Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 5 Oct 2004, 16:58 (Ref:1116128)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mallory Park 10th October

I've got myself an entry. My plane is due to land at Heathrow on Saturday night so who's going to be there?
Old 6 Oct 2004, 13:03 (Ref:1116896)   #2
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Peter.
I am entered in the GTA Challenge in my Lancia Fulvia Sport providing I have managed to run its engine in! Also, for some reason Julius has entered me in the Sebring Salute too but I am sure I only entered one race!

I think the 70's saloons are out with us Italian cars - in which case please wave as you go past!
Louise K.
Old 6 Oct 2004, 13:29 (Ref:1116924)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hi Louise. Same as at Spa then.
Old 6 Oct 2004, 20:00 (Ref:1117314)   #4
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trust the pedal has been replaced/repaired.

Enjoy.
Old 6 Oct 2004, 20:33 (Ref:1117340)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Welded apparently. And I'm told the destruct mode is in anthere part of the car. So I'll have to qualify ahead of Ken this time.

Thanks matey.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 14:14 (Ref:1121084)   #6
SNH
Racer

England
Staffordshire, England
SNH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
an excellent days racing! I was lucky enough to watch the action.
Be good if there were some more 70s Saloons & GTAs out there. Think I will roll the Capri out & join next year. Any one else interested?
Old 13 Oct 2004, 20:04 (Ref:1123614)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thoroughly enjoyed it. Shame our race was foreshortened but a "podium" is not too tardy.

Hopefully we'll be allowed out to play again next season.

Got talking to a chap who runs a Gp1 Alfa GTV(?) as prepared by the works for Jon Dooley.

There is a bit of a gripe from the "purists" about allowing the 70's saloons in with the GTA's but I found all of the competitors I spoke to to be friendly and what's more polite when overtaking or vice versa.

A good meeting, haven't felt so welcome for years, and we all received a book with the inscription "to a valued competitor". What more can you ask?
Old 14 Oct 2004, 10:05 (Ref:1124075)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by LAK
Hi Peter.
I am entered in the GTA Challenge in my Lancia Fulvia Sport providing I have managed to run its engine in! Also, for some reason Julius has entered me in the Sebring Salute too but I am sure I only entered one race!
Hi Louise,

I came looking for you after practice but everything was locked up. Then you disappeared. What happened?
Old 14 Oct 2004, 11:20 (Ref:1124171)   #9
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Peter. Sorry for not getting to say goodbye to you. I saw the start of the race before we disappeared and it looked like you were having a good battle.

The GTA practice went well for us even if we were a few seconds off our best - needed to bed the car in and me after racing the Beta and TVR all season. We then went out for the Spirit of Sebring practice and was having a great time being lapped by the GT40, Chevrons, Mustangs etc when the head gasket went (again). End of game. That's four attempts to make it on the grid and four failures! Hopefully the car will be ready for the HSCC Silverstone finale on Saturday but I won't hold my breath.

What are your plans for next year?
LAK
Old 14 Oct 2004, 11:32 (Ref:1124185)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Sorry to hear that. you made it out at spa of course so it can't be an inherent fault. Maybe gasket manufacture?

My plans?

Well if I'm still in Ankara I'm going to try to do a deal for long weekends then perhaps run in the 70s saloons with Top Hat. If not it'll be just what I can do and when.

Actually my race was looking quite good. I suffered understeer for the first 10 minutes so went up to 4th then back to 5th. The understeer went as the fuel burnt away and I was getting back up to speed when the reds came on so I lined up 5th again. Got a great start from there and almost got to second but backed off when the red lights came on again (erroneously) so settled for third.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 11:38 (Ref:1124193)   #11
LAK
Racer

Yes, Peter you are right we did make it out at Spa but that was in the Beta and then that failed with a head gasket!

It is my Fulvia that hasn't got out at all this year despite lots of trying (two lots of spun bearings and two lots of head gaskets). We aren't having a lot of luck this year with engines (in particular).

By the looks of it there are going to be a few more UK Top Hat events next year (the 2005 provisional calendar was in the race book) so not how that suits you but looks good for us. We'll aim to bring out the TVR in the Cloth Cap race.
LAK
Old 14 Oct 2004, 14:09 (Ref:1124305)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by LAK
Yes, Peter you are right we did make it out at Spa but that was in the Beta and then that failed with a head gasket!
Oops.

Quote:
Originally posted by LAK
It is my Fulvia that hasn't got out at all this year despite lots of trying (two lots of spun bearings and two lots of head gaskets). We aren't having a lot of luck this year with engines (in particular).
Well if you will race these forrin cars!

Quote:
Originally posted by LAK
By the looks of it there are going to be a few more UK Top Hat events next year (the 2005 provisional calendar was in the race book) so not how that suits you but looks good for us. We'll aim to bring out the TVR in the Cloth Cap race.
LAK
Could you post the provisional calendar because I don't have it here in Ankara.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 16:08 (Ref:1124405)   #13
LAK
Racer

I'll try to remember to bring it in tomorrow.
KR
LAK
Old 14 Oct 2004, 20:23 (Ref:1124696)   #14
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peter, so sorry I wasn't there to beat you over the head with the broomstick, but my mother in law had just died and it seemed somehow inappropriate to go.

However, I understand my "second in command" came and had a word with you on my behalf!

Hope to see you out somewhere next season.

Sheila

Old 14 Oct 2004, 20:42 (Ref:1124713)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Sheila M
Peter, so sorry I wasn't there to beat you over the head with the broomstick, but my mother in law had just died and it seemed somehow inappropriate to go.

However, I understand my "second in command" came and had a word with you on my behalf!

Hope to see you out somewhere next season.

Sheila

Sheila,

I fully understand and my condolences. (On a serious note I hope we meet in better circumstances) Your understudy was brilliant!

You really don't want to meet me. Ask your start line marshals !
Old 14 Oct 2004, 20:45 (Ref:1124719)   #16
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Sheila,

Your understudy was brilliant!

You really don't want to meet me. Ask your start line marshals !
Of course my understudy was brilliant! I helped to teach her!

Hmmm. As I don't know who the startline marshals were for this meeting, would you like to tell me exactly what it was you might possibly have done wrong??

Old 14 Oct 2004, 20:47 (Ref:1124720)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 20:49 (Ref:1124721)   #18
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Hmmm! OK so you wouldn't LIKE to tell me but you are going to aren't you!

Old 15 Oct 2004, 05:47 (Ref:1124939)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Old 15 Oct 2004, 20:42 (Ref:1125551)   #20
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Go on, then! Do tell!

I promise not to laugh (much) and I won't tell anyone else either!

Old 16 Oct 2004, 20:30 (Ref:1126179)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Nay, nay thrice nay, missus.
Old 16 Oct 2004, 20:53 (Ref:1126187)   #22
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
I have ways of finding out and when I do ...

Be afraid, be very afraid