Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 May 2015, 16:41 (Ref:3537147)   #1
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brands Hatch Masters festival 23-25th May

Tickets turned up today, lots of lovely tin whizzing around the GP circuit on Saturday and Sunday, Indy track on Monday.

Timetable http://www.mastershistoricracing.com...e%20THREE.pdf/
Old 13 May 2015, 17:14 (Ref:3537150)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Tickets turned up today, lots of lovely tin whizzing around the GP circuit on Saturday and Sunday, Indy track on Monday.
Unfortunately the clash of the season for some of us old timers! Along with Brands, there is Peter Auto at Spa, Juniors at Pau, and other single seaters at Zandvoort. A choice had to be made..... Shame!

Old 13 May 2015, 21:19 (Ref:3537241)   #3
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Unfortunately the clash of the season for some of us old timers! Along with Brands, there is Peter Auto at Spa, Juniors at Pau, and other single seaters at Zandvoort. A choice had to be made..... Shame!

Soooo Mike ...... you're too befuddled by the choice and staying at home?

Old 14 May 2015, 06:07 (Ref:3537300)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Soooo Mike ...... you're too befuddled by the choice and staying at home?

"I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure".

Head is taking me to Spa, heart would have taken me to Pau.......
Old 14 May 2015, 08:32 (Ref:3537331)   #5
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah.

Second home then?
Old 16 May 2015, 15:48 (Ref:3538095)   #6
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We will be there with NKHTGT. Running both the Marcos and first time out in the Elan.

Looks like a cracking meeting again

R
Old 16 May 2015, 21:38 (Ref:3538323)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Is there a super touring entry list at all anywhere?

Cheers.
Old 17 May 2015, 19:38 (Ref:3538676)   #8
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Is there a super touring entry list at all anywhere?
1 James Dodd - Honda Accord
4 Graeme Dodd - Honda Accord
7 Paul Smith - Audi A4
8 Darren Feilding - BMW
9 Jason Minshaw - BMW M3
11 Steve Dymoke - Alfa Romeo 156
12 Patrick Watts - Peugeot 406
14 Malcolm Harrison - Peugeot 406
15 Craig Davies - RS500
17 Mark Smith - BMW M3
20 Chris Beighton - Honda Accord
27 Rick Wood - Mazda 323
33 Alan Strachan - Ford Mondeo
37 Simon Garrad - Opel Vectra
63 Andrew Wolfe - Opel Astra
64 Paul Whight - Honda Accord
66 Harry Whale - BMW M3
67 Tony Absolom - Vauxhall Cavalier
68 Richard Meins - Ford Mondeo
70 Stewart Whyte - Honda Accord
77 Dave Jarman - Nissan Primera
93 Tom Gladdis - Honda Accord
97 Neil Smith - Alfa Romeo 156
98 John Cleland - Vauxhall Vectra

They will be in the garages. Qualifying Sat, race 1 Sun on the GP circuit, then qualifying and race 2 Mon on the Indy circuit.
Old 18 May 2015, 11:41 (Ref:3538914)   #9
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Redshoes.

Thanks for the entry list.

I'm a little bit confused with that, you mention Monday, but there is no Monday activity on the published timetable or on the website...?
Old 18 May 2015, 11:50 (Ref:3538918)   #10
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Technically it's two meetings, so listed on the website separately.

Sat/Sun is the Masters Festival on the GP circuit
http://www.brandshatch.co.uk/calenda...y/masters.aspx

Mon is the Masters Raceday on the Indy circuit.
http://www.brandshatch.co.uk/calenda...s-raceday.aspx

ST, NKHTGT and Classic FF will stay over for the Monday meeting, to be joined by the local BRSCC saloons.
Old 18 May 2015, 16:31 (Ref:3539015)   #11
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry lists: http://www.msv.com/media/3918858/entry_lists.pdf
Old 18 May 2015, 19:50 (Ref:3539090)   #12
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Technically it's two meetings, so listed on the website separately.

