Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Jul 2020, 17:56 (Ref:3991925)   #51
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Just wondering with the new clampdown on spectators at sport venues - eg Goodwood horse racing spectators being banned - how long we're going to get away with spectators (sorry, day visitors) beng allowed....eg for Festival Italia....
Having seen numerous articles about this subject in the last few days, I believe the events this weekend (snooker, cricket, horses) were pilots - limited numbers / facilities etc. I am sure that the events as and when they happen will be reviewed carefully just as MSV, BARC, etc will have been looking carefully at how the first MSV events went a few weekends back.

The dynamics of watching those pilot events are a little different to the wide open spaces of Thruxton or even Brands - and typically attract spectators in a more contracted area.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 12:49 (Ref:3992055)   #52
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Iain received this acknowledgement of his entry...
Old 1 Aug 2020, 17:01 (Ref:3992124)   #53
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I got one of those too. Horribly non pc. Bang on!
Old 3 Aug 2020, 20:48 (Ref:3992780)   #54
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VSCC Thruxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Powell View Post
I don't think it was a VSCC meeting, but the BARC used to put on The Brooklands Raceday which was all historic racing including vintage, veteran and even Edwardian cars, as well as big banger sportscars. Ted Williams, the ex hillclimber raced a big March, either a 707 or 717 there and I'm also pretty sure it was his first time going round instead of up.
Managed to have a look back through the Motorsport Archives and discovered that the VSCC held meetings at Thruxton from it's opening season in 1968 through to 1972 and once again for a final time in 1974.

I remember going to one of the Brooklands Trophy meetings in 1983. It featured an eclectic mix of races including a VSCC Handicap, a round of the Atlantic Computers Historic GT series and a round of the Marlboro British Formula Three championship. The Atlantic Computers race had a huge grid headed by John Foulston (McLaren M8F) and Mike Wheatley (BRM P154) while the Formula Three round saw the latest instalment of the season long Senna/Brundle battle.
Old 11 Aug 2020, 11:44 (Ref:3994740)   #55
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The weather is looking decidedly dodgy for the weekend, if Sunday's forecast is accurate there'll be plenty of action on track particularly at Church!
Old 11 Aug 2020, 12:29 (Ref:3994751)   #56
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed, been looking at that myself. Hey ho.
Old 11 Aug 2020, 12:31 (Ref:3994752)   #57
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New camera rain cover may make its debut. Hoping for more three wheeled antics from Peter ...
Old 11 Aug 2020, 15:09 (Ref:3994789)   #58
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone found an entry list online ?
Old 11 Aug 2020, 16:50 (Ref:3994802)   #59
poynter97
Rookie

United Kingdom
West Berks
poynter97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Anyone found an entry list online ?
MRL entries are available here

http://www.motorracinglegends.com/entries-and-results/

Last edited by poynter97; 11 Aug 2020 at 16:57.
Old 11 Aug 2020, 18:38 (Ref:3994821)   #60
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by poynter97 View Post
Many thanks
Old 12 Aug 2020, 13:20 (Ref:3994968)   #61
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Many thanks
Full list on BARC website now.
Old 12 Aug 2020, 14:36 (Ref:3994977)   #62
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...20-WEBSITE.pdf
If I've read that correctly all 3 SLR's are racing.
Old 12 Aug 2020, 19:20 (Ref:3995024)   #63
brands
Veteran

I think it's 2 of the SLRs that are running. Thruxton has a strange way of listing 2 driver cars as seperate entries but with the same car number.

Given this is my second motorsport event of the year, the last one being in February, I will enjoy everyone of the entries.
Old 12 Aug 2020, 19:47 (Ref:3995028)   #64
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
I think it's 2 of the SLRs that are running. Thruxton has a strange way of listing 2 driver cars as seperate entries but with the same car number.
Nos. 61, 29 & 64 I believe.The 3 original cars, I've only seen all 3 together on one previous occasion at Goodwood.
An umbrella might be handy!
Old 12 Aug 2020, 20:17 (Ref:3995036)   #65
brands
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Nos. 61, 29 & 64 I believe.The 3 original cars, I've only seen all 3 together on one previous occasion at Goodwood.
An umbrella might be handy!
My mistake.
I have seen the 3 once at one Silverstone Classic, lined up in the paddock.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 10:14 (Ref:3995116)   #66
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well, this is going to be interesting. Picked up the car yesterday and driving home the dashboard fualt system lit up. Continued but the gps failed, then a warning to check the 4wd system and the ABS, EPS etc. all lit up. This morning the lights are still there but it seems the gps is working again. Fingers crossed it's just a glitch in the sensors.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 11:06 (Ref:3995124)   #67
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peter, check your battery and charging circuit, as low voltage throws up a multitude of warning lights if you're not getting the right amount of volts.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 11:10 (Ref:3995126)   #68
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes I suspect (hope) it may be the trailer electrics. We discovered a glitch in the indicators yesterday. I'll unhitch it and go for fuel later.
Old 14 Aug 2020, 06:57 (Ref:3995324)   #69
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know if they'll be selling programmes tomorrow? Or is that some sort of biohazard?
Old 14 Aug 2020, 06:59 (Ref:3995325)   #70
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
As far as I know they are not printing programmes.
Old 14 Aug 2020, 07:01 (Ref:3995326)   #71
Belmondo
Racer

OK, thanks Peter. I'll print the timetable.
Old 14 Aug 2020, 07:08 (Ref:3995327)   #72
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Entry lists and timetable are on the BARC web site.
Old 14 Aug 2020, 07:12 (Ref:3995328)   #73
Belmondo
Racer

Mysterious lack of single seaters at this meeting.
Old 15 Aug 2020, 11:24 (Ref:3995511)   #74
brands
Veteran

Rain held off for qually and I took a few snaps. Will be camera free for the races.
It's good to be back at motorsport
Old 15 Aug 2020, 12:17 (Ref:3995524)   #75
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We had trouble free qualy in both cars . Jack a sears race at 14.20 then back to work . GTSCC race tomorrow . Caught up with Peter and Pat both looking extremely well . Not many spectators . Good to be back at Thruxton .