Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Mar 2004, 03:25 (Ref:920866)   #51
wblh
Rookie

wblh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon they should race Dixon in Bahrain. He knows the track just about as well as anyone
Old 27 Mar 2004, 03:31 (Ref:920868)   #52
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
One would suspect he wouldn't have even got to sit in the Williams without some form of contract being signed,reading between the lines of what all the parties have been saying,one would suspect the necessary signatures were on paper some time ago......Wiliams aint stooopid,this guy is good.
Old 27 Mar 2004, 09:06 (Ref:921024)   #53
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so.....tester or racer, Armco, what do you think?
Old 27 Mar 2004, 10:11 (Ref:921072)   #54
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Racer of course tanalised,I've seen heaps of drivers come and go,but this guy is the real deal,if Williams don't take him,I'm picking a team with red cars will grab him.
Old 27 Mar 2004, 10:33 (Ref:921087)   #55
wblh
Rookie

wblh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Then I course theres always the chance we are all being a little patriotic but damn those times were bloody good
Old 27 Mar 2004, 11:02 (Ref:921126)   #56
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very impressive times from Dixon. I have to admit that I didn't expect him to do so well, so quickly. Unless Ralf was one one of his 'off days' Scott did very well to get close to him. He could be ready tor ace in 2005 given a few more tests.
Old 27 Mar 2004, 11:51 (Ref:921158)   #57
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Of course we are being patriotic - having a Kiwi in F1 to beat the Aussie who is already there is just a magical idea!

I am of the belief that a Williams deal is already done, and I think the "go testing for a year first" clause got deleted at Paul Ricard!
Old 29 Mar 2004, 10:16 (Ref:922643)   #58
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I also think he's an ace, and also didn't expect him to get that close to the pace on a first run.

Haven't seen any quotes from FW or PH yet, but i'd imagine that their quite excited by how Scott went.

The whole set up of the test is very similar to the JV ones of 1995 and it was clear then that he was gonna race for them the following year. I'd be surprised (and a bit confused?)if Scott isn't in one of the FW27's next year.

Now we've got Scott coming, we need to get a team to give Hornish a run too, and quick, there ain't much between those two i don't reckon?

Come on Bernie put some pressure on Williams or Renault to hive Sam a run...Gordon isn't gonna bite so Sam's gotta be the American driver you need?
Old 30 Mar 2004, 12:59 (Ref:923930)   #59
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree that Sam should be given a run and am surprised that no teams have mentioned it...? Surely the power supply of Penske could help smooth out a run in an F1 machine...

Have there been any quotes from Williams re. Ricard?