Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What do you rate the Japanese Grand Prix as?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 2 7.69%
7 6 23.08%
6 5 19.23%
5 5 19.23%
4 3 11.54%
3 2 7.69%
2 1 3.85%
1 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Oct 2018, 07:30 (Ref:3855099)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Japanese Grand Prix 2018

What do you rate the Japanese Grand Prix as?
Old 7 Oct 2018, 08:52 (Ref:3855111)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
6. Plenty of incident and some good battles, with enough overtaking. Certainly worth getting up for
Old 7 Oct 2018, 10:48 (Ref:3855154)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pretty ordinary. Vettel threw it away, twice; Bottas proved that the Merc can't run in traffic but can outpower everything else; Lewis was majestic but untroubled; Danny Ric was very good; Max also very good; everyone else looked ordinary. There was nothing particularly special about this one. Again this was all about tyre management. Significantly slower than the qualifying speed/times.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3855177)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Gave it 5 as mid field action was good but front of field was not worth even 1
Old 7 Oct 2018, 13:02 (Ref:3855185)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
5. Two for Ricciardo's efforts, one for Lewis making it all look much too easy, one for Max for reminding Vettel that racing drivers don't have to jump out of his way (as many others seemed to today) and one for just being Suzuka. Other than that, I'm glad I recorded it and watched it at a sensible time.....
Old 7 Oct 2018, 13:26 (Ref:3855197)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7 for me.

no battle at the front, Vettee saw to that, but otherwise a fun race, lots of midfield and recovery ride passing, and a cool track.

the action at spoon curve alone was worth the price of admission imo.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 14:28 (Ref:3855228)   #7
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
But these cars have too much downforce and that means they can't overtake so you must have imagined that.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 14:29 (Ref:3855229)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There was actually a lot of overtaking - but the sad part is that most of it was under DRS....
Old 7 Oct 2018, 14:34 (Ref:3855231)   #9
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
I don't see why that's sad. All I ever hear is the fans want more overtaking. Numbers are what count, did you not see the crying when the numbers went down from 2016 to 2017? We gotta remember what's important here!

But seriously, DRS is an active aero solution to an aero problem that will always exist. The implementation may not be fully correct but the core principle is.
Old 7 Oct 2018, 20:40 (Ref:3855290)   #10
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
But seriously, DRS is an active aero solution to an aero problem that will always exist. The implementation may not be fully correct but the core principle is.
Same rules 'cept dump the DRS; mandate 3 tire choices...very hard slicks, intermediates, rains. 'Solves everything. I would still like to see good ol' gated manuals and clutches but that won't fly, I'm sure.
This would give the driving more of a share of the pie which should please.. The passing would still be about the same as whoever builds the best "mousetrap" each year (and the rest in order, as usual) will dominate as always (and deservedly so).

My usual 7.

jimclark
Old 7 Oct 2018, 21:10 (Ref:3855295)   #11
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
7. Boring for the winner, but plenty other other stuff happening.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 03:30 (Ref:3855331)   #12
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7, good action and a couple scuffles.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 08:49 (Ref:3855365)   #13
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
I don't see why that's sad. All I ever hear is the fans want more overtaking. Numbers are what count, did you not see the crying when the numbers went down from 2016 to 2017? We gotta remember what's important here!

Old 8 Oct 2018, 08:52 (Ref:3855366)   #14
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
7. The top 3 were mostly boring (once Verstappen had stopped playing bumper cars), but then, it's their job to make it look boring. Lots of action in the mid-field. Three good overtaking spots on every lap.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 17:00 (Ref:3855465)   #15
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Lots of overtaking on an iconic race track…8
Old 10 Oct 2018, 04:19 (Ref:3855825)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

No need to tell you why.

hey chilli