Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Dec 2021, 10:31 (Ref:4090038)   #851
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are the chances of Sam Tordoff returning to the championship?
Old 16 Dec 2021, 10:37 (Ref:4090041)   #852
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryDG View Post
What are the chances of Sam Tordoff returning to the championship?
Or Andrew Jordan, both former Motorbase drivers
Old 16 Dec 2021, 10:59 (Ref:4090051)   #853
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Or Andrew Jordan, both former Motorbase drivers
Chilton?
Old 16 Dec 2021, 11:08 (Ref:4090054)   #854
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
added Ollie Jackson at Motorbase

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Gordon Shedden ??
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Dan Rowbotten
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Matt Neal ?????

Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Josh Cook ????
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Jade Edwards ??
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Michael Crees ??
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Senna Proctor ??

BMW 330 - WSR - Colin Turkington ?
BMW 330 - WSR - Sthephen Jelley ??
BMW 330 - WSR - ????

BMW 330 - Ciceley - Adam Morgan
BMW 330 - Ciceley - ????

Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Tom Ingram
Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - ????

Ford Focus - Motorbase (NAPA) - Dan Cammish
Ford Focus - Motorbase (NAPA) - ????
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Sam Osborne
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Ollie Jackson

Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - Rory Butcher ????
Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - ????
Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - ????

Cupra Leon - HARD - Jack Goff
Cupra Leon - HARD - Aron Taylor Smith
Cupra Leon - HARD - ?????

Vauxhall Astra ??? - PMR - ????
Vauxhall Astra ??? - PMR - ????

Infiniti Q50 ??? - Aiden Moffat Racing - Aiden Moffat
Infiniti Q50 ??? - Aiden Moffat Racing - Ash Sutton ???

Infiniti Q50 ??? - Boardley Motorsport - ?????
Infiniti Q50 ??? - Boardley Motorsport - ?????
Old 16 Dec 2021, 11:25 (Ref:4090056)   #855
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport wording is Osborne and Ollie Jackson “expected” to return to Motorbase. Is that enough to add without a single “?” Do you think? Unsure of the ??? or ?? or ? criteria….
Old 16 Dec 2021, 11:41 (Ref:4090059)   #856
porsche962fan
Veteran

Osborne his dad is boss at Motorbase ... Ollie Jackson is now for years at them , can't see him moving somehwere else
Old 16 Dec 2021, 12:29 (Ref:4090065)   #857
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesn't Jackson's family have some involvement too? Through Mountune?
Old 16 Dec 2021, 12:50 (Ref:4090068)   #858
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Doesn't Jackson's family have some involvement too? Through Mountune?
Yes.

Osborne & Jackson at Motorbase are the biggest shoo-ins in the BTCC. The drive is theirs if they want it.
Old 16 Dec 2021, 12:51 (Ref:4090069)   #859
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love how people make a great fuss about these tables.. whose is better, why one question mark instead of two, what's the difference between three and two, why someone without it and someone with... It's really amusing, thanks for fun.
I missed it
Old 16 Dec 2021, 13:21 (Ref:4090079)   #860
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I love how people make a great fuss about these tables.. whose is better, why one question mark instead of two, what's the difference between three and two, why someone without it and someone with... It's really amusing, thanks for fun.
I missed it
Some might say its more entertaining than the racing
Old 16 Dec 2021, 13:27 (Ref:4090083)   #861
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Some might say its more entertaining than the racing
Yes, especially as BTCC is sooo boring... Yet interesting enough to write about the fact regularly
Old 16 Dec 2021, 14:25 (Ref:4090094)   #862
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I do enjoy hearing the latest rumours, keeps us interested for the new season, even if half of them don't happen! Especially those that we were looking forward to happening
Old 16 Dec 2021, 15:26 (Ref:4090111)   #863
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I do enjoy hearing the latest rumours, keeps us interested for the new season, even if half of them don't happen! Especially those that we were looking forward to happening
Same here, it makes me more excited for the upcoming season
Old 16 Dec 2021, 15:31 (Ref:4090113)   #864
Sunbeam347
Rookie

