Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Dec 2019, 14:26 (Ref:3948534)   #951
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
EB, have you spotted the Australian car in Post 923.
If you mean the Bolwell (Mk5?) yes.

Bauble, the W125 Mercedes is an awesome picture.
Old 25 Dec 2019, 17:41 (Ref:3948543)   #952
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
It's not the Porsche bumpers or the radio that gets me it's the braces in post942 picture 3. ��
Another RBS blunder, that is the carry strap of a Euer Tape Recorder.. Braces indeed.
Old 25 Dec 2019, 18:20 (Ref:3948544)   #953
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Another RBS blunder, that is the carry strap of a Euer Tape Recorder.. Braces indeed.
Nah, rear hangers from a 1911 De Dion more like.
Old 25 Dec 2019, 19:14 (Ref:3948548)   #954
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Justr you must be very old to remember a De Dion.

These might be too up-to-date for you then.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2230.JPG   IMG_2237.JPG   IMG_2241.JPG  

IMG_2249.JPG   IMG_2338.JPG   IMG_2359.JPG  

Old 25 Dec 2019, 19:14 (Ref:3948549)   #955
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Braces indeed.
Well if you feel comfortable wearing one of those dont be shy! Next time do yourself a favor and try either Nagra or Tascam. They sound good too… May I suggest that "under" the shirt is more discret?
Old 25 Dec 2019, 19:18 (Ref:3948550)   #956
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
RBS, the Abarth looks good, n'est-ce pas?
Please no comments about the Mustang having no bumpers… The picture is a pure jewel, thanks.

Last edited by Gerard C; 25 Dec 2019 at 19:25.
Old 25 Dec 2019, 20:41 (Ref:3948556)   #957
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
XK, Mustang, Aston?, Turner, Alfa?, Stingray
Old 25 Dec 2019, 21:00 (Ref:3948558)   #958
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
What's the white car, no.3 in post 941 coming through the old bridge corner. I'll know when you tell me-Bristol?
Old 25 Dec 2019, 21:21 (Ref:3948559)   #959
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
What's the white car, no.3 in post 941 coming through the old bridge corner. I'll know when you tell me-Bristol?
Cooper Bristol.
Old 25 Dec 2019, 21:24 (Ref:3948560)   #960
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Aston????? You are treading on several peoples toes here mate. Aston fans will be livid, and Lancia aficionados wanting your blood. Serve you right for mocking a BBC Radio reporter interviewing a famous Italian,
Old 25 Dec 2019, 21:25 (Ref:3948561)   #961
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Aston????? You are treading on several peoples toes here mate. Aston fans will be livid, and Lancia aficionados wanting your blood. Serve you right for mocking a BBC Radio reporter interviewing a famous Italian,
So sorry, Aurelia then. Mock, moi? Will you be at the Brooklands time trials in January, I always go as well as the New Years day gathering, be great to say hello.
Old 26 Dec 2019, 06:07 (Ref:3948575)   #962
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Lancia AURELIA B20..... With technology well in advance of any AM of the same period!

If Lancia fans want to be offended, see what can be done to a B20 in modern times...... https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-re...urelia-outlaw/
Old 26 Dec 2019, 06:33 (Ref:3948577)   #963
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The Aurelia was the first "production" car to host a V6 engine. Later on Lancia built a V4 with only one head for all the cylinders. Not shocked by the outlaw tho, period modification and looks cool…
Old 26 Dec 2019, 08:22 (Ref:3948581)   #964
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The one behind the Alfa is an Abarth.
Old 26 Dec 2019, 08:29 (Ref:3948582)   #965
bauble
Veteran

England
Talk about educating the masses, see how much you are learning by following the 'Parade'. I should get a New year's Gong for my contribution to Education.
Old 26 Dec 2019, 09:28 (Ref:3948584)   #966
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Already agreed with you # 956, RB!
Quote:
Talk about educating the masses, see how much you are learning by following the 'Parade'.
A vey nice side effect! Talking about education, if you wiki the Aurelia the first thing you learn is it was Tintin's favorite car…
Old 26 Dec 2019, 09:56 (Ref:3948588)   #967
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Already agreed with you # 956, RB!
A vey nice side effect! Talking about education, if you wiki the Aurelia the first thing you learn is it was Tintin's favorite car…
Tintin books were my out and out favourite as a child, and I had all of those available back then. The Lancia certainly appeared in the Calculus Affair.

I have a picture from the book not for this thread (that de-railment thing) but Geronimo check your emails! I even named the driver for you!
Old 26 Dec 2019, 10:29 (Ref:3948596)   #968
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
To stick to the thread, dont you think we could put some Captain Haddock's words in Hawkeye's mouth? Like "thundering misguided missile" or "Steam roller"! No chance to see a New Yorker at GW I guess…
Old 26 Dec 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3948598)   #969
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
The Aurelia was the first "production" car to host a V6 engine. Later on Lancia built a V4 with only one head for all the cylinders. Not shocked by the outlaw tho, period modification and looks cool…
Can you think of any other V engine utilising a single cylinder head between the Lancia V4 and VW many years later with their V5 and VR6?

Glad you think the Outlaw is cool- so do I....
Old 26 Dec 2019, 12:41 (Ref:3948606)   #970
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I think VW had to use a balance shaft on the V5, right bauble? No brace needed a chain or pinions are enough!
The Outlaw looks good indeed and certainly better than the B52 by Ghia, this one looking rather… different!
Now you ask, how was the Alfa 164 engine…

Last edited by Gerard C; 26 Dec 2019 at 12:52.
Old 26 Dec 2019, 14:14 (Ref:3948610)   #971
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
I think VW had to use a balance shaft on the V5…
No balance shaft as far as I can find out. Nice 5 min video about the engine here.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title
Old 26 Dec 2019, 20:02 (Ref:3948625)   #972
bauble
Veteran

England
Bust today so not much action, but I will squeeze a few in to keep interest in the thread alive.
Attached Thumbnails
345b.jpg   395.jpg   491.jpg  

487.jpg   506.jpg   497.jpg  

Old 26 Dec 2019, 20:31 (Ref:3948628)   #973
bauble
Veteran

England
I thought it might be fun to open a discussion on bumpers. A subject which I know holds a certain fascination for some viewers. Do feel free to add your two pennorth.
Attached Thumbnails
Bumper 1.JPG   Bumpers 4.jpg   Bumpers 6.jpg  

Bumpers 3.jpg   Bumpers 5.jpg   Bumpers 2.JPG  

Old 26 Dec 2019, 21:10 (Ref:3948631)   #974
Eliteracer
Rookie

Eliteracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear Mr Bauble

Thank you for sharing your pictures which have brought this forum to light, supplemented by the comments from your fellow posters.

Additional content of Lagonda Rapiers and Lotus Elites would be greatly appreciated, if available, from your vast catalog.

Keep up the great work in 2020.

J
Old 26 Dec 2019, 22:37 (Ref:3948635)   #975
bauble
Veteran

England
Elites I can supply, not sure about Rapiers, will need to rummage.
A few Loti to keep you happy.

Thank you for your kind. remarks Baub.
Attached Thumbnails
563.jpg   _MG_0120.jpg   _MG_0123.jpg  

_MG_0163.jpg   _MG_0261(1).jpg   _MG_3744.jpg