Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Apr 2011, 07:22 (Ref:2861706)   #1
XRS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sussex coast
XRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the link. I found more information here http://www.circuitcat.com/RACES/Spir...HBX0xi5e4Lt88g
Old 11 Apr 2011, 09:03 (Ref:2861739)   #2
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
A Big Thank You

Just want to say a big thank you to all the Masters competitors for making this first Catalunya Classic a fantastic meeting.

Blessed with the great weather that also spread to the UK and beyond, this as a first meeting, I thought was very good. I believe there were several thousand through the gates on both days and the fact that you could see the cars and walk round the pits with ease is always great for the spectators and enthusiast alike.

Good to see familiar faces making the trip although the dulcit tones of Mr Tate were missing, and we certainly missed his dry wit in race control at times, the dulcit tones of Mr Addison were just as good and his view on airport activity at Bacelona made the waiting for the plane last night a lot lighter (David I do hope you managed to eat my soggy Chicken sandwich.)

Racing was great even though some of the grids suffered. The WSM's I love and the sound that they and the interseries make is just awesome!

Our thanks from all in Race Control goes to all the Masters team again. Jo for getting the grids together so well with Ellie, Hamish for making sure the local marshals knew the urgency of getting the F1 grid going once the engines were started on the grid (and for supplying me with my fix of nicotine) Vic for making sure we were supplied with ample food and drink throughout the meeting and of course Rachel, who held it all together as usual.

The Spanish Clerk was very impressed with the rolling starts particulary Gent Drivers and at the standard of driving in general and although some of you were naughty and paid the price (its only fair) they all commented on how easy you made their life and indeed ours so thanks to you all (whoever comes on here that is)

We shall leave the reporting on the races to the experts (David Addison link as per previous link) and it only remains for me to say thanks again on behalf of John, Carol and I and tener cuidado el Circuit de Catalunya esperamos a hasta la vista muy pronto as we say in Spain (lol)

Top Hat in Two Weeks!!!

Ta
Claire
Old 11 Apr 2011, 12:21 (Ref:2861855)   #3
Matt Newman
Rookie

Matt Newman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a great weekend !
Many thanks to everyone involved with the organising. Let's hope it becomes an annual event.
Does anyone know of any good sites to see/buy photographs of the races ?
Old 11 Apr 2011, 17:10 (Ref:2862006)   #4
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
updated report

We now have David's updated report covering day two. Masters certainly know how to put on a good show
Old 11 Apr 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2862013)   #5
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrognome View Post
We now have David's updated report covering day two. Masters certainly know how to put on a good show
Thank you...I will pass that on to the powers that be x
Old 13 Apr 2011, 12:25 (Ref:2862870)   #6
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Ben Shuckburgh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great weekend - thanks to all concerned. We had a good run - very hot and hard on cars. 19th on grid to end 7th by the end of pt 2. "Just keep swimming" as the wise fish said.........
Good to meet eminent officials.
Old 13 Apr 2011, 13:48 (Ref:2862895)   #7
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Shuckburgh View Post
A great weekend - thanks to all concerned. We had a good run - very hot and hard on cars. 19th on grid to end 7th by the end of pt 2. "Just keep swimming" as the wise fish said.........
Good to meet eminent officials.
Was good to meet you Ben, sorry if I seemed a bit subdude, it had been a long day and that drivers briefing was too long!!!! lol

Ta
C
Old 13 Apr 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2862973)   #8
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here are a couple of laps on youTube.
http://youtu.be/gH0nU9veonU
Marcus
Old 13 Apr 2011, 23:43 (Ref:2863088)   #9
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa View Post
Here are a couple of laps on youTube.
http://youtu.be/gH0nU9veonU
Marcus
'
Thanks for sharing that Marcus.... what a glorious sound. mmm
Great quality vid too, compared to many onboards one sees at Youtube..