Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Aug 2003, 07:42 (Ref:676877)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Newbies

Thought it might be interesting to look at the comparison between the four new team mates this weekend.

So after an hour of free practice Mark is 1.1 secs ahead of Justin (Justin's first drive) and Jos is 3/10s up on Nikolas.

Impressive from Justin as he doesn't know the car or the track. But that's only my opinion. Does Nik know the track?
Old 1 Aug 2003, 07:54 (Ref:676882)   #2
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kiesa was in the F3000 race last year.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 08:34 (Ref:676905)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well there's a certain symmetry to this. After free practice:

Mark to Justin +.9 secs
Jos to Nikolas + .9 secs

Interesting.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 09:02 (Ref:676928)   #4
high contrast
Retired
Racer

high contrast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hockenheim 1st practice Wilson v Webber

Aussies will be delighted to know...Webber destroyed Wilson
in the first 2 hour practice session. Webber 1.16.8 Wilson 1.17.7 Ha ha ha so called super star thinks hes still in a Minardi!

Even my son used to slaughter Wilson in junior gokarts and I thought my son was rubbish!

Kiesa did a good job today only 8 tenths off of Verstappen...watch this space...

Last edited by high contrast; 1 Aug 2003 at 09:02.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 09:04 (Ref:676931)   #5
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Did your son ever become International Formula 3000 Champion?

No, thought not.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 09:04 (Ref:676932)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Er so you think that .9 secs is slaughtering between Mark and Justin but its not between Jos and Nik.

Maybe you should take a bit more water with whatever you're drinking.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 09:05 (Ref:676935)   #7
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
A fair showing by both Wilson and Kiesa, I'd say. Wilson will get faster as the weekend goes on, but frankly he's already closer to Webber than Pizzonia was some weekends. As for Kiesa, he's not doing too badly in his first ever F1 drive. I wouldn't have picked him out of the current F3000 boys as a future GP driver, but good luck to him.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 09:08 (Ref:676939)   #8
Attila
Racer

Attila should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that Justin was awsome for a first test. He did not know the car the tires and nothing and was only .9 off the pace. He is already faster than Pizzaboy was. I am surprised, he needs less time than I thought.
Also, did you see that the young Hungarian paydriver Zsolt Baumgartner was only 2 s off the pace from Fisichella? I consider that very good given Zsolt's very very limited experience with an F1 car. What is your thought on that?

Cheers,
Old 1 Aug 2003, 09:11 (Ref:676944)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Let me get this straight - going by the figures you've given here Justins is .9 behind mark and is being 'destroyed' and Kiesa is .8 behind Jos and is doing 'a good job' - are you sure about that?. Nice touch of consistency there.

Personally I'd have said it was a good effort by both of them but there you go.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 09:11 (Ref:676945)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Might be better to discuss this here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=41732
Old 1 Aug 2003, 09:13 (Ref:676947)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Destoyed? Can yui destroy someone in first practice? What was each driver testing. Long runs? Low fuel? Tyre compounds? etc....

Also, first proper test and at Hockenheim for the first time.

It's a bit earlier. Surely not even the most blind Webber fan would think that being less than a second ahead of his new team mate was remarkable.

I expected the gap to be bigger, frankly, and possible reduce over the weekend to something perhaps a little less than that, but not much.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 09:15 (Ref:676948)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Might be better to discuss this here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=41732
hey good idea, thread's merged.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 09:27 (Ref:676954)   #13
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Attila
Did you see that the young Hungarian paydriver Zsolt Baumgartner was only 2 s off the pace from Fisichella? I consider that very good given Zsolt's very very limited experience with an F1 car. What is your thought on that?

I suppose that's not too bad for Baumgartner. He hasn't really shown much form in F3000, has he? But then, some people don't. Perhaps he just needs a different forum in which to shine.

By the way, has anyone else thought it odd that Eddie Jordan picked an F3000 driver who sin't driving for the Jordan Junior Team?
Old 1 Aug 2003, 09:30 (Ref:676955)   #14
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a bit early in the weekend for comparison's as no one knows what settings each driver was using.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 09:32 (Ref:676957)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well at the halfway mark Mark is really slughtering Justin by er........... .5 secs!
Old 1 Aug 2003, 09:33 (Ref:676958)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by jetsetter
It's a bit early in the weekend for comparison's as no one knows what settings each driver was using.
Agreed but it is interesting to watch.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 09:37 (Ref:676962)   #17
Attila
Racer

Attila should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BSchneiderFan actually Zsolt is a paydriver that is why Jordan took him. Taking the fact of his status and his performance in previous cathegories (except F-Renault where he was very good) I think he did better than expected today. He is clearly faster than Yoong was :-)). So he is not a disgrace to my country. :-).

Cheers,
Old 1 Aug 2003, 09:49 (Ref:676975)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well 10 mins to go and the gap between Mark and Justin is around .6 secs. An improvement but they're 7th and 14th. Nik is .2 secs behind Jos.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 10:00 (Ref:676985)   #19
bradenc
Racer

United Kingdom
cambridgeshire
bradenc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wilson is now faster by about .4!

Thats my boy!
Old 1 Aug 2003, 10:00 (Ref:676987)   #20
bradenc
Racer

United Kingdom
cambridgeshire
bradenc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doh, now weber is faster
Old 1 Aug 2003, 10:07 (Ref:676993)   #21
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber's finished the session approx .8 of a second quicker than Wilson but Jaguar would be pleased to have their cars in 4th & 9th after that session.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 10:14 (Ref:676998)   #22
high contrast
Retired
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
Did your son ever become International Formula 3000 Champion?

No, thought not.
Not in F3000 but yes! in other International formulas.

Last edited by high contrast; 1 Aug 2003 at 10:17.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 10:22 (Ref:677006)   #23
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
0.9 seconds is pretty respectable considering that he's barely driven in the car,a dn didn't know the track.

How far back was Kiesa ultimately? His position is opposite - he knows the track but has done virtually no testin gin any kid of F1 car.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 10:25 (Ref:677009)   #24
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well if you've got so much experience of racing you should realise the tall order facing Wilson and the excellent job he's done to be with 3/4 sec in the first two sessions. He has no previous experience of the circuit, the car or the tyres - he's also up against one of the toughest team-mates, and everone is watching. You ought also to realise that it might be good idea not to say to much too soon, cos you're going to look pretty dumb if Wilson carries on improving!
Old 1 Aug 2003, 10:39 (Ref:677016)   #25
high contrast
Retired
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Er so you think that .9 secs is slaughtering between Mark and Justin but its not between Jos and Nik.

Maybe you should take a bit more water with whatever you're drinking.
I said destroyed not slaughtered actually...do pay attention.

It was a direct quote to me from an F1 driver there actually, I just passed it on, adding my own comment to wind you up.

As an ex team manager I'm more used to judging drivers in 100's and a few tenths at worst, not almost a minute! Dream on you believers of press hype!

Last edited by high contrast; 1 Aug 2003 at 10:40.