Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 2 Jan 2016, 18:59 (Ref:3601632)   #301
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosAmbroseFan View Post
Oh sorry I was talking about this year as both events [Premier Motorsport NZ Grand Final at Pukekohe & Phillip Island Super Sprint] have a date clash on the 15-17 April 2016 weekend. As some of the top NZTC drivers might not be able to race that weekend, will that hurt the NZTC series?

I know at least three drivers in NZTC who are in the top 5 in the NZTC class one points probably wont be racing at Pukekohe as Bargs is the V8SC DSO as he will be needed at Phillip Island and Evans and Fullwood are likely to race in the Dunlop Series as that series is racing at Phillip Island that weekend too.

Bargwanna may have an issue, however if he has a good chance of winning the combined Championship at Puke, he could decide to have a weekend off in Australia, there are a number of other people that could do the same job, including Thomas Mezera.

I doubt very much that Simon Evans will be doing the Dunlop Series this year, more likely Porsche or GT racing.

Fullwood is not going South anyway and probably has run his last race in New Zealand.

So in my opinion and as a representative member of SOG's I don't believe the date clash will be an issue, because at the end of the day, sadly its no longer about bums on seat's, its about good fields, and good racing the will rate well on TV, that pays the bills.
Old 4 Jan 2016, 18:20 (Ref:3602033)   #302
EVORACER11
Rookie

EVORACER11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MP - will Heimgartner race his old ST if fullwood is not coming south?
Or will they just not put anyone in the car?
3 ST not coming south, that's concerning for ST numbers.. Moore, Baird and Fullwood... Would love to see Moore finish the series though
Old 5 Jan 2016, 02:56 (Ref:3602141)   #303
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVORACER11 View Post
MP - will Heimgartner race his old ST if fullwood is not coming south?
Or will they just not put anyone in the car?
3 ST not coming south, that's concerning for ST numbers.. Moore, Baird and Fullwood... Would love to see Moore finish the series though
Hi Evo,

I understand Andre will be running his car down South.

TKR have withdrawn their entry for the leased AV8 car.

Moor is unlikely to go South.

Unless there are any late changes it looks like the following are going South.

Evans
Edgell
Cuningham
Fogg
Heimgartner
Bell
Old 6 Jan 2016, 08:13 (Ref:3602440)   #304
EVORACER11
Rookie

Great!! Will be good to see Heimgartner in the ST again, will definitely head out to pukekohe to watch him when they go back there,
Yes have herd TKR withdrawal both cars.
Good list of ST, Evans has such a good set up! Blew my mind when I seen the set up in pit lane, great bunch of guys too!

Do you think this might be the last year they run the TL class with the ST and TLX? Will it become more of a "learning" class?
Old 6 Jan 2016, 21:44 (Ref:3602628)   #305
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi Evo,

I understand Andre will be running his car down South.

TKR have withdrawn their entry for the leased AV8 car.

Moor is unlikely to go South.

Unless there are any late changes it looks like the following are going South.

Evans
Edgell
Cuningham
Fogg
Heimgartner
Bell
What about Blair McDonald?
Old 6 Jan 2016, 23:30 (Ref:3602652)   #306
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Great!! Will be good to see Heimgartner in the ST again, will definitely head out to pukekohe to watch him when they go back there,
Good list of ST, Evans has such a good set up! Blew my mind when I seen the set up in pit lane, great bunch of guys too!

Do you think this might be the last year they run the TL class with the ST and TLX? Will it become more of a "learning" class?
No I don't, and I am equally sure that the Tl's will continue to run in the same race as the TLX's and the ST's.

None of the NZTC's three categories can survive on their own, so its a case of everybody working together in the best interest of V8 Touring car's in New Zealand.

MARCOS AMBROSE. Blair McDonald is not going South, but will probably run at Manfield.
Old 7 Jan 2016, 00:47 (Ref:3602670)   #307
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I have heard slightly different.
TKR has been put into liquidation by IRD.
Story seems a but muddled, but goes something along the lines of David Johns changed the name of his company from "TKR Limited (Or whaterver it was)" to a different name, then the following day this new named company was put into recievership.

The TKR name and brand will go on to live another day.
Old 7 Jan 2016, 02:39 (Ref:3602694)   #308
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Interesting, bet you're right
Old 10 Jan 2016, 21:15 (Ref:3603545)   #309
darscochuck
Rookie

darscochuck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i am assuming that there will still be a decent sized grid for the south island series which I feel is getting better and better as each of the 2 categories works themselves out with the changes. I love the fact that there is the need for some real technical engineering being applied to get the parities (dirty word) closer together. that in itself must be motivating for the teams themselves. if the gains are in fact as large as they reported then Bargs should have a real shot at taking out the south island rounds because he is quick down there and Nick will be interesting to watch as well. hope the crowds come out.
Old 11 Jan 2016, 04:34 (Ref:3603616)   #310
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TKR saying Clapperton will be running this weekend.... and they're still advertising hotlaps with Craig Baird???
Old 11 Jan 2016, 18:30 (Ref:3603777)   #311
EVORACER11
Rookie

well there will be some pretty ****ed off people if he is still selling them and people will turn up expecting Craig and then all they get is a inexperienced blond female. I no I would be disappointed. What happened to Colorado?? We brought tickets for and never herd who won it! Or the all expenses trip to Bathurst....
Old 11 Jan 2016, 20:49 (Ref:3603810)   #312
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
well there will be some pretty ****ed off people if he is still selling them and people will turn up expecting Craig and then all they get is a inexperienced blond female. I no I would be disappointed. What happened to Colorado?? We brought tickets for and never herd who won it! Or the all expenses trip to Bathurst....

