Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Dec 2018, 19:15 (Ref:3870313)   #2201
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Plato User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
I think that the Subarus being given this penalty to nullify any advantage they had just echo's Sceptic's point that they are not hiding potential, without this I would imagine the Subarus would have been far more dominant, especially 2017 and well ahead of Honda on results over last 3 years.

For all of the accusation of Honda bias, they have had a new car to learn, and did have their boost turned right down in 2017. also worth noting that high proportion of these wins had come from Eurotech and Norlin now anyway

Well its well publicised that Gow and Jason don't get on,
I can't put the other reason for the honda on here as its potentially libellous,
Cause its not as well known as the gow and jason thing.
Old 14 Dec 2018, 19:16 (Ref:3870314)   #2202
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer65 View Post
He said in MSN that he was disappointed to lose his seat so it doesn't sound like it was 100% his decision.

That seat was his if he wanted it,

not a question of not being able to pay for it, more a medical one,
Old 14 Dec 2018, 19:24 (Ref:3870316)   #2203
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
The picture I can see shows the ex palmer car in a workshop with Moffat and 16 on it.
It is on the Maximum TCT page with Aidens initial comment being:
"Well.. now that I have acquired both Infinities I would be happy to speak to drivers who are interest in racing in this championship"

followed by:
"Very surprising how good these cars actually are after getting our BTCC engineering team to have a proper look at them "
dont forget bob moffat owns a1 race and restoration, prep company for race and classic cars. so probably prepping them for others to drive as pay drivers. Knowing how Bob is a shrewd businessman he probably made derek palmer snr a offer he could not refuse for the cars, bearing in mind he provided palmer with transport and hospitality trucks during aiden's tcruk outings. when aiden was there it was the 2 laser artics, afterwards it went back to derek's old 5th wheel trailer and navara pickup
Old 14 Dec 2018, 19:37 (Ref:3870317)   #2204
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Jake Hill: I rate the lad for many reasons, his driving ability being only one. If you look how well he did in his odd RAR appearances - with no seat time prior to the Saturday practice - he was on par with Rob Austin. Now Austin admittedly isn't anything like the best driver, but to get a horrible car on to the same pace - or a bit better - than a guy with tons of seat time takes skill.

The year Jake and Mike Epps ran in Tony's old spec, old build overweight Avensis (not a dig at the car, Tony would agree with the description) those two boys massively punched iver their weight. The cars really were outclassed, I seriously doubt JP or Matt Neal in their prime would have wrung much more out of them.

Admittedly he never got on with the VW, but neither did anyone other than Bushy, and then only after Kingston was sent packing.

So, yes, Jake deserves to be in BTCC on merit. I hope Shauns boys can improve the A3 as it has never shown much other than the odd flash of brilliance with Ollie at the wheel.
Old 14 Dec 2018, 19:40 (Ref:3870318)   #2205
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post

As I understand the advice was not to race and Rob was sensibly taking the advice. Dick has filled the seat not expecting Rob back and Rob not expecting Rob back either. Maybe the medical advice had subsequently changed?
Old 14 Dec 2018, 19:48 (Ref:3870320)   #2206
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
As I understand the advice was not to race and Rob was sensibly taking the advice. Dick has filled the seat not expecting Rob back and Rob not expecting Rob back either. Maybe the medical advice had subsequently changed?
wasn't cleared to do his rallying which might have an effect on his decision,
But the seat was there if he wanted hence why he had his boy in the car end of the season,
Old 14 Dec 2018, 20:00 (Ref:3870328)   #2207
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

So why does he say that he's back on the BTCC market and also looking at GT drives? Does his medical condition only stop him driving BMW's then?
Old 14 Dec 2018, 20:21 (Ref:3870334)   #2208
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
wasn't cleared to do his rallying which might have an effect on his decision,
If he's not cleared for rallying he's not cleared for racing - there's no difference in the medical requirements.
It certainly sounds like Rob will be competing in something next year so it's not a medical decision to quit WSR.

Quote:
But the seat was there if he wanted hence why he had his boy in the car end of the season,
That was more a case of "the seat was paid for so he might as well stick his son in it if he can't use it".
Old 14 Dec 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3870343)   #2209
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
The point I might not have got across is that the medical advice may have changed AFTER Dick and Rob had agreed not to continue. i.e. can't race, Dick signs another driver, medical advice then changes to can race.

Only Dick and Rob know the full S.P.
Old 14 Dec 2018, 20:38 (Ref:3870345)   #2210
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does it really matter in the end ?

fact is he won't be with WSR and highly unlikely with any other team this BTCC season
Old 14 Dec 2018, 20:39 (Ref:3870346)   #2211
3marinadrive
Rookie

3marinadrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Jake was never going to be in a Civic as Trade Price Cars Racing do not own any Hondas, they only have Audis. AmD is merely the team providing the preparation and on-track support.

It is good to see Jake back in the championship but with 2019 being his 6th season he will need to prove he can improve his results.
Not sure where you get six seasons from....!

He did a one-off in S2000 in 2013 with Motorbase, the final round of 2013 with RAR in the A4, then it wasn't till the final race of 2015 he did another one-off...

Two full seasons in 2016 & 2017 then half of 2018....

So I reckon that's nearly three seasons OVER a six year period....

