Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Oct 2011, 06:51 (Ref:2971794)   #26
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Should Alonso be included in the investigation of the Petrov / Schumacher incidient?
Old 16 Oct 2011, 07:01 (Ref:2971795)   #27
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No because he didn't hit anything and just ran wide.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 07:29 (Ref:2971799)   #28
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but the fact he ran wide in the same way Petrov would've if TGF wasn't there, should put less blame on Petrov than you normally would.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 07:31 (Ref:2971801)   #29
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see that but they only punish if something does happen. Alonso didn't cause an "avoidable accident".
Old 16 Oct 2011, 08:00 (Ref:2971805)   #30
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another win by Vettel. A good race. Good battle with Webber and Hamilton. Not an interesting track, but I will admit it allows racing.

"Okay. I give up." no Alonso, that is what Felipe did a while ago! He was very fast, if he got by Massa earlier, he could of been right up there.

Nasty accident by Pertov and Schumi. Petrov will get a penalty for that.

Good drives from Alguesuari and Rosberg.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 10:11 (Ref:2971847)   #31
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he did get a pen, 5 place grid drop for next race for causing the safety car triggering crash(at the mo one handed due to dog on lap)
Old 16 Oct 2011, 10:14 (Ref:2971848)   #32
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
That last lap of Vettel's show how fast the Red Bull was - after them saying that were struggling! LH must have been driving his socks off to keep ahead of Webber.

The Macca certainly seems to improve as it's fuel load decreases, in comparison to the other cars, but ISTR that there was no heavy fuel load running so no-one had any idea how to set the cars up.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 12:03 (Ref:2971879)   #33
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah fairly good race. Hamilton did well to hold onto second and Seb only needed to go fast enough to keep a comfortable gap and with the fastest lap on the last lap, he showed that the RBs still had lots in hand. Congrats to Alguesuari with a brilliant 7th and Buemi 9th and of course another point for Di Resta.

It was a shame to see that the track was nowhere full and apparently only 80,000 spectators which is bad considering it is only the second Korean Grand Prix.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 12:28 (Ref:2971882)   #34
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post

Nasty accident by Pertov and Schumi. Petrov will get a penalty for that.
That would be absolutely stupid if he did get a penalty. He admitted it was his fault, and it was just a racing incident.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 12:35 (Ref:2971884)   #35
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post

It was a shame to see that the track was nowhere full and apparently only 80,000 spectators which is bad considering it is only the second Korean Grand Prix.
its very bad to see entire granstands empty, then again you look at the area surrounding the circuit, scrubland etc, tbh it makes the ribble estuary look glamorous. but hey as long as countries are still prepared to stand the bill to get a slice of bernies action then it doesnt matter. saying that the track isnt that bad, atleast there was a bit of overtaking.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 12:53 (Ref:2971888)   #36
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
That would be absolutely stupid if he did get a penalty. He admitted it was his fault, and it was just a racing incident.
I dunno. If I were him I would have been looking where I was going rather than at Alonso (who nearly splatted his own race as well). Apparently, its customary, when approaching a place where the hard tarmaccy thing changes direction, to attempt to slow the car enough such that it can follow the aforementioned tarmaccy thing in the new direction. Otherwise you may as well drive a dragster.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 13:25 (Ref:2971904)   #37
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
Ah fairly good race. Hamilton did well to hold onto second and Seb only needed to go fast enough to keep a comfortable gap and with the fastest lap on the last lap, he showed that the RBs still had lots in hand. Congrats to Alguesuari with a brilliant 7th and Buemi 9th and of course another point for Di Resta.

"only" 80.000 spectators?

the GP in Valencia had only 5000 more...
it's pretty average. of course, when you build grand stands that hold more spectators than traditionally popular GP's (Monza, Silverstone, ...) it's gonna look harshly empty. especially since there's no GP tradition to speak of in Korea.

maybe future F1-track-designers should spend more time on the layout than on the design of the paddock and the grandstands.

