Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 7 Jan 2002, 17:30 (Ref:194960)   #1
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brack to attempt to qualify for Daytona 500

Read this at Jayski's

Completely out of his league in my opinion. These carty-boy, roller-skate drivers seem to think that they can just waltz into a stock car race, and on the strength of running their roller-skates, and an IROC race or two, that they are on par with the Winston Cup drivers, I say Bulls***! IROC cars are about 700 lbs lighter that Winston Cup cars, and they don't handle anywhere the same. He might have driven 500 miles in a 1500 lb roller-skate, on a relitavly flat track, but that's no where as physically demanding as driving a 3400 lb stock car on a 31 degree banked track. He will also not have the fancy bells, whistles, and do-dad gadgets to help him drive the car, things like onboard computers to to tell him everything to do such as adjust the various things that he can adjust in his roller-skate! The ONLY thing he can adjust in a stock car is the tension on the brake peddle! No ground effects, or huge wings to suck the car down to the track and make it run like it's on rails, tires only half as wide as what are on a roller-skate! Plus, noonw will draft with him, they'll hang him out to dry! He'll learn quick enough, just as Scott Pruett, (and Fitapaldi in the Busch race) did, that this isn't a series where they are going to bow to him. These guys play for keeps! I wish these roller-skate drivers would stay in their own series!
Old 7 Jan 2002, 17:48 (Ref:194978)   #2
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aww Lee- your dislike of open wheel shines through! LOL
That's OK.
Personally I think that they should let them try!
NASCAR Cup racing should be the BEST drivers, no matter where they rise from. If we get a good exciting driver out of it- GREAT! I really don't care where they come from.
If they are good- they will make it. If not- Well...I gues they won't qualify! We'll weed out the good from the bad.
Old 7 Jan 2002, 18:55 (Ref:195038)   #3
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sorry. Did Brack say he was going to go out and destroy the competition. Did he say he out to break the track record? Did he somehow disrespect the NASCAR communtiy? NO.

So what is the big deal? Are you afraid he might just be fast? You now I don't get the attitude that the CART guys are somehow looking down on stock car drivers. Every CART guy who has run with the NASCAR guys in WC or IROC competition has had nothing but praise for them.

Just because a race car has wings on it does not equate to a lack of skill. Lets see anyone drive a race car with 900 horsepower and go over 250 miles per hour. I doubt you'd have many takers outside the open wheel pavement racers. That does not mean they are better, just different.
Old 7 Jan 2002, 20:05 (Ref:195078)   #4
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lee, you are truly unbelievable .

Rather then be so bitter and cynical about everything concerning the "roller skate series" why not be thankfull that there are people out there that have an open mind about other types of racing and willing to give it a try.

But I guess that according to you, Cart can do no right. It's all just some big conspiracy plot to destroy Nascar. give it rest will you .

Quote:
Originally posted by KC
I'm sorry. Did Brack say he was going to go out and destroy the competition. Did he say he out to break the track record? Did he somehow disrespect the NASCAR communtiy? NO.
Just felt the need to repeat this .
Old 7 Jan 2002, 21:24 (Ref:195159)   #5
Roselady3
Veteran

Ok- Guys, it's not the time to jump the moderator! *G*

He's allowed to have likes & dislikes---he just expresses them strongly.

The fact is that they wish to come to NASCAR to race, which is a statement in itself.

The ONLY downfall of it that I can see is that some of the NASCAR regulars might not qualify due to additional drivers. But if they can't beat a one time NON-regular- then they'd better get on the stick!
Old 7 Jan 2002, 22:53 (Ref:195212)   #6
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Too right Roselady.
Old 7 Jan 2002, 22:58 (Ref:195215)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Okay, just for that Lee, i'll be cheering on Kenny when i'm at Daytona this year!! Where do I buy a Swedish flag ??
Old 8 Jan 2002, 00:18 (Ref:195243)   #8
Lee
Racer

Holy cow, two attempts in a row to gain access and I have, something must be wrong!

Craig,
You might try the Swedish embassy.

Roselady3,
Thank you.

Raoul,
cart destroy NASCAR, the day that happens is the day that Hell will freeze over, literaly!

KC,
Not sure what you mean by "You now I don't get..." could you please clarify?
Old 8 Jan 2002, 00:43 (Ref:195251)   #9
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brack won the IRL championship in his rookie year, and is CART's finest on ovals , so if he should get a go at the Daytona 500 ,let him...

If he brings a few swedish women with him ya'll won't be complainin'
Old 8 Jan 2002, 02:07 (Ref:195273)   #10
Lee
Racer

Beer Baron,

Women are a dime a dozen at Daytona, (and most other tracks as well) a few more, from Sweden or where ever isn't going to make a difference.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 02:11 (Ref:195275)   #11
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lee, Brack is an extremely talented oval driver, really one of the best overall driving talents in the world. I am glad to see him give Daytona a shot but I definately agree that he needs more drafting experience in IROC and BGN first. I wonder why NASCAR is allowing him to compete? Every year someone causes the big one and usually it is the inexperienced or bonehead driver who does so.