"O ye, of little faith"

Old 12 Jan 2016, 03:19 (Ref:3603906)   #313
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Nothing wrong with blonde females, experienced or not
Old 12 Jan 2016, 04:35 (Ref:3603929)   #314
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackSeat Driver View Post
I have heard slightly different.
TKR has been put into liquidation by IRD.
Story seems a but muddled, but goes something along the lines of David Johns changed the name of his company from "TKR Limited (Or whaterver it was)" to a different name, then the following day this new named company was put into recievership.

The TKR name and brand will go on to live another day.
Quote:
If Backseat Driver is correct you would assume all raffles and competitions run by Team Kiwi prior to liquidation would be null in void.
Old 12 Jan 2016, 09:12 (Ref:3603980)   #315
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
If Backseat Driver is correct you would assume all raffles and competitions run by Team Kiwi prior to liquidation would be null in void.
It's null and void to be picky, but we get your drift James. Have you ever seen the results of a draw from any of his "raffles" or "competitions" published? Anywhere? To the best of my knowledge, every one of them has been nothing but a scam. Like most of his hot-laps. I had a guy come in to the TKR pit one day and ask me where DJ was as he wanted to collect his prize. Somehow he'd got the impression he'd won something. Poor gullible sod.
Old 13 Jan 2016, 22:17 (Ref:3604541)   #316
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
It's null and void to be picky, but we get your drift James. Have you ever seen the results of a draw from any of his "raffles" or "competitions" published? Anywhere? To the best of my knowledge, every one of them has been nothing but a scam. Like most of his hot-laps. I had a guy come in to the TKR pit one day and ask me where DJ was as he wanted to collect his prize. Somehow he'd got the impression he'd won something. Poor gullible sod.
from facebook:

Daniel Jones What has happened to the Baird ride?

David John Sitting in the shed as we prioritize remaining budget for a new international opportunity this year
Old 14 Jan 2016, 01:00 (Ref:3604580)   #317
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
from facebook:

David John Sitting in the shed as we prioritize remaining budget for a new international opportunity this year
There have been quite a few "opportunities" over the years that never quite came to be. Good luck to anyone involved.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 05:44 (Ref:3604611)   #318
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
from facebook:

David John aka, TKR does not own a V8ST, he leased the car from Wayne Jacko Anderson [AV8] however, this car has now been sold to another party not connected to David John/TKR.

David John /TKR does own the old TL Commodore driven by Alysa Clapperton.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 07:15 (Ref:3604621)   #319
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
David John aka, TKR does not own a V8ST, he leased the car from Wayne Jacko Anderson [AV8] however, this car has now been sold to another party not connected to David John/TKR.

David John /TKR does own the old TL Commodore driven by Alysa Clapperton.
Who owned/ran the TL Commodore that TKR owns before they brought it?
Old 14 Jan 2016, 09:01 (Ref:3604639)   #320
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Correct. That's is what makes his statement so damn funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosAmbroseFan View Post
Who owned/ran the TL Commodore that TKR owns before they brought it?
I believe it is the old Ian Booth car.
Old 14 Jan 2016, 17:30 (Ref:3604787)   #321
superstock
Rookie

New Zealand
lower hutt
superstock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Correct. That's is what makes his statement so damn funny!

I believe it is the old Ian Booth car.

cars a bit of a pig. even bairdo couldn't do anything with it.

but still its on the track.

....still think nzv8s have a long way to go building credibility and a fanbase

most drivers are unknown to most.

with confusing tiers ,,,tx tlx whatever. most of the cars old models.

im a 30 year follower , but sadly I wont be anywhere.

feel cheated, ripped, all that stuff.

speedways where ill be that's a 45 year love affair
Old 14 Jan 2016, 18:40 (Ref:3604812)   #322
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstock View Post
cars a bit of a pig. even bairdo couldn't do anything with it.

but still its on the track.

....still think nzv8s have a long way to go building credibility and a fanbase

most drivers are unknown to most.

with confusing tiers ,,,tx tlx whatever. most of the cars old models.

im a 30 year follower , but sadly I wont be anywhere.

feel cheated, ripped, all that stuff.

speedways where ill be that's a 45 year love affair

Wow Superstock,

You "feel cheated,ripped, all that stuff" are you referring to the price of admission?

Its certainly sad that a 30 year circuit racing fan feels this way, but being a self confessed 45 year speedway fan, its obvious you came late to circuit racing, and its perhaps understandable that you have lost interest because generally speaking the Genre do not mix especially for so long.

