Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 31 Jan 2019, 11:01 (Ref:3880856)   #1
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dessert Sebring Session Coverage

I've been finding out which sessions are shown on TV/Stream, on RLM, and live timing

Ironically, WEC gets less media (radio) session exposure than even MPC, although obviously the length of the race compensates

Correct me on things not matching up?

Code:
Date		Series	Session		TV/St.	Radio	LT
Sat Mar 9	WEC	Testing 1			???
Sun Mar 10	WEC	Testing 2			???
Wed Mar 13	IPC/MPC	Testing				???
Wed Mar 13	IPC	Practice 1			X
Wed Mar 13	WEC	Practice 1			X
Wed Mar 13	IPC	Practice 2			X
Wed Mar 13	WEC	Practice 2			X
Thu Mar 14	IPC	Qualifying		X	X
Thu Mar 14	MPC	Practice 1		X	X
Thu Mar	14	ISC	Practice 1A		X	X
Thu Mar 14	ISC	Practice 1B			X
Thu Mar 14	MPC	Practice 2		X	X
Thu Mar 14	IPC	Race		X	X	X
Thu Mar 14	ISC	Practice 2		X	X
Thu Mar 14	WEC	Practice 3			X
Thu Mar 14	MPC	Practice 3		X	X
Thu Mar 14	MPC	Qualifying		X	X
Thu Mar 14	ISC	Practice 3		X	X
Thu Mar 14	WEC	Qualifying	X	X	X
Fri Mar 15	ISC	Practice 4		X	X
Fri Mar 15	ISC	Qualifying	X	X	X
Fri Mar 15	MPC	Race		X	X	X
Fri Mar 15	WEC	Race		X	X	X
Sat Mar 16	ISC	Warm-Up			X	X
Sat Mar 16	ISC	Race		X	X	X
Maybe Lanky Turtle will be the coverage provider for pre-quali WEC sessions incl February Toyota tests of course

Last edited by Deleted; 31 Jan 2019 at 11:20.
Old 31 Jan 2019, 22:45 (Ref:3880998)   #2
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I've been finding out which sessions are shown on TV/Stream, on RLM, and live timing

Ironically, WEC gets less media (radio) session exposure than even MPC, although obviously the length of the race compensates

Code:
Sat Mar 9	WEC	Testing 1			???
Sun Mar 10	WEC	Testing 2			???
Wed Mar 13	WEC	Practice 1			X
Wed Mar 13	WEC	Practice 2			X
Thu Mar 14	WEC	Practice 3			X
Maybe Lanky Turtle will be the coverage provider for pre-quali WEC sessions incl February Toyota tests of course

Haha! I'm planning on seeing Toyota next week, I'll miss the weekend before the race tests as I'll be in St. Pete for IndyCar then, but will be in Sebring Wednesday for the first practice sessions.
Old 1 Feb 2019, 06:53 (Ref:3881059)   #3
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Haha! I'm planning on seeing Toyota next week, I'll miss the weekend before the race tests as I'll be in St. Pete for IndyCar then, but will be in Sebring Wednesday for the first practice sessions.
Thanks! Appreciate it, like us all
Old 1 Feb 2019, 14:19 (Ref:3881140)   #4
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I'm not sure but from the flaggers application it seemed there's a private WEC testday on Tuesday (but can't find anything on the revised schedule)??

https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...619_new1_0.pdf
Old 1 Feb 2019, 15:52 (Ref:3881159)   #5
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I'm not sure but from the flaggers application it seemed there's a private WEC testday on Tuesday (but can't find anything on the revised schedule)??

https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...619_new1_0.pdf
Are you referring to the Tuesday before the race or this upcoming Tuesday Feb 5th? This Tuesday coming up is the supposed date of Toyota starting their test. What is this flaggers application you speak of?
Old 3 Feb 2019, 15:59 (Ref:3881674)   #6
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Are you referring to the Tuesday before the race or this upcoming Tuesday Feb 5th? This Tuesday coming up is the supposed date of Toyota starting their test.
Tuesday, March 12.

Quote:
What is this flaggers application you speak of?
https://cfrscca.org/welcome/pro-raci...ation-process/

If interested in volunteering for F&C (Flagging & Communications) aka 'working corners', I strongly suggest trying out one of the local SCCA Club racing events.
Old 5 Feb 2019, 10:03 (Ref:3882039)   #7
Deleted
Veteran

Must be a typo, I don't remember ever seeing it, only Sat+Sun and the regular sessions. Maybe confusion with the support promoter's test day
Old 5 Feb 2019, 16:51 (Ref:3882119)   #8
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Wonder if the grid for the 12 hours could fall below 40 cars. Which would not be the end of the world I must say. Remember 2009 had 30 I think, and they did alright.

