Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Nov 2009, 03:24 (Ref:2591520)   #1
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
BTCC & DTM on Speed TV from 5th Dec

I knew a while back that this was likely and I have to admit, I thought there would be a press release, but I can pass on the news that the 2009 British Touring Car Championship and the DTM will air on Speed TV in North America from Saturday 5th December.

It appears, each show will air twice with DTM at 12PM EST and BTCC at 1PM EST on Saturday, and an encore a few days later at 2/3am EST (Note, not everyone gets Speed overnight).

see http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/search/Touring

My understanding is, the BTCC will be the ITV highlights coverage with Tim Harvey and Ben Edwards...and will feature my grid graphics featuring the cars from Ten-Tenths BTCC Spotter Guide.

Now a serious point. If you appreciate this, make sure you send an email to SpeedTV thanking them!

andy
Old 3 Dec 2009, 01:08 (Ref:2593173)   #2
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for the update Andy, found WTCC on comcast network here but the quality is really bad. Glad to see Speed knows some of us love overseas racing and something new to watch over the winter.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 03:25 (Ref:2593205)   #3
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's great to hear! IIRC, the BTCC, DTM and V8 supercars wasn't shown on Speed last year.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 16:07 (Ref:2593473)   #4
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
dont think they have been on Speed for a couple of years.
Old 5 Dec 2009, 17:18 (Ref:2594505)   #5
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, there ya go, that's now then, on Speed.

Cheers,
Old 5 Dec 2009, 18:17 (Ref:2594530)   #6
kmchow
Veteran

But I noticed there's no WTCC or V8 Supercars. And using the "alternative" methods haven't been too fruitful.
Old 5 Dec 2009, 19:14 (Ref:2594549)   #7
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be greatful for what you get. I bet if it was up to SPEED they might not show anything at all.

Anyway, good that you guys across the pond get to see stuff like the BTCC. I think it is one of the strongest race series you'll find outside America.
Old 6 Dec 2009, 06:54 (Ref:2594749)   #8
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchow View Post
But I noticed there's no WTCC or V8 Supercars. And using the "alternative" methods haven't been too fruitful.

v8 supercars is or will be on Speed
Old 7 Dec 2009, 08:43 (Ref:2595327)   #9
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchow View Post
does bigpondtv.com/v8 work outside Australia for the V8s???
Old 7 Dec 2009, 16:43 (Ref:2595565)   #10
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dunno V8, will have to try that. Wow, that Brit touring car is a hoot. Good stuff.

SPEED Programming Feedback
Old 7 Dec 2009, 23:06 (Ref:2595800)   #11
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really enjoyed it. I got to watch some BTCC this year over the Internet, but it's even better on TV. Ben Edwards' commentary makes the show, obviously :P

Absolutely fantastic racing, as expected. Everyone's entitled to their own favorite series and such, but I much prefer BTCC to any American tin top series.

I'm so glad SPEED's showing it. It helps in the off-season and it's just great racing.

I can't wait for more DTM, BTCC, and the V8s on SPEED.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 23:23 (Ref:2595812)   #12
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
dont forget the btcc spotter guides at www.spotterguides.com will help some BTCC newbies

(note, this is the end of season guide, so Vaulkhard livery has changed + Shedden + a few driver swaps)
Old 19 Dec 2009, 18:37 (Ref:2602451)   #13
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Donington Park rounds on Speed.
Old 9 Jan 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2610536)   #14
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Jan 9, 2010 1:00 PM ET Scheduled BTCC Croft

Original thread if anyone stateside's interested, SPOILERS though:
[BTCC] Races 13, 14 & 15 - Croft, North Yorkshire - 14th June 2009
Old 10 Jan 2010, 11:44 (Ref:2610942)   #15
Parramatta_Power
Rookie

Australia
You Know, You Know...
Parramatta_Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the SPEED Channel broadcasted outsiude of the USA??? Just curious.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 12:59 (Ref:2610984)   #16
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
I dunno Parramatta, try this thread maybe: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120255
Old 23 Jan 2010, 14:21 (Ref:2618069)   #17
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Jan 23, 2010 Noon ET Scheduled DTM Brands Hatch Indy circuit;

et, 1:00 PM ET BTCC Knockhill.

Original thread if anyone stateside's interested, SPOILERS though:
[BTCC] Races 19, 20 & 21 - Knockhill, Fife - 16th August 2009.

A great days racin' that, Knockhill was.
Old 25 Jan 2010, 04:18 (Ref:2618900)   #18
kmchow
Veteran

I missed DTM Rounds 3/4 originally, then again when they did an encore rerun last Fri. The website didn't seem to have any info about the encore rerun or any other info!
Old 5 Feb 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2627386)   #19
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Dunno if anyone stateside is even the least bit interested, but SPEEDTV schedule tomorrow is IIRC a no holds barred sort of BTCC affair at Rockingham, and then DTM at Dijon-Prenois - isn't it usually the other way round? best check your local listings - anyway, a fabulous circuit and FWIW the 09 cars were even steven in terms of ballast.

Original threads *SPOILERS*

Feb 6, 2010 1:00 ET Scheduled BTCC Rockingham
[BTCC] Races 25, 26 & 27 - Rockingham, Northamptionshire, 20th September 2009

et, 2:00 PM ET DTM Dijon-Prenois
[DTM] Race 9 - Dijon-Prenois (FRA), 11th Oct 2009

And that's all there is about it, Go Saints!

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 5 Feb 2010 at 18:09.

Tags
btcc, dtm