Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Mar 2003, 16:17 (Ref:524583)   #1
coxmattycox
Racer

coxmattycox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
brands

My dad just brought us some touring car tickets and now cause cart are at brands ITS DOUBLE THE PRICE!!
when we go to see the btcc

RIP OFF
and ps places like paddock hill are all sold out !
but they have bult a new stand next to it!
FECK its going to be busy!
Old 4 Mar 2003, 20:49 (Ref:524825)   #2
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's always another Brands BTCC round in August...
Old 4 Mar 2003, 21:10 (Ref:524840)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
er of course it's twice the price. rip off i think not, you get to see seriously powerful cars at brands hatch.

methinks you'd be asking why they weren't at brands if they weren't...
Old 4 Mar 2003, 21:17 (Ref:524854)   #4
J.P.Cooper
Rookie

J.P.Cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't your dad buy your ticket for you?? That is seriously good value for money if you ask me!! Think of all of us who have to buy our own BTCC tickets!!!
Old 5 Mar 2003, 07:23 (Ref:525304)   #5
KPC
Racer

England
Well below that pie in the sky
KPC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are always extra bits of scaffolding and seats floating round at Brands but they are never used, however biz it gets. If the crowds are anticipated to be that big, why are they only using the