Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 15 Aug 2000, 15:01 (Ref:30726)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I seem to have brilliantly confused myself (again)..I have watched Cart over the past few years and have enjoyed the progress of jourdain Jnr ..if only he could get a decent car he might do pretty well...but anyway the question i have is this.

years ago there was a Bernard Jourdain driving indycars..and I may be wrong in this but from what I can gather it is michels father..sweet no problem ..but it does bring up the question of .."Who the heck is Michel Jourdain SNR???"

can anybody sort this mystery out for me ??
Old 15 Aug 2000, 15:55 (Ref:30736)   #2
AndrettiRULES
Rookie

AndrettiRULES should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I highly doubt he's his father then, possibly an uncle? Kinda like Casey Mears isn't Rick's son, just his nephew.

AR
Old 16 Aug 2000, 00:07 (Ref:30826)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Well I've talked to Michel a fair bit over the years, and he is a really top guy. Bernard is his uncle, and his Dad is Michel Sr. Michel Jr has 7 brothers, and apparently most of them have raced over the years.
Old 16 Aug 2000, 02:16 (Ref:30862)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well there you go then ...thanks for the info on the Jourdain family tree
Old 16 Aug 2000, 13:20 (Ref:30915)   #5
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think michel is a good driver, better than adrian fernandez, and younger, so idon´t understand why mexican sponsors can´t give him a better ride,may be next year on the monterrey race we will see the real jourdain.
Old 17 Aug 2000, 14:40 (Ref:31095)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
and most of those 7 brothers are called michel.......

is the family background very rich? i know there's some money in it, but to what extent?
Old 18 Aug 2000, 12:31 (Ref:31242)   #7
wallbanger
Rookie

wallbanger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This past Sunday I watched Michel on the roadcourse at Mid-Ohio. While he wasn't able to move up with the leaders he was, nevertheless, holding down a points-paying positon masterfully until his antimatter machinery crapped-out. I'd say it was the best (most skillful) race of his career.

If Adrian starts his own team - of which there's talk - he would be crazy not to make it a well-sponsored all-Mexico deal. Jourdain is absolutely qualified to drop his butt into Adrian's seat upon the elder Mexican's retirement!
Old 18 Aug 2000, 14:00 (Ref:31249)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*gasps* adrian can't retire! what would mexico do without him

that's a really good thought. like what newman haas tried to do with the america thing, and also dan gurney's all american racers (who promptly went out an recruited an italian). i'm not sure how many mexican sponsors there are willing to pay that sort of money. of course, there's tecate (i know you boys like them), and herdez, but where are the rest? i guess they'll all come out of the woodwork when the monterrey race starts looming...
Old 18 Aug 2000, 14:00 (Ref:31250)   #9
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the coming of the mexican grand prix, we will see if adrian can start he´s own team. But the question is if he will have jourdain, or if he thinks into the future, a mex guy fom indyligths. But the real question is, if he makes his team, for how long will he stay driving?.
Old 18 Aug 2000, 18:50 (Ref:31278)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France

for as long as the boys in the white coats stay away....