Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Jun 2000, 00:51 (Ref:2766)   #26
SoichiroHonda
Rookie

SoichiroHonda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Thanx TimD, it looks to me like you also understand. Right on dude.
Old 2 Jun 2000, 07:10 (Ref:2767)   #27
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't mean to slag off anyone's car - which I didn't, but I merely made the point that I'd rather go racing than have modified family saloon.. If you want to feel proud about something, why not build something like a kit car for not much money - and twice the performance!! That's all....

BTCC is totally dead.. DTM is run by the likes of BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc, can't wait to see which large British car company starts building BTCC cars... come on Reliant (where are you).. All the other series that you've mentioned have been around for years and rather isolated... and now in europe the SP rules are the up and coming ones.

Us Brits should build what they're good at, GT cars - and proved by the fact that there are 38 entires for Brands this weekend - and on the GP circuit..(why I'm I not going??)

I would never go to another BTCC event (I only went to Brands (to marshal) due to it being held on the GP circuit and Grand Prix cars also being run), in fact I snubbed the round at Thruxton - 15 miles down the road!!!
Old 2 Jun 2000, 07:11 (Ref:2768)   #28
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry about 2 replies - I'll blame this computer...
Old 2 Jun 2000, 18:24 (Ref:2769)   #29
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No worries Dan I've removed one of them

Nice to see you here Mr Honda, you're very welcome.....

Although I agree that the BTCC is a shadow of its former self this year I still loyally support it, because I love seeing the Super Tourers dicing and swapping paint. There is without doubt some exciting racing in the SP classes, but they don't somehow light my fire in the same way.

Full grids of fire breathing ST's thats what I want!!!!
Old 2 Jun 2000, 20:32 (Ref:2770)   #30
SoichiroHonda
Rookie

SoichiroHonda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Thanx RIKB!

A kit car? Who needs the hassle? I don't know what kit cars go for in Britain, but over here, there nowhere near cheap, unless you want a cheezy one. A decent kit cost anywhere from 6K - 10K, not counting the donor car, all the finishing expences like misc. parts, painting, tires, wheels etc. And then there's the labor in the event that you're not a relatively experienced mechanic and fiberglass man, the price of which can quickly go through the roof. I've seen new, turn-key kit cars going for around 30 grand. At that price range, you're approaching BMW 3 series, Audi A4 and Honda S2000 territory. For well under 6 grand, I can drop a Integra Type-R engine into my Civic and be pushing 200hp. With a couple of tweeks, I'd be over that. Now in a car that's just a little over 2000 lbs and can be made lighter, I'd say that adds up to great fun.

RIKB, I totally agree with u about the firebreathing ST cars! SP cars don't do it for me either. They're similar to the Speedvision Touring series, which from what I've seen of it, has good racing. However, I just cannot watch it for longer than 10 minutes. It has passing, crashing, the whole bit, yet still I can't watch it for long. Speaking of firebreathers, are you familiar with the JGTC? We're talking 500+ hp Nissan Skylines, Toyota Supras and Honda NSX's in some decent action. TV coverage is non-existant on this side of the ocean, but I've found a Japanese video store that rents videos with JGTC footage, it's pretty good stuff. The look of the cars is awesome. They're reminiscent of both the old and new DTM's. Not only do they look cool, but the pack the goods under the hood too. I recall one of the Honda NSX's qualifying ahead of the dominating Oreca Vipers when the FIA-GT went to Suzuka in the 98 season.
*waves Honda flag*
Old 2 Jun 2000, 20:35 (Ref:2771)   #31
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I love seeing the Super Tourers dicing and swapping paint<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> - Rik, have you been watching different races to the ones I've been watching this season
Old 2 Jun 2000, 20:48 (Ref:2772)   #32
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only drivers who trade paint are Muller (with everyone) and Neal (either with Kristensen or the armco ) What would we do without Muller ?
Old 3 Jun 2000, 00:12 (Ref:2773)   #33
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIKB wrote:

&gt;Although I agree that the BTCC is a shadow
&gt;of its former self this year I still &gt;loyally support it,
&gt;
AMEN!!! Now that is a TRUE ST fan talking!!

&gt;because I love seeing the Super Tourers &gt;dicing and swapping paint.
&gt;
There should be a lot more this year since the cars, at least Ford and Honda, are closer together?

&gt;There is without doubt some exciting racing &gt;in the SP classes, but they don't somehow &gt;light my fire in the same way.
&gt;
AMEN!! The wings man!! It the wings that do it for me!!

Full grids of fire breathing ST's thats what I want!!!!
Old 3 Jun 2000, 14:24 (Ref:2774)   #34
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Are you totally stupid ? The reason that the cars are not running as closely as they always used to is those same damn poxy wings! Get rid of them, and the cars will be able to run close like they always used to.

Remember the early days of the TOCA engineered BTCC ? What is the main difference between then and now ? Apart from the quality of the hostility tents, it's basically the wings. BAN THE BLOODY THINGS!