Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Mar 2019, 21:09 (Ref:3894163)   #51
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
And then you have to re-do it. Hence the old saying 'the more haste, the less speed'.

(MH - feel free to re-write this without commencing with 'and')

You could try:

However, you then you have to re-do it. Hence there is the old saying 'more haste, less speed'.

Old 30 Mar 2019, 06:09 (Ref:3894219)   #52
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I think the point has been made! I’m as guilty as most when it comes to the finer details of English grammar, but the important point (to make a post easier to read) is to avoid writing as if texting or making a comment on facebook / whatever.....

As David says, we can always read back through and edit before pressing submit!

Latest weather forecast for Barcelona suggests possible Saturday afternoon rain. Guess when the 2hr 60’s race is? Oh well, can’t have everything.....
Old 30 Mar 2019, 21:34 (Ref:3894335)   #53
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't expect my little mistake to 'blow up' like it has.Think we should return to talking about the event which is looking pretty good!
Old 31 Mar 2019, 05:24 (Ref:3894378)   #54
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Having checked the weather forecast yesterday and again this morning, the jury’s out. Meteo experts obviously can’t predict a week ahead in that area!
Old 31 Mar 2019, 06:03 (Ref:3894381)   #55
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Euuuh, Mike if I tell you our experts say it will improve on monday after your race does it help? Bring you rose tinted glasses with and have a look: you can enjoy tapas, cerveza, flamenco, castanets and last but not least you can use your brand new rain tires!
Old 2 Apr 2019, 10:48 (Ref:3894821)   #56
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Friday should be fine too…
Old 2 Apr 2019, 13:37 (Ref:3894862)   #57
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yes, the predictions are still changing from day to day!
Old 2 Apr 2019, 13:59 (Ref:3894869)   #58
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Lucky you! Here the predictions remain the same but the weather brutally went from easter style to thunder, heavy rains and strong winds!
Old 4 Apr 2019, 17:39 (Ref:3895288)   #59
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Eventually got let into an outer car park late yesterday afternoon- wise as the trucks arriving had blocked the local roads! Last year there was a car park open before the entrance where they made us wait until Thursday, but this year it is chained off. Must make sense to someone......

Anyway, as it was cold and a bit rainy I cancelled unloading scoot and going for grub. Fortunately I had enabled the warm air heating, as by time I got up this morning it was only 3c outside! Into paddock first thing and got some leccy at last. Team flying from UK almost missed plane due to Mway hold up (how unusual), and car owner flying from Faro had to wait while they fixed an engine on that plane. Let’s hope that it’s easier going from here on........

No rain today! A bonus.
Old 4 Apr 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3895304)   #60
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ha lÃ*, lÃ*, Mike you must have French roots! La terre est sèche, les salades et les fraises ont besoin d'eau nom de Zeus!
The forecast found here for your actual area is rather fine giving very few rain drops end of the afternoons.
Enjoy at take car with your Zip (could be considered as a super bike somewhere.) Dont let the key in the ignition!

May be you can share a lock with Will…*But how to put together an action cam and a scooter I wonder !
Old 5 Apr 2019, 03:31 (Ref:3895365)   #61
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
May be you can share a lock with Will…*But how to put together an action cam and a scooter I wonder !

So far so good...car through scrutineering with no problems!

Interestingly the cobras are now allowed to run electronic ignition, as apparently it is difficult to get decent points for them now....
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 5 Apr 2019, 04:40 (Ref:3895371)   #62
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post

So far so good...car through scrutineering with no problems!

Interestingly the cobras are now allowed to run electronic ignition, as apparently it is difficult to get decent points for them now....
Oh, is there scrutineering? I’ll sneak in straight after FP while the car is scorching hot- seems to stop them getting too interested, sometimes!

First car out at 0900, so already up and have broken my fast......
Old 5 Apr 2019, 05:28 (Ref:3895383)   #63
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Will when you say decent points you mean overall classification?

Fast what?
Old 5 Apr 2019, 08:01 (Ref:3895421)   #64
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Will when you say decent points you mean overall classification?

Fast what?
Gerard you read my mind!!!
Mag 7's #60
Old 5 Apr 2019, 08:45 (Ref:3895431)   #65
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You laugh Will take care of your roundels!
PS: In French "rondelle" is the equivalent of washer…
Have fun I'd love to be there. Be safe.
Old 5 Apr 2019, 10:01 (Ref:3895449)   #66
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Excellent live timing is on. Will you're too fast for a well known Shapecraft…
Old 5 Apr 2019, 10:10 (Ref:3895451)   #67
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been watching the Live Timing. How many Red Flags. I Think that's about 4 in 4 sessions so far.Some incredible cars out so far.The timing screen is very ood,easy to understand.Have the E Types in 60s always been in a different class?
Old 5 Apr 2019, 10:56 (Ref:3895459)   #68
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I guess "very ood" means good in your words not "odd"… Yes Alkamel supplies a good tool, very clear and complete, really user friendly. I seem to remember that the classification can change during the same lap unlikely many other systems. This allows you to "follow" the race and the battles from your armchair. Using a PC or a smart phone is a plus… If you like to test you as team manager, consider to make as many screen capture as you can. If you ask why it could mean I'm not clear!

Mike did you see the GTA in 1300 form?
Old 5 Apr 2019, 11:16 (Ref:3895461)   #69
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
@ the youngest Will. If for instance you missed an info when watching the live timing, after a while (depending on computer and regulation) you can go "results". Thats what I just did. I read that Sixities FP was said dry track while HTC was declared Wet Track. OK its nothing like being on the pit wall, the best being on the pit wall watching live timing with your own computer to make screen captures. Got it?
Old 5 Apr 2019, 11:53 (Ref:3895468)   #70
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
@ the youngest Will. If for instance you missed an info when watching the live timing, after a while (depending on computer and regulation) you can go "results". Thats what I just did. I read that Sixities FP was said dry track while HTC was declared Wet Track. OK its nothing like being on the pit wall, the best being on the pit wall watching live timing with your own computer to make screen captures. Got it?
I've got in on the TV now.Its through my Playstation.As my dad would say If your going to do it,do it properly 😁😁.Currently on 2.0L Practice.
Old 5 Apr 2019, 14:39 (Ref:3895497)   #71
Willmaz223
Veteran

Looks like its raining.Group C Qualifying had about half the field sitting out.
Old 5 Apr 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3895501)   #72
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
It started to rain just before CER1 free practice, so the B19 didn’t go out. Nothing to be learned.....

60s qually also wet, and SLR finished up fastest under 3 litre car, I’ve been told. That on dry settings! Fantastic result for Will and Bill in the 356 also.
Old 5 Apr 2019, 14:48 (Ref:3895502)   #73
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
It started to rain just before CER1 free practice, so the B19 didn’t go out. Nothing to be learned.....

60s qually also wet, and SLR finished up fastest under 3 litre car, I’ve been told. That on dry settings! Fantastic result for Will and Bill in the 356 also.
Yes 20th I think,Will be an interesting start tomorrow.

Last edited by Willmaz223; 5 Apr 2019 at 15:16.
Old 5 Apr 2019, 16:42 (Ref:3895529)   #74
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The 356 being very fast is not new, congrats. I was a little worried about the carbon roof and the Perpex windshield but apparently it works fine!
Old 5 Apr 2019, 19:30 (Ref:3895558)   #75
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
The 356 being very fast is not new, congrats. I was a little worried about the carbon roof and the Perpex windshield but apparently it works fine!
Glass and steel are very hard to find now.....
Mag 7's #60