I started in speedway, as a do anything on a midget car team, but soon fell in love with circuit racing, but have never lost an interest in speedway, and generally go to Western Springs several times a season, however, I seldom see very many of the people I reguarly see at Western Springs at Pukekohe or Hampton Downs.

No question The V8 Touring cars have had their up and downs over the last 6 years but the downs started way back in 2008/2009 when sponsorship dried up, and the teams dwindled. Its never going to be like 2005/2006/2007 ever again because that was an era, so we just need to move on and accept that the sport itself has lost the battle to keep the public interest, just as it has around the world.

The new combined V8 Touring Car category needs to be given a chance, and lets face it its the only possible solution left on the table if V8 Touring car racing is going to survive at all, in the public's mind, because at least its televised and has a statisticly good audience following.

By the way your TKR "bit of a pig" comment, could not be further from the truth, poorly maintained, and run, yes for sure, but this car held just about every track record in New Zealand in the hands of Kayne Scott and my team who built and ran the car in the first place. Given a proper rebuild its still well capable of wining its class in the right hands.
Old 15 Jan 2016, 02:14 (Ref:3604908)   #323
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Wow Superstock,

You "feel cheated,ripped, all that stuff" are you referring to the price of admission?
that was an interesting comment. i was also interested in why Superstock feels ripped off and cheated. there has been no outrage claims or over hyping of the new summer series. if anything.. the promotion has been a little underwhelming.
Old 15 Jan 2016, 05:37 (Ref:3604929)   #324
superstock
Rookie

New Zealand
lower hutt
superstock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wow Superstock,

Its certainly sad that a 30 year circuit racing fan feels this way, but being a self confessed 45 year speedway fan, its obvious you came late to circuit racing, and its perhaps understandable that you have lost interest because generally speaking the Genre do not mix especially for so long.

I started in speedway, as a do anything on a midget car team, but soon fell in love with circuit racing, but have never lost an interest in speedway, and generally go to Western Springs several times a season, however, I seldom see very many of the people I reguarly see at Western Springs at Pukekohe or Hampton Downs.

No question The V8 Touring cars have had their up and downs over the last 6 years but the downs started way back in 2008/2009 when sponsorship dried up, and the teams dwindled. Its never going to be like 2005/2006/2007 ever again because that was an era, so we just need to move on and accept that the sport itself has lost the battle to keep the public interest, just as it has around the world.

The new combined V8 Touring Car category needs to be given a chance, and lets face it its the only possible solution left on the table if V8 Touring car racing is going to survive at all, in the public's mind, because at least its televised and has a statisticly good audience following.

By the way your TKR "bit of a pig" comment, could not be further from the truth, poorly maintained, and run, yes for sure, but this car held just about every track record in New Zealand in the hands of Kayne Scott and my team who built and ran the car in the first place. Given a proper rebuild its still well capable of wining its class in the right hands.

thanks mark

thank you for your constructive comments .i have followed your teams
and know your exploits well.
that's why your comments mean a lot to me.
my comments were directed more at what the sport had become
..it was never about money or overwise.
as I have followed the summer series since 1980 and have been to most circuits in NZ including the old baypark

went to all the wellington street races ,

was involved in some of the nzv8s at sponsorship level through companys I was employed at.

that's why I was questioning what had become of something I am/was so passionate about

but hopefully the series prospers again.

I will certainly be at manfeild.
Old 17 Jan 2016, 18:19 (Ref:3605678)   #325
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstock View Post
thanks mark

thank you for your constructive comments .i have followed your teams
and know your exploits well.
that's why your comments mean a lot to me.
my comments were directed more at what the sport had become
..it was never about money or overwise.
as I have followed the summer series since 1980 and have been to most circuits in NZ including the old baypark

went to all the wellington street races ,

was involved in some of the nzv8s at sponsorship level through companys I was employed at.

that's why I was questioning what had become of something I am/was so passionate about

but hopefully the series prospers again.

I will certainly be at manfeild.
Hi Superstock,

Well I am pleased to be able to report that apart from the inclement weather which added another element to the weekend racing that there was some good racing over the weekend, and in particular the reverse grid last race which was won by Simon Evans with action a plenty. Andre Heimgartner showed he is a class act and won the first race by a country mile, however's Evan's matched his pace in race two.

Bargwanna, was at the sharp end all weekend, other than in qualifying, were the car suffered from a bad engine misfire issue, his now Camry sporting an outrageous new rear wing which was run at such a steep angle that it hurt his straight line speed, but made his car significantly better under braking, and off the corners.

The wet conditions made it very difficult to analyze the so called aero parity adjustments made to the TLX cars since Hamton Downs, however, Tom Alexander was adament that the Supertourer rear wing was a big help in getting his TLX car closer to Bargwanna's pace, but it was very obvious that the two Ls3 powered TLX Commodore's lacked straight line grunt compared to Nick Ross's Nissan.

Hopefully the weather is kinder to the competitors at Invercargill, and that a better assessment of the technical changes made to the TLX car's be made.

Last edited by Mark Petch; 17 Jan 2016 at 18:25.