Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 14 Oct 2007, 14:48 (Ref:2039907)   #26
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I was watching on telly, but with 14 minute delay! Double well done to NZ.

Great racing thoughout. Very impressed by Adam Carroll. Bet he wins races soon.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 14:54 (Ref:2039910)   #27
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes agree strider, I thought Adam did well to. Wont be long before he is standing on the top step
Old 14 Oct 2007, 15:07 (Ref:2039919)   #28
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And you were..spot on..about the circuit there Strider, that was good stuff.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 21:14 (Ref:2040291)   #29
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry chaps, it's on past my bed time.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 05:19 (Ref:2040446)   #30
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No commitment Hazza.

I woke up at 2.00am and went back to bed at 4.30am
Old 15 Oct 2007, 08:43 (Ref:2040512)   #31
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
.....Yes,NZ finally win at something that doesn't involve sheep....
Old 15 Oct 2007, 11:58 (Ref:2040638)   #32
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Pretty decent couple of races there I thought.

Carroll was excellent fighting through the field - top value.

Good dust up between Kerr and Zaugg in the second race although Robbie's jinx started again with that cut tyre!!

Cheng also strong (is he better than Tung?)

Overall top stuff in both races from Reid - surely he must get a chance in WSR or GP2 next season?
Old 15 Oct 2007, 15:36 (Ref:2040820)   #33
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched it 24 hours delayed - no thanks to Star Sports!

Great racing as usual from A1GP. fine days work by NZL, CHN and IRE. I wonder why South Africa struggled so much.

Looks like the championship will be fought out between New Zealand, Britain, Ireland and South Africa this season, with Switzerland and the Netherlands lurking in the background. Hopefully a four way battle until the end!

Bummer we now have to wait six weeks...
Old 15 Oct 2007, 20:46 (Ref:2041104)   #34
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone know what teams run which cars? im interested to find out who does what. i know super nova do new zealand and germany for example.

anyway good races yesterday. a1gp has improved since its early days of crash fests!!!

obviously im irish so it was nice to see us do well for once. great performances in both races from ireland and obviously new zealand.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 21:23 (Ref:2041128)   #35
dave not neil
Racer

England
dave not neil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New zealand, germany, brazil and lebanon are all supernova.

Dams runs france, south africa and switzerland.

Astromega run China.

Status GP runs Ireland and Canada.

Edenbridge run USA and malaysia.

not sure on the rest
Old 16 Oct 2007, 01:55 (Ref:2041242)   #36
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There were a lot of crashes in the first session of A1GP but mainly because Jos Verstappen was involved then...

GBR is a dedicated A1GP team. There was a thread a while ago listing who runs what.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 11:08 (Ref:2041579)   #37
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
John Surtees no longer involved though? Dunno. And not sure the date on that thread. Where's a Brit when you need one?
Old 16 Oct 2007, 12:44 (Ref:2041701)   #38
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My understanding is that GBR is still independent and being run by Paul Bellringer underneath the Clements clan.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 13:37 (Ref:2041744)   #39
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
OK mods whats up with the predictions comp.

I would have posted this in the prediction thread but it is closed.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 22:31 (Ref:2042266)   #40
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
OK mods whats up with the predictions comp.
Don't look at me, Hazza's running it this week. You're closer to him than me, pop over the water and poke him until it's done
Old 17 Oct 2007, 10:28 (Ref:2042509)   #41
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
What the...it's another 6 weeks until the next race, Malaysia Nov 25th. Um, how's that working for ya fellas, wow. See also Champcar threads.

NAC, don't they usually close the Prediction threads shortly after a race weekend, usually?

EDIT: Hazza's busy watching his Bosox go down 3-1 to the Tribe.

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 17 Oct 2007 at 10:38.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 21:03 (Ref:2043093)   #42
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
John Surtees no longer involved though? Dunno. And not sure the date on that thread. Where's a Brit when you need one?
You called? You're right, John Surtees is no longer involved and the engineer they had last season - James Robinson - is now with Team Switzerland.

The seat holder, Tony Clements, and his daughter seem to be more actively involved. Also, they've forged a link of some kind with Team Portugal, who really need to get Alvaro Parente back in the car when his WSR duties are done. I'm hoping he'll win that!
Old 17 Oct 2007, 21:18 (Ref:2043109)   #43
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
NAC, don't they usually close the Prediction threads shortly after a race weekend, usually?

Yea but I was talking about reopening it for the results. Hazza must of thought he had plenty of time before the next race

No actually he replied to my MP said they will be up within 24 hours
Old 17 Oct 2007, 23:12 (Ref:2043202)   #44
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
No actually he replied to my MP said they will be up within 24 hours
You got your MP to contact him? Man, that's serious, dude!
Old 18 Oct 2007, 04:20 (Ref:2043284)   #45
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I have faith Boston will take Cleveland to game 7.

Against my better judgement I have signed up to pay TV and am enjoying the A1GP (and NASCAR) coverage immensely. The Brno was great. Let’s hope there is more to come.
Old 18 Oct 2007, 10:51 (Ref:2043429)   #46
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
You got your MP to contact him? Man, that's serious, dude!
yea but even that arnt waking up the Hazz
Old 23 Oct 2007, 01:32 (Ref:2048572)   #47
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Everybody knows Boston won the AL pennant last night and handily, coming-back down 3-1 in the series? But just in case you didn't...I got that outta the way.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 16:23 (Ref:2052732)   #48
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Nothing happening in A1 at the moment. Could someone please turn out the lights
Old 31 Oct 2007, 06:31 (Ref:2055574)   #49
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Interview with Jonny Reid on TVNZ which is weard in itself considering that TV3 is one of the sponsors

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/video_popup_w...bandwidth=128k

If that dosnt get you in try
www.tvnz.co.nz and go to motorsport

Hope that still works the other side of the world. Enjoy
Old 2 Nov 2007, 09:55 (Ref:2057561)   #50
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
Nothing happening in A1 at the moment. Could someone please turn out the lights
Yeah, and crikey, for some of us that's all we got. Like a Just for Laughs episode on CBC, it's over...