Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 30 Jul 2003, 08:58 (Ref:675054)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shelters

Not sure of this is the right forum but I need a paddock shelter 3 x 4.5m and whilst I'd like an E-Z one I'm reluctant to pay £400.00.

However the "garden store" type are cheap but flimsy.

Any suggestions peeps?
Old 30 Jul 2003, 09:04 (Ref:675058)   #2
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You won't get a proper quality E-Z up for £400! More like £1,000 with the sidewalls, protective bag.cover and leg weights...
Worth its wait in gold though as its easy to store, move and put up/take down.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 09:07 (Ref:675059)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not according to their website but I take your point.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 09:38 (Ref:675087)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Peter, what exactly do you have in mind? Do you just want an easy erect canopy, or something with walls etc.?
Old 30 Jul 2003, 09:39 (Ref:675088)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Have a look at this and tell me if it's the kind of thing you're looking for

http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/ac...zebos_268.html

Scroll down to the "pup weekender canopy"
Old 30 Jul 2003, 09:40 (Ref:675089)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well side walls would be nice but I have limited carrying capacity. My Cherokee can tow tonnes but it doesn't have much interior space.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 09:43 (Ref:675092)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Ok well the weekender might work - side walls are optional and it's designed to be sturdy. See what you think.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 09:44 (Ref:675094)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Where do I look?
Old 30 Jul 2003, 09:46 (Ref:675095)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin

http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/ac...zebos_268.html

Scroll down to the "pup weekender canopy"
Old 30 Jul 2003, 10:00 (Ref:675102)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Cool.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 11:28 (Ref:675156)   #11
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I have 4 EZ up type canopies, 3M sq. They were £150 each from Costco complete with 4 sides, they are called Caravan and are made in Mexico, cheap alternative but just as good. It's just a matter of luck wheather they get any in stock. A friend bought something similar for £50 each new from Ebay and frames are made from Ally. EZ ups are excessivly dear in the UK
Old 30 Jul 2003, 11:36 (Ref:675166)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well I've looked at the Weekender (thanks EP) and I already have something similar.

Can't get into Costco UK but a 3mx3m is $229.00 from the US and I'd need two. But its a thought.

Tried Chequered Flag and they sell a 3 x 4.5m at £450.00 plus VAT.

What category do I look at on E bay?
Old 30 Jul 2003, 11:42 (Ref:675179)   #13
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
type in 'gazebo' on the search in Ebay, there is a few in there at the moment. a couple are quite big ones
Old 30 Jul 2003, 11:53 (Ref:675191)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well,

I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 12:30 (Ref:675235)   #15
JR Ewing
Veteran

you get what you pay for and a pukka E-Z up made of steel is definitely the best
Old 30 Jul 2003, 13:36 (Ref:675314)   #16
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
JR Ewing, do you work for EZup?
Old 30 Jul 2003, 13:44 (Ref:675321)   #17
JR Ewing
Veteran

no, but a few years ago i thought they were too pricey so i bought a cheaper alternative. Soon realised it was sh*te and wouldn't stand up to usage, so sold it on at a loss. Then bought a Chequered flag. Very strong and sturdy, basically a market stall approach. Took ages to put up and take down, took up loads of space to carry, only really possible with a van or truck. Sold at a loss. Gave up, bought an E-Z from Mayflower marquees. Very sturdy, just about movable by one person, reliable and still perfect after six years or so...

With Vat, delivery, 4 sidewalls etc. etc. was about £1000. Don't think prices have moved much since.

Last edited by JR Ewing; 30 Jul 2003 at 13:45.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 14:31 (Ref:675350)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hmm,

They've got one 12" x 8" which looks ok. £350 + vat. Sidewalls bring it up to around £700.00

Have to give it some thought.
Old 30 Jul 2003, 14:59 (Ref:675370)   #19
JR Ewing
Veteran

bit small, recommed the more common 15' * 10' as even then you'll be surprised how little room there is with the car in.
One wet day at Snetterton and you won't regret buying the sidewalls neither!
Old 30 Jul 2003, 15:15 (Ref:675378)   #20
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah not gonna get much under something 12 inches by 8 inches Mr Mallett...!
Old 30 Jul 2003, 15:18 (Ref:675382)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hmm.

Size isn't important is it?

(Bloody Turkish keyboard?)