Does anyone know whose car he is going to attempt to qualify?

Last edited by Joe Fan; 8 Jan 2002 at 02:13.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 02:16 (Ref:195278)   #12
Roselady3
Veteran

SOD- He may be good but we will see how he handles a stockcar!

Craig- You can cheer for him, (I was gonna try to talk you into my two dudes!) Brack doesn't have a huge chance, being so new & all.

Lee- No comment to your dime a dozen deal

Last edited by Roselady3; 8 Jan 2002 at 02:17.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 03:03 (Ref:195296)   #13
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Lars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Fan
I wonder why NASCAR is allowing him to compete? Every year someone causes the big one and usually it is the inexperienced or bonehead driver who does so.
I think a driver has to pass a test in order to attempt to make Daytona or Talladega? So he must have passed? Otherwise, they just need to have a 'nascar' license to try to compete at other tracks? A bit of a guess, but I think I've read that somewhere.

Last edited by Lars; 8 Jan 2002 at 03:06.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 03:15 (Ref:195299)   #14
Lee
Racer

Roselady3,

Please understand, the dime a dozen commet was about the women hanging around the pits, the pit lizzards, not the female racing fans.

Joe Fan,

Ganasty is putting him in a third car. I have always said that these roller-skate drivers should be required to go at least a year in the Busch Series before being allowed to drive a Cup car! I don't care how much talent he has driving roller-skates on ovals, there is allot of difference between driving a 1500 lb roller-skate and a 3400 lb stock car!
Old 8 Jan 2002, 04:51 (Ref:195326)   #15
Roselady3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Roselady3,

Please understand, the dime a dozen comment was about the women hanging around the pits, the pit lizzards, not the female racing fans.

Well- That was just a crabby comment from a very blonde, very fair lady-That's all.
Actually what I wanted to say was that there was no lack of tall middle aged dudes either. Priced at more like a nickel a dozen!
Old 8 Jan 2002, 07:15 (Ref:195346)   #16
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lars, NASCAR requires drivers to have X amount of experience in a stock car before they are allowed to race in the big races. I personally don't see how Kenny has the experience just by doing one year of IROC.

Lee, I agree. I think any open wheel driver should do a year in BGN in order to race at the Cup level. Inexperienced drivers could kill somebody out there and then NASCAR would look foolish for allowing this sort of thing to happen.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 12:57 (Ref:195426)   #17
The Beer Baron
Veteran

I'm sure Brack holds an FIA license of some sort, so with NASCAR being affiliated with the FIA he won't have trouble getting a NASCAR license unless his practice times are well off the pace
Old 8 Jan 2002, 12:59 (Ref:195428)   #18
The Beer Baron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Roselady3
SOD- He may be good but we will see how he handles a stockcar!

Who the hell is SOD ????
Old 8 Jan 2002, 13:44 (Ref:195443)   #19
Roselady3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by The Beer Baron

Who the hell is SOD ????
LMAO! Oppss-- bit of a slip-
OK-OK- Beer Barron!
(Next time I'm gonna change MY name & see how ya'all deal with that!)
Old 8 Jan 2002, 13:45 (Ref:195446)   #20
Joe Fan
Veteran

Beer Baron, I don't think NASCAR is affiliated with FIA. They used to be back in the 70's but I don't think they are any longer. If anyone is 100% sure one way or the other, please speak up.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 14:11 (Ref:195463)   #21
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
GGRRRRRR.

Im not gonna comment..im gonna sit this one out and calmly think about it instead of jumping in and ranting and raving about stuff.

GO KENNY GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

racing fans should be racing fans and thats it !!!!!!!!!
Old 8 Jan 2002, 14:13 (Ref:195465)   #22
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Sorry lee, I fat fingered that.

"You know, I don't get..." was what it was supposed to be.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 15:03 (Ref:195485)   #23
Lee
Racer

No problem KC, These confounded computers are enough to cause anybody grief. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 15:14 (Ref:195491)   #24
Lee
Racer

Joe Fan, I believe you are right, I think NASCAR told the FIA to take a hike back in the 80s. FIA is about as screwed up as can possibly be, and I think NASCAR got tired of them, and kicked them to the curb. The U.S. afilliate to FIA was called ACCUS, but everybody around NASCAR called them, very appropritely what they were/are JACCUS! FIA/JACCUS was holding NASCAR back, so they were ditched! Therefore that little scrap of FIA paper that these roller-skate drivers carry around in the pockets don't mean **** in NASCAR, in all likelyhood!

Last edited by Lee; 8 Jan 2002 at 15:15.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 15:31 (Ref:195496)   #25
The Beer Baron
Veteran

I'm not surprised that NASCAR told the FIA to take a hike, F1 is just about making billions for one man and one man only!

What's more disturbing is that the Daytona 500 might be tape delayed !