Still I wonder now if Land will come back after the whole Daytona rules debacle. I hope they do. Black Swan is probably in question now after Tim's crash.

Probably will lose the Dragonspeed WEC entry (#18), #46 Ebimotors Lambo, #99 NGT Porsche, #13 Via Ferrari, #62 Risi Ferrari, and #88 WRT Audi. Not sure about #51 Ferrari, can Dalla Lana's guys do a double?
Old 15 Feb 2019, 14:55 (Ref:3884401)   #9
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

RLM has now added coverage of the three WEC practice sessions
Old 20 Feb 2019, 22:56 (Ref:3885652)   #10
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
RLM has now added coverage of the three WEC practice sessions
Yay! I actually came here just to say the same thing after noticing, this is great

So with some updates

Code:
Sat Mar 9	WEC	Testing 1A			???
Sat Mar 9	WEC	Testing 1B			???
Sun Mar 10	WEC	Testing 2A			???
Sun Mar 10	WEC	Testing 2B			???
Wed Mar 13	WEC	Practice 1		X	X
Wed Mar 13	WEC	Practice 2		X	X
Thu Mar 14	WEC	Practice 3		X	X
Old 22 Feb 2019, 14:33 (Ref:3885955)   #11
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anyone know if they have FM radio trackside at Sebring?
Old 27 Feb 2019, 16:25 (Ref:3887100)   #12
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Does anyone know if they have FM radio trackside at Sebring?
'Don't remember if an AM or FM station, but, yes they do. I use it every year. Suits my "living in the past", my '90s Walkman does.... ('specially with split ear phones...I share one with a friend and we can still hear each other with the other ear)

jimclark
Old 27 Feb 2019, 19:21 (Ref:3887132)   #13
Deleted
Veteran

But WEC is on RS3 while all the other series are on RS2/"IMSA-radio" so... that might limit it if FM is just the IMSA one
Old 28 Feb 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3887381)   #14
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The ESPN feed was flag to flag on WWTK AM 730 in 2012, and 100.7 or 100.9 FM had it in 2017. The PAs have IMSA Radio coverage. It may be something you have to find out when you get there. There should be something, because data coverage isn't particularly good there.
Old 1 Mar 2019, 19:40 (Ref:3887645)   #15
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks guys. That's fine I'll pack my radio then
Old 1 Mar 2019, 21:32 (Ref:3887662)   #16
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
The ESPN feed was flag to flag on WWTK AM 730 in 2012, and 100.7 or 100.9 FM had it in 2017. The PAs have IMSA Radio coverage. It may be something you have to find out when you get there. There should be something, because data coverage isn't particularly good there.
WWTK now takes IMSA Radio for the race, but I don't think they take the practice and qualifying sessions.

Hire a scanner if you don't have one, as all the commentary is on 454MHz.
Old 9 Mar 2019, 11:01 (Ref:3889302)   #17
Deleted
Veteran

Updated

Code:
Date		Series	Session			TV/St.	Radio	LT
Sat Mar 9	WEC	Private Testing 1A			
Sat Mar 9	WEC	Private Testing 1B			
Sun Mar 10	WEC	Private Testing 2A			
Sun Mar 10	WEC	Private Testing 2B			
Wed Mar 13	IPC	Private Testing
Wed Mar 13	MPC	Private Testing
Wed Mar 13	IPC	Free Practice 1				X
Wed Mar 13	WEC	Free Practice 1			X	X
Wed Mar 13	IPC	Free Practice 2				X
Wed Mar 13	WEC	Free Practice 2			X	X
Thu Mar 14	IPC	Qualifying			X	X
Thu Mar 14	MPC	Free Practice 1			X	X
Thu Mar	14	ISC	Free Practice 1A		X	X
Thu Mar 14	ISC	Free Practice 1B			X
Thu Mar 14	MPC	Free Practice 2			X	X
Thu Mar 14	IPC	Race			X	X	X
Thu Mar 14	ISC	Free Practice 2			X	X
Thu Mar 14	WEC	Free Practice 3			X	X
Thu Mar 14	MPC	Free Practice 3			X	X
Thu Mar 14	MPC	Qualifying			X	X
Thu Mar 14	ISC	Free Practice 3			X	X
Thu Mar 14	WEC	Qualifying		X	X	X
Fri Mar 15	ISC	Free Practice 4			X	X
Fri Mar 15	ISC	Qualifying		X	X	X
Fri Mar 15	MPC	Race			X	X	X
Fri Mar 15	WEC	Race			X	X	X
Sat Mar 16	ISC	Warm-Up				X	X
Sat Mar 16	ISC	Race			X	X	X

Last edited by Deleted; 9 Mar 2019 at 11:06.