(also, weren't there plans to build some sort of city round the track and on part of the infield?)
Old 16 Oct 2011, 13:41 (Ref:2971917)   #38
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolddustMini View Post
its very bad to see entire granstands empty, then again you look at the area surrounding the circuit, scrubland etc, tbh it makes the ribble estuary look glamorous. but hey as long as countries are still prepared to stand the bill to get a slice of bernies action then it doesnt matter. saying that the track isnt that bad, atleast there was a bit of overtaking.
Yeah, it's not that bad, just a bit.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 14:14 (Ref:2971931)   #39
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
How can circuits like this get built to host one race per year? It makes no sense to me at all.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 16:48 (Ref:2971981)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
How can circuits like this get built to host one race per year? It makes no sense to me at all.
I agree and considering how many empty seats there were, they'll need to bus more people in next year.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 17:02 (Ref:2971987)   #41
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
On the one hand, if someone wants to put up the money to build a once-a-year venue, that's up to them. On the other hand, I'm have long since got fed up with Bernie's grab-the-cash approach to GP venues. Actually, I'm fed up with Bernie's grab-the-cash approach, full stop.

If there is ever a big shunt at the pit entry or exit, will Herman Tilke get a penalty for causing an avoidable accident?
Old 16 Oct 2011, 17:43 (Ref:2972006)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
On the one hand, if someone wants to put up the money to build a once-a-year venue, that's up to them. On the other hand, I'm have long since got fed up with Bernie's grab-the-cash approach to GP venues. Actually, I'm fed up with Bernie's grab-the-cash approach, full stop.
Sometimes it just seems that is the only reason for having a new GP in a country that doesn't have a motor-sports heritage and at the cost to European venues. You can join Bernie's exclusive club but at a price.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 17:51 (Ref:2972014)   #43
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I just finished watching the speed rebroadcast: apparently the circuit was locked up and not opened again until this weekend, does Korea not have any motorsports at local level? Also mentioned on the speed coverage, when the team reoccupied their areas this year they found that their refrigerators still contained last year's food items left behind. Er, yuck. But how much could it have cost to have pulled in a temporary crew to clean up after last year's race, and to prepare for this years? The cost surely would be far less then the impression created from not doing it!

With apparently no development of a Korean motorsports culture, this does not seem to be a long term track, and if the commitment to the track is lacking then I can't see building the city around it since it doesn't seem needed at the time.

But, what do I know.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 18:22 (Ref:2972031)   #44
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Yes I was astonished when I heard our lads on Speed talking about that, just shocking and very odd to be honest...
Old 16 Oct 2011, 18:27 (Ref:2972035)   #45
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post

If there is ever a big shunt at the pit entry or exit, will Herman Tilke get a penalty for causing an avoidable accident?
True it is their choice to spend this kind of money on facility contruction, but in the long run, it causes damage to the sport..

The pit exit is nothing more that stupid as it just puts the exciting car straight into the apex of that corner..
Old 16 Oct 2011, 18:29 (Ref:2972038)   #46
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Destined to go the way of Turkey. Another 'folly'.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 18:38 (Ref:2972046)   #47
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Sometimes it just seems that is the only reason for having a new GP in a country that doesn't have a motor-sports heritage and at the cost to European venues. You can join Bernie's exclusive club but at a price.
I understand going to new places, because it is a World Championship.. Some are working quite well Singapore a great success and the vibe is electric.. Abu Dhabi a stunning facility..Bahrain rather a good circuit don't you think..Sepang Malaysia.. I like this one, not sure why? I just do..
Old 16 Oct 2011, 18:43 (Ref:2972049)   #48
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
The Indian GP circuit is said to be something of a 'stunner', for a Tilke track. But it won't guarantee it a long life.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 19:00 (Ref:2972059)   #49
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
The Indian GP circuit is said to be something of a 'stunner', for a Tilke track. But it won't guarantee it a long life.
I have a good feeling about this one Scott..

I think Mr Tilke is a great architect, race track design ?

Last edited by JeremySmith; 16 Oct 2011 at 19:06.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 19:09 (Ref:2972063)   #50
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
I understand going to new places, because it is a World Championship.. Some are working quite well Singapore a great success and the vibe is electric.. Abu Dhabi a stunning facility..Bahrain rather a good circuit don't you think..Sepang Malaysia.. I like this one, not sure why? I just do..
Sepang's fairly popular among the drivers, I gather.