Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 16 Aug 2005, 11:57 (Ref:1383544)   #1
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Porsche Festival at Brands August Bank holly

Last year this meeting caused a considerable amount of grief amongst the marshalling team due to the amount of non-racing time that the meeting had.

This year I've been off and found the timetable well in advance (thank you PorscheClub GB). For everyones information and to help in the decision making process here's the link to it.

So, much as I like Porsches, this is one I'll be missing. Just 6 "races" (one is a sprint/speed event) on the Monday an' an awful lot of demo/passenger rides.
However, it does seem to have the longest lunchbreak I've ever seen on the Monday (1125-1400)
Old 16 Aug 2005, 12:19 (Ref:1383566)   #2
QuickBrownFox
Racer

United Kingdom
Hailsham, East Sussex
QuickBrownFox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm no great fan of Porsches (however you choose to pronounce it), but it does seem like a very good meeting from a spectator point of view. Let's hope the weather holds out both for them and any marshals keen enough to attend :-)
Old 16 Aug 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1383735)   #3
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems to be the same format as last year. A lot of standing around doing nothing whilst the parades go on. I have volunteered but I may be putting in my apologies. Thanks for the timetable link Al.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 16:27 (Ref:1383793)   #4
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and alternative to just sitting around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novice
Seems to be the same format as last year. A lot of standing around doing nothing whilst the parades go on. I have volunteered but I may be putting in my apologies. Thanks for the timetable link Al.
Anyone who does find themselves at a loose end may like to go to Rockingham instead?

Saturday = qualifying - 3/4hr lunch - 6 races (caterhams, ginettas, modified production saloons)
Sunday = bit of qualy - 3 races - 50min lunch - 5 more races (as above + westfields)
Monday - no racing, so off to to the pub to recover!
Old 16 Aug 2005, 16:30 (Ref:1383795)   #5
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepits!
Anyone who does find themselves at a loose end may like to go to Rockingham instead?

Saturday = qualifying - 3/4hr lunch - 6 races (caterhams, ginettas, modified production saloons)
Sunday = bit of qualy - 3 races - 50min lunch - 5 more races (as above + westfields)
Monday - no racing, so off to to the pub to recover!
I thought you were tea total.

They seem to short of marshals as Mum got tickets even though she never volunteered. She will be at Deadwood instead
Old 16 Aug 2005, 17:02 (Ref:1383835)   #6
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a serious Porker fan & ex 911 owner, Clerking at Silverstone on Saturday/Sunday then straight down to the trave Inn in Wrotham for a Bank Holiday Monday of drooling! Last year that nice Mr Gilbert put me on Post 24 & I was in my element.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 09:43 (Ref:1384438)   #7
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget there will be a BBQ at the end of Sunday's racing, in the scruteneering bay for all marshals. Please give Mildred an idea of numbers.
Old 17 Aug 2005, 10:01 (Ref:1384447)   #8
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
O/T - Rockingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarmarshal
I thought you were teetotal.
HaHa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarmarshal
They seem to short of marshals as Mum got tickets even though she never volunteered. She will be at Deadwood instead
So another comes off my list!
Funny, I don't remember volunteering for this meeting either (SCSA was meant to be in Germany).
Then I heard that DaveyH was appointed I/C Pits & S/L but he's up in Scotland (on the p*ss!), and now it appears to be me!