2018, 13:44 (Ref:3821501)   #29
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
The pics of the new Porsche GT3 is very good. I love the modification of the Porsche factory livery from red to green. Its like they pay attention to GTD since they run green numbers. Whereas GTLM is red :-)

Hope somebody races with that livery when the car gets on track.
Old 2 Jun 2018, 14:55 (Ref:3826226)   #30
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Porsche are running special liveries on the #91 and #92 RSR's

https://mobile.twitter.com/PorscheRa...15791656521728

https://t.co/rjoTvprRGB
Damn they look awesome!
Old 2 Jun 2018, 15:39 (Ref:3826236)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Damn they look awesome!

Don’t they just. Porsche GT plus retro livery equals drool...
Old 2 Jun 2018, 17:40 (Ref:3826272)   #32
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Damn they look awesome!

That is your opinion. The pink is horrendous and the cigarette-livery looks very cheap.
Old 2 Jun 2018, 17:45 (Ref:3826274)   #33
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nah, they're awesome.
Old 2 Jun 2018, 20:04 (Ref:3826302)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's only right that there is one person that doesn't think these liveries are marvelous..... It's a bit like 'Where's Wally?'
Old 3 Jun 2018, 13:27 (Ref:3826503)   #35
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pink Pig is stunning. Is cigarette branding banned? I think they should allow, and the population should just be smart enough to realize that smoking brings untimely death...
Old 3 Jun 2018, 13:52 (Ref:3826510)   #36
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Is cigarette branding banned?
It is and I wonder if reviving a cigarette sponsorship does go well for a brand like Porsche.
Old 3 Jun 2018, 14:39 (Ref:3826521)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As a one-off for Le Mans, I can't see it doing any damage whatsoever. After all, it's only a representation of the original livery.
Old 3 Jun 2018, 14:42 (Ref:3826522)   #38
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don’t think people think of the tobacco, only the livery
Old 3 Jun 2018, 14:45 (Ref:3826525)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I don’t think people think of the tobacco, only the livery
Also now days in most markets all fag packets look the same, so the old colour schemes are not so effective
Old 3 Jun 2018, 14:50 (Ref:3826526)   #40
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Doesn't have Rothmans on it, and there's no way they'll have actually paid for it.

It's not sponsorship. It's a tribute to one of the greatest Le Mans cars in history, on the birthday of the Porsche brand. An attempt to read any more into it than that is simply looking for something to complain about.
Old 3 Jun 2018, 15:31 (Ref:3826538)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Old 5 Jun 2018, 11:24 (Ref:3826926)   #42
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
5 more screaming RSRs in the pipeline.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/p...customer-cars/
Old 5 Jun 2018, 12:07 (Ref:3826934)   #43
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
further proof of the growth in GT racing at the moment
Old 5 Jun 2018, 13:52 (Ref:3826950)   #44
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It's only right that there is one person that doesn't think these liveries are marvelous..... It's a bit like 'Where's Wally?'
I prefer the traditional factory livery myself too. Porsche got it right with the new factory livery last year. The version they had from 2013-2016 was bad. However the new white/red/black Porsche logo shape is wonderful. I liked the green touch for the GT3 too. The colors is appropriate red is for the GTD, and green is for the GT3. Just like how IMSA separates GTLM and GTD.
Old 5 Jun 2018, 13:55 (Ref:3826952)   #45
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
further proof of the growth in GT racing at the moment
Oh I agree. Look at IMSA. The one race with no GTLM included gets watched and talked about by nobody. Blancpain Endurance Series is probably the best its ever been this year. Granted the sprint series has fallen some, but that has been made up for by a strong ADAC GT Masters.

And of course the ACO/WEC wants to use this popularity to create a quasi-GT based replacement for LMP1 now.

Some of this is because of the awesomeness that is the Porsche 911 RSR. Anybody go to youtube and watch the in car camera videos that last hours long? You can ago to sleep with that. I liked the Ford GT sound too until they brought in that stupid buzz noise. But it looks like at Spa the Ford did not have the buzz.
Old 5 Jun 2018, 16:46 (Ref:3826980)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I prefer the traditional factory livery myself too. Porsche got it right with the new factory livery last year. The version they had from 2013-2016 was bad. However the new white/red/black Porsche logo shape is wonderful. I liked the green touch for the GT3 too. The colors is appropriate red is for the GTD, and green is for the GT3. Just like how IMSA separates GTLM and GTD.
I guess it's all a matter of taste and preference. I would much prefer different liveried cars, both for identification purposes and simple variety. Having said that, I got very close views of them last year at scrutineering at LM and they did look gorgeous.....
Attached Thumbnails
0102.jpg  
Old 5 Jun 2018, 17:01 (Ref:3826982)   #47
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
No way i want all the numerous RSR porsches looking the same, i think the variation we will hopefully see this year will be well received. And i think the pink pig will be by far the best selling in the model shops
Old 5 Jun 2018, 17:14 (Ref:3826986)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I just hope they have some there - although you'll probably save some dosh buying them at home on eBay after the race.......
Old 5 Jun 2018, 17:43 (Ref:3826991)   #49
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I am certain the porsche stand will have them but suspect they will be even more expensive than the over priced t shirts
Old 8 Jun 2018, 01:07 (Ref:3827554)   #50
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the timing worked out with the IMSA cars, we might have seen hippie 911 and GT1 911 at Le Mans. There's always next year...