Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Mar 2004, 14:02 (Ref:922066)   #1
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 Magazine

Does anyone know the web address for Bernies Formula 1 Magazine?

I've not seen it in the shops in a while, is it still going?
Old 28 Mar 2004, 14:16 (Ref:922076)   #2
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think it is www.formula1.com Why you would want to buy it is beyond me though it's filled with too many rich mans adverts and really inacurate editorials. Buy f1 Racing a little MS biast but more news than rumors.
Old 28 Mar 2004, 14:43 (Ref:922098)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
F1 Magazine is no more.

And has been for some time.
Old 28 Mar 2004, 14:56 (Ref:922107)   #4
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bought the Jan 2004 issue, that is the last one I have seen though.
Old 28 Mar 2004, 17:12 (Ref:922179)   #5
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, its out of business.

There was a thread here on the forum about it awhile ago.

Danica Patrick
Old 28 Mar 2004, 17:21 (Ref:922183)   #6
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clicked on link to suscribe and web page was unavailable so looks like it really is gone
Old 28 Mar 2004, 19:28 (Ref:922268)   #7
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 Magazine has closed and all the subscriptions have been transferred to F1 Racing. You have a choice of either staying with F1 Racing for the duration of your subscription period or requesting a refund.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 13:50 (Ref:922877)   #8
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep it's gone
A **** mag owned by someone not interested in giving the public what they wanted
Same as the actual races huh?
Old 29 Mar 2004, 14:00 (Ref:922883)   #9
mark_l
Veteran

England
What will Tamara Ecclestone do for a job now then?
Old 29 Mar 2004, 14:17 (Ref:922897)   #10
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I recall the first couple of Bernie's Rag issues weren't too bad........after that, well hrrmmm.

F1 Racing mag is going a tad downhill itself though, and has been for a while me thinks. I started getting it as a subscription present as of the beginning 1999: if it wasn't for the fact it costs me nothing, I am not convinced I would still be getting it. The rather high price takes the **** a bit, IMO.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 14:48 (Ref:922926)   #11
mark_l
Veteran

England
I dont buy F1 Racing as it is a bit too downmarket for my taste, too much Schumacher/Alonso/Renault rubbish.

I wanted a magazine that gave me more articles on the inside workings of F1, which F1 Magazine did quite well, as well as in depth articles on the technical aspects of the cars, although F1 Racing does this with the help of pretty (but fairly useless) pictures.

F1 Racing is too geared to the casual F1 fan, with lightweight articles of no great importance.

Maybe like Bernie Vision F1 Magazine will return in a few years.

Last edited by mark_l; 29 Mar 2004 at 14:50.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 15:48 (Ref:922975)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
F1 magazine started off really well. I loved the tech bits and the team by team race reports. Superb.

It had its downsides of course.....Jane Nottage is utterly talentless as a journalist and some of Tom Rubythons opinions were, shall we say, dubious (although I always enjoyed his column).

I could even put up with those cringeworthy pictures of Schumacher in issue 1 and the topless pics of Jacques on the cover of issue 2.

And then, about midway through 2003, someone came to the conclusion that we like looking at big pictures of midfield drivers in the latest fashions, standing in front of a crude, computer generated background. The racing side dissapeared into dust and the magazine started its short but, nevertheless, painful descent towards actually managing to look worse than F1 Racing.

I subscribe to F1 Racing but I hate it. Still, it's the only F1 magazine there is and I have to put up with it.......Autosport eases some of the pain though.

Bernie, if you really do think that we all watch the sport to look for the latest designer threads then you have made a minor misinterpretation my friend. Now, hand over the reigns and the wig to someone who thinks about the sporting side of things.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 16:26 (Ref:923021)   #13
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh dear, where will I get my fashion tips??????

Thankfully that wretched gossip rag for dilletantes is no more.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 16:44 (Ref:923040)   #14
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
F1 magazine started off really well. I loved the tech bits and the team by team race reports. Superb.

And then, about midway through 2003, someone came to the conclusion that we like looking at big pictures of midfield drivers in the latest fashions...

I subscribe to F1 Racing but I hate it. Still, it's the only F1 magazine there is and I have to put up with it.......Autosport eases some of the pain though.

Indeed, thus sums up my position also. The rest of your post too, but it seemed a tad pointless to paste the entire thing.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 17:33 (Ref:923093)   #15
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
The mag reminded me a bit of Jaguar Racing. Too much change.
I lost count the number of editors and revamps the magazine went through, and it never seemed to have a constant direction in what it wanted.
At times there were brilliant feature - especially at the beginning; and even at the end David Treymane remains a brilliant journalist with an excellent opinions IMHO. A great shame - but at least I've got every issue to make a nice collection...