Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 26 Nov 2011, 14:29 (Ref:2991594)   #76
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
Thought this may be of interest. In car from Ferrari 430GT2 at Zhuhai a couple of weeks ago. Check out the Audi spin right in front of me at about 1m30sec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vuFcM7zp5A

Also shows how much of a sprint race these modern endurance events are. 6 Hours like that.

Looking forward to more historics in 2012!
Enjoyed that Rog reminds me of my Radical days with the stick shift.Do you have to use the clutch?.
Old 26 Nov 2011, 14:41 (Ref:2991599)   #77
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Enjoyed that Rog reminds me of my Radical days with the stick shift.Do you have to use the clutch?.
Only on the way down. Flat shift on the way up.
Old 26 Nov 2011, 14:47 (Ref:2991603)   #78
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
Thought this may be of interest. In car from Ferrari 430GT2 at Zhuhai a couple of weeks ago. Check out the Audi spin right in front of me at about 1m30sec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vuFcM7zp5A

Also shows how much of a sprint race these modern endurance events are. 6 Hours like that.

Looking forward to more historics in 2012!
What a wonderful sounding engine!
Old 26 Nov 2011, 18:06 (Ref:2991652)   #79
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Guess what,just had two more "tweeks" catalogs in the post today.
You've obviously got at least one that should have come to me- I aint had none yet........
Old 26 Nov 2011, 19:37 (Ref:2991682)   #80
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
You've obviously got at least one that should have come to me- I aint had none yet........
Its your new address Mike. Perhaps there is four at your old address by now!

I have had mine , although this place is good for deliveries. I have ordered stuff from London at 4.30 pm and it has been here at 7.30 a.m. the next morning!
Old 27 Nov 2011, 00:04 (Ref:2991754)   #81
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
got mine early this week as well . . .makes me laugh when you see all the stuff listed as 'classic' or 'historic' available in brown . . .and they charge twice as much . . . . a recurring theme there
Old 27 Nov 2011, 06:18 (Ref:2991821)   #82
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
got mine early this week as well . . .makes me laugh when you see all the stuff listed as 'classic' or 'historic' available in brown . . .and they charge twice as much . . . . a recurring theme there
Ignore those prices anyway they bare little resemblance to what they charge on the day and don't forget we've got a wrecked Etype to pay for this year

Last edited by Tim Falce; 27 Nov 2011 at 06:41.
Old 27 Nov 2011, 11:50 (Ref:2991899)   #83
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi John,

Join the club.

I have been receiving it for a while now ...

This getting older does have it's advantages, you know ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post

Having only just retired and never having to take an interest such things (I'm probably in 'denial' about getting old(er) ), I knew nothing about this WHA milarky.
Thanks guys. Just filled in the form, although I don't see why I need to send a copy of my Birth Certificate as surely the DWP already know how old I am ?
I shall put some of the money towards the cost of the 10/10ths Festive Fry Up at the Ace Cafe.
Are there any other 'old peoples hand outs' that I'm missing out on?
Old 27 Nov 2011, 12:04 (Ref:2991902)   #84
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Iain camera Nov 2011 749.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	299.8 KB
ID:	35863
Very enjoyable evening last night at HSCC awards.We "Delta Motor Sport and Compte won the best prepared FJ car 2011 .Compte is in France so I collected the pot for him, but rather than post a pic of me, here is the trophy with a very atractive and charming young lady I had the pleasure of sitting next to throught out the dinner.
She also gave me her boyfriends spare pudding.
Old 27 Nov 2011, 12:51 (Ref:2991917)   #85
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congratulations on the prize; and the seating arrangements.
Old 27 Nov 2011, 18:01 (Ref:2992016)   #86
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Attachment 35863
Hmm ....

Is that code for something?

Old 27 Nov 2011, 18:23 (Ref:2992033)   #87
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Which begs the question Al - were you starting to feel more at home when they arrived?

(Sorry, sorry but someone was bound to say it!)
Yes! Mind you none of those drove Daytona! Although there was plenty of white hair amoungst the Historic race drivers.
Old 27 Nov 2011, 18:23 (Ref:2992034)   #88
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Why did he get two puddings anyway?
Old 28 Nov 2011, 06:26 (Ref:2992293)   #89
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Hmm ....

Is that code for something?

Yes,just that the boy friend is on a diet.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 09:30 (Ref:2992329)   #90
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Very enjoyable evening last night at HSCC awards.We "Delta Motor Sport and Compte won the best prepared FJ car 2011 .
And to think you tell me you 'don't do Christmas trees' and there you go winning Concours Awards...!

Typically at the HSCC Dinner they hand out provisional calendar for the following season ... did they do that this time? Would love to see the dates, even if still subject to potential changes ...
Old 28 Nov 2011, 11:09 (Ref:2992369)   #91
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'd like to see some dats too . . .got gigs coming in thick and fast for next year and I know there's going to be clashes
Old 28 Nov 2011, 11:38 (Ref:2992379)   #92
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Attachment 35863
Very enjoyable evening last night at HSCC awards.We "Delta Motor Sport and Compte won the best prepared FJ car 2011 .Compte is in France so I collected the pot for him, but rather than post a pic of me, here is the trophy with a very atractive and charming young lady I had the pleasure of sitting next to throught out the dinner.
Well done Iain. That is the first time that I have seen the prize. Great handles on it.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 12:40 (Ref:2992400)   #93
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I used to work with a bugger lugged bloke affectionately known as wingnut!

if its a good cup Compte it'll hold a Petrus
Old 28 Nov 2011, 12:47 (Ref:2992402)   #94
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Well done Iain. That is the first time that I have seen the prize. Great handles on it.
I thought that was an ungentlemanly reference to Iain's dining companion!
Old 28 Nov 2011, 16:56 (Ref:2992514)   #95
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just bought this as a Christmas present,cant think who to send it to though???

Last edited by terence; 2 Jul 2012 at 12:26.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 16:59 (Ref:2992516)   #96
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
When do I get it?
Old 28 Nov 2011, 17:04 (Ref:2992518)   #97
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Oi It's mine
Old 28 Nov 2011, 17:35 (Ref:2992529)   #98
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I am more worried that Tel is actualy buying someone a Christmas prezzy Stand by for a phone call tomorrow
Old 28 Nov 2011, 17:43 (Ref:2992536)   #99
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I used to work with a bugger lugged bloke affectionately known as wingnut!

if its a good cup Compte it'll hold a Petrus
Petrus! I am not a septuagenarian multi-millionaire midget.
Old 28 Nov 2011, 17:53 (Ref:2992541)   #100
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You're OK, he's octagenarian.