Sunbeam347 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The rumours are great, as it builds excitement for the new season. I think the switch to hybrid may turn a lot of things on their head, hopefully.
Old 16 Dec 2021, 16:45 (Ref:4090127)   #865
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Depends who you class as a big name these days. Is Plato still a big name within btcc?
Only 5 letters. Not big. Not compared to Giovanardi!
Old 16 Dec 2021, 17:04 (Ref:4090132)   #866
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Yes, especially as BTCC is sooo boring... Yet interesting enough to write about the fact regularly
it was much much better during the S2000 days
Old 16 Dec 2021, 17:10 (Ref:4090133)   #867
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Maybe it was, maybe the Super Touring era in the early-to-mid-90s was even better (I can't remember it but watching the YT stuff it seems it was super exciting) but I don't think we can really complain. Past eras always seem better because left in a rear view mirror they get romanticised and so on. But the current product is still very good, however, I must say S2000 cars were better-looking than current NGTC ones. Of course, nothing is ideal, I'd love BTCC to scrap all performance-equalising measures for example and I'm not blinded so don't get those who feel offended when someone dares to criticise something.
But, I must say BTCC is a great championship and there's only one-two motor racing series apart from it that I like similarly.
Old 16 Dec 2021, 17:18 (Ref:4090135)   #868
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Racing was even better in circa 100BC....

Those chariots were piloted by proper racers.

I digress though - this is a thread about the 2022 season, not 2002, 1992 or even 1962 (when things were better ). A few more announcements are planned for before Christmas, but not as many as last year.
Old 16 Dec 2021, 17:20 (Ref:4090136)   #869
porsche962fan
Veteran

the main problem now is the cars are too fragile , specially to side contact and the rules which prevent push to pass make the races duller
Old 16 Dec 2021, 17:21 (Ref:4090137)   #870
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
the main problem now is the cars are too fragile , specially to side contact and the rules which prevent push to pass make the races duller
Nobody is obliged to watch....

But I fear we are heading down a 'how to fix BTCC' thread here, when it is one of the healthiest championships going, and even had to expand whilst COVID-19 is still impacting things

To turn this back to 2022, can things be so bad if we've gone back to a 32-car grid?
Old 16 Dec 2021, 17:24 (Ref:4090140)   #871
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Nobody is obliged to watch....
nobody is forced to complain about others not blindly swallow the product either
Old 16 Dec 2021, 17:37 (Ref:4090146)   #872
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
nobody is forced to complain about others not blindly swallow the product either

If you want to watch push to pass, as you say that the BTCC is poorer for stamping it out, then might I suggest you turn your attention to something like the UK's stock car racing where it is allowed and even encouraged.

You do appear to have forgotten that the UK's circuit racing is explicitly a no-contact sport, and deliberately "bashing" or tapping a car to get past used to end up with the car a being immediately black flagged and usually disqualified from the meeting with points on the driver's licence.

It has no place in the type of motor racing that most of us on here enjoy.
Old 16 Dec 2021, 17:43 (Ref:4090149)   #873
porsche962fan
Veteran

but look at result,

we have very boring races 1 cos everone is too afraid to do any real moves cos it would ruin their entire weekends and we have situations when a driver can be stuck a whole race behind another cos the rules make it too easy to defend and we end up with processions
Old 16 Dec 2021, 17:54 (Ref:4090150)   #874
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
but look at result,

we have very boring races 1 cos everone is too afraid to do any real moves cos it would ruin their entire weekends and we have situations when a driver can be stuck a whole race behind another cos the rules amke it too easy to defend and we end up with processions

Then just go a watch stock car racing, and leave the rest of us to enjoy the BTCC. In my opinion, the series is far richer for it being non-contact and the cream of the crop rise to the top, and always will given the opportunity.

Just look at how many winners there were this year, and I think that virtually every one of them managed passes on other cars without the need to push them out the way.

I would also say that the drivers try to follow cars in front far too closely which actually makes it harder to get past the car in front because the usually have to either brake fractionally or come off the throttle momentarily to allow themselves space to turn around the car in front.

It also means that, on circuits that have tyre stacks, you end up have a chain of cars hitting them when the first in line bangs in to them. This was blindingly obvious at Croft, for example, earlier this year in the Porsche, Ginetta and Mini races.
Old 16 Dec 2021, 18:02 (Ref:4090151)   #875
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Then just go a watch stock car racing, and leave the rest of us to enjoy the BTCC. In my opinion, the series is far richer for it being non-contact and the cream of the crop rise to the top, and always will given the opportunity.
it really robes your enjoyment if others don't fully subscribe to curent things ?

super touring days had much worse things than a slight tap to pass and still regarded of some of greatest era the sport ever had