Sat/Sun is the Masters Festival on the GP circuit
http://www.brandshatch.co.uk/calenda...y/masters.aspx

Mon is the Masters Raceday on the Indy circuit.
http://www.brandshatch.co.uk/calenda...s-raceday.aspx

ST, NKHTGT and Classic FF will stay over for the Monday meeting, to be joined by the local BRSCC saloons.
Many thanks for explaining. I never even looked at Monday. I have ordered tickets for the weekend now, but had I known I might have just done the Monday instead, oh well.
Old 18 May 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3539107)   #13
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to say the F1 entry is dissapointing they had twice as many cars out for round 1 at Barcelona.
Old 19 May 2015, 00:57 (Ref:3539153)   #14
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone happen to know of a contact email address for Team Dodd? I'd really like to get in touch ahead of this weekend's meeting regarding a personal project of mine involving that '99 BTCC Accord of theirs. The team website (http://www.teamdoddmotorsport.com/) is very sparse, and while I did find James' personal Facebook page listed on another touring car based website, I'd prefer to try a more official route first. If there is one. Does anyone know the best way to get in touch?

Cheers.
Old 19 May 2015, 15:05 (Ref:3539338)   #15
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
Have to say the F1 entry is dissapointing they had twice as many cars out for round 1 at Barcelona.
I'm pretty sure the whole historic field has shrunk, I seem to remember more races and bigger grids on the Sunday GP schedule in previous years.
Old 24 May 2015, 16:07 (Ref:3540696)   #16
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I thought 17 cars wasn't too bad considering the sizes of the other grids. A walk around the outer paddock was quite disappointing with what seemed like more race transporter trucks than race cars. It was definitely quieter than the last time I went down there about 5 years ago.
Old 24 May 2015, 22:20 (Ref:3540850)   #17
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Seems to be something of a trend, sadly. I was at Oulton yesterday and there were several grids with low numbers - Caterhams only 9, for example.

Looking at CTCRC Classic Festival at Mallory, again several races with small grids....

Too many series? Calendar overload?
Old 24 May 2015, 23:25 (Ref:3540865)   #18
brands
Veteran

Enjoyed the two days, shame about the iffy weather but the racing was good in most races. Still nothing better than wandering the GP loop with F1 and world sportcars blasting through.

Woodcote and Stirling Moss trophy races were both down on numbers, 18 each, F1 17 and SuperTourers 19, other grids were all 30+

Shame the SuperTourer race was a non event, the red Nissan looked a sorry state, not sure what else was involved. Hope the drivers were OK.
Old 24 May 2015, 23:40 (Ref:3540868)   #19
brands
Veteran

Read STC drivers OK and there will be two races tomorrow, both on the Indy circuit.
Old 24 May 2015, 23:56 (Ref:3540873)   #20
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Glad to hear drivers were ok it looked a heavy hit. Sucks though for those who turned up for the supertourers (myself included).

I do wonder if Jarmans Nissan will be repairable. I didn't see the A4 he hit so can't gague the damage on that one.
Old 25 May 2015, 10:24 (Ref:3541002)   #21
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I'm pretty sure the whole historic field has shrunk, I seem to remember more races and bigger grids on the Sunday GP schedule in previous years.
A clash with the Spa Classic can't help though surely? Different races maybe but some teams and owners might ordinarily be involved with both meetings if on seperate weekends?
Old 25 May 2015, 10:39 (Ref:3541004)   #22
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would guess, as usual, that because historic racing has been in such rude health in the past few years, there are now far too many events.

Adn the fact that a lot of events encourage drivers from all over the world hardly helps.

Even millionaires have private lives and families.

I was planning to go yesterday but looked at the format and weather and decided against it.

Sadly we live in an age when if something is workign, instead of taking the phlegmatic approach, organisers flog a dead horse until there is nothing left to flog.

This is the case with historic racing sort of medium events like this sadly.
Old 25 May 2015, 11:48 (Ref:3541023)   #23
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jarman says the Primera is repairable... which is good because seeing the pictures made me sad! Favourite supertourer
Old 25 May 2015, 15:06 (Ref:3541060)   #24
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I'm not sure what the issue with the weather was unless I was at a different brands Hatch, brilliant sunshine on the Sunday and so hot I took my coat off.
Old 25 May 2015, 17:27 (Ref:3541112)   #25
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just back from a cracking weekend at Brands with the Dutch pre 66 FIA championship, NKHTGT. Two bloody good races, one on a very slippery GP circuit at 6pm yesterday, but sunny for today on the Indy circuit. A number of the Dutch guys didn't come over as it was a non championship round (due to stupid FIA rules), so we only had about 45 on the grid......

Maybe the fact it cost me rather less than Masters charge has something to do with the turnout for other races. We ran both my 'new' Elan and my Marcos for two 25 minute races for 750 Euros - so the whole weekend probably cost me less than £700 for a total of 3 hours track time with two cars, half of which was on the GP circuit.......