Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Nov 2014, 22:24 (Ref:3478008)   #26
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I was satisfied with Hamilton's championship. He fought Rosberg, he fought his demons, he bounced back from bad luck. That's a mark of memorable champion.

It wasn't one of those Vettel championships where he cantered off into the distance in a Neweymobile. Sure, Seb got his championship but the title struck a somewhat underwhelming note nevertheless - if only for me.

Hamilton's title was hard won on behalf of the driver. It was a tough title, well won.
The 2014 Mercedes was even more dominant than the RB ever was, with both cars finishing 1-2 as long as they didn't break down pretty much regardless of grid position. Hamilton had only Rosberg to beat which he did, but how that makes this WDC more valuable than the previous four is beyond me.
Old 23 Nov 2014, 22:39 (Ref:3478015)   #27
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Lewis - his record in F1 is sure worthy of the status "double World Champion"
Old 24 Nov 2014, 08:39 (Ref:3478127)   #28
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations Lewis, well fought all season so well deserved.
Old 24 Nov 2014, 10:32 (Ref:3478155)   #29
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
The 2014 Mercedes was even more dominant than the RB ever was, with both cars finishing 1-2 as long as they didn't break down pretty much regardless of grid position. Hamilton had only Rosberg to beat which he did, but how that makes this WDC more valuable than the previous four is beyond me.
Because it went down the last race? Which means that he had competition for the whole season, albeit only one other car (although Williams have been impressive this year, and kept Merc on their toes)
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 24 Nov 2014, 10:50 (Ref:3478160)   #30
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Well, it's possibly beyond you because I didn't say that Hamilton's championship is less valuable than Vettel's previous four.
Old 24 Nov 2014, 11:48 (Ref:3478174)   #31
doug911
Racer

United Kingdom
York
doug911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
To start with Webber never really bothered Vettel for four years ....which helps!
Old 24 Nov 2014, 14:08 (Ref:3478221)   #32
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
First job is to beat your teammate and LH did it within a team that actually allowed their two drivers to fight it out until the end. Not sure comparing this year to previous winners or car/driver/team combos works.

Congrats. Well fought championship, respect to both drivers, and look forward to see how they both come back next year.
Old 24 Nov 2014, 15:45 (Ref:3478252)   #33
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Lewis did a lot of maturing and growing this year through
all his trials and tribulations. He will be a fine 2 time champion.

Spent all year on the " anyone but Vettle" bandwagon. Next year
I would like to see him back on the winners step albeit a tall order.
Old 24 Nov 2014, 17:27 (Ref:3478274)   #34
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have always liked Hamilton as a never say die racer and he has delivered what I expected this year, the Autosport assessment is fair to my mind:

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/fe...884.1373558528

Congratulations Lewis
Old 24 Nov 2014, 17:57 (Ref:3478282)   #35
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Because it went down the last race? Which means that he had competition for the whole season, albeit only one other car (although Williams have been impressive this year, and kept Merc on their toes)
I see your point, but what if Hamilton had just been a lot better than Rosberg all year and secured the WDC with several races to spare. Wouldn't that have been even better as an achievement yet by your logic it would make the WDC less deserved?