But it's a great platform for him - speaking with those close to him he's hugely motivated to get the most out of the S3 and himself
Old 14 Dec 2018, 21:10 (Ref:3870352)   #2212
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He has competed in 6 seasons, that doesn't mean he has 6 years experience.
Old 14 Dec 2018, 21:23 (Ref:3870355)   #2213
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
does it really matter in the end ?

fact is he won't be with WSR and highly unlikely with any other team this BTCC season

He could buy a seat anywhere up and down the pit lane if he wanted to and was well enough to,
Old 14 Dec 2018, 23:28 (Ref:3870375)   #2214
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Random speculation. Has anybody seen Rob driving anything? After a severe concussion is possible to have subsequent seizures in the hours/days/weeks following. If this is the case then doctors orders (and dvla, and I guess Motorsport UK) no driving any for of vehicle on highway (or competition) for a period of 12 months from date of last episode. I have experience of this.

So my hypothesis is that he may not have been medically cleared for the full season, but could be clear to compete later in the year. This doesn't suit BMW or WSRs plan to retain the title, so better for the team to have a driver in the car all year than swap towards the latter half.

But again just speculation as its really a matter for Rob and his GP. It'd be great to see him back out whenever that may be.
Old 15 Dec 2018, 06:20 (Ref:3870410)   #2215
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopAlong View Post
Do we take the fact the Oliphant/WSR announcement had the BMW livery on the car as BMW UK staying? The Autosport article I read didn't mention Team BMW, just WSR. Teams are usually hot on it when it comes to not giving newly departed sponsors free exposure.
In an interview after the signing was announced, Oliphant referred to 'Team BMW' extensively.
Old 15 Dec 2018, 08:09 (Ref:3870425)   #2216
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Random speculation. Has anybody seen Rob driving anything? After a severe concussion is possible to have subsequent seizures in the hours/days/weeks following. If this is the case then doctors orders (and dvla, and I guess Motorsport UK) no driving any for of vehicle on highway (or competition) for a period of 12 months from date of last episode. I have experience of this.

So my hypothesis is that he may not have been medically cleared for the full season, but could be clear to compete later in the year. This doesn't suit BMW or WSRs plan to retain the title, so better for the team to have a driver in the car all year than swap towards the latter half.

But again just speculation as its really a matter for Rob and his GP. It'd be great to see him back out whenever that may be.
Also, for a 50 year old guy who has been racing for 30 odd years (with a lot of them stock cars) he's probably had a few concussions.
Old 15 Dec 2018, 08:18 (Ref:3870426)   #2217
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
He could buy a seat anywhere up and down the pit lane if he wanted to and was well enough to,
At the end of the 2018 season, he said that they needed more sponsors on board if all 3 Collards were to drive in 2019.
He also said that his own drive would be 3rd priority.

So when he says they are looking at options, it's as a family, not just individually.
Old 15 Dec 2018, 09:26 (Ref:3870438)   #2218
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
At the end of the 2018 season, he said that they needed more sponsors on board if all 3 Collards were to drive in 2019.
He also said that his own drive would be 3rd priority.

So when he says they are looking at options, it's as a family, not just individually.
He doesn't need more sponsors, look in to it he's well off enough to not need any sponsors, its the kids that need them.
Old 15 Dec 2018, 09:37 (Ref:3870446)   #2219
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm out of this forum for good. Seem the report I read the other day in the press that forums have declined to the level that only asperger sufferers use them seem to be true.

Got to the stage where every single thing has too be spelled out in exact terms and sarcasm flies ten feet over everyones heads.

Chow.
Old 15 Dec 2018, 09:41 (Ref:3870449)   #2220
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
To be fair it's hard to read sarcasm in text
Old 15 Dec 2018, 13:09 (Ref:3870484)   #2221
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
He doesn't need more sponsors, look in to it he's well off enough to not need any sponsors, its the kids that need them.
Rob has a certain pot of money available for spending on racing - whether that's used on him or his kids is the question. The more he spends on his kids racing the less he has and vice versa - it's a question for Rob on priorities now. But the fact that he's looking at GT and BTCC options suggest he's not hanging up his own helmet just yet.
Old 15 Dec 2018, 13:41 (Ref:3870492)   #2222
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer65 View Post
I'm out of this forum for good. Seem the report I read the other day in the press that forums have declined to the level that only asperger sufferers use them seem to be true.

Got to the stage where every single thing has too be spelled out in exact terms and sarcasm flies ten feet over everyones heads.

Chow.
I does seem be have got as poisonous as Westminster. Maybe it’s a British thing?
Old 15 Dec 2018, 13:50 (Ref:3870498)   #2223
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
best way to change a forum? good posters post and engage more to dilute the nonsense whilst the moderators try and keep it shipshape. otherwise all you’re left with is a twitter style echo chamber.

i love this thread. it’s proper silly season stuff where remote connections are spotted, raised, debated, then mocked. there’s also some decent discussion in here too. it’s not a thread to be taken too seriously...
Old 15 Dec 2018, 15:08 (Ref:3870512)   #2224
Plato
Rookie

Netherlands
Patagonia
not as toxic as the motorsport.com comment sections
Old 15 Dec 2018, 16:11 (Ref:3870521)   #2225
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting that Aiden Moffat Racing have bought the Infinitis, possibly to run in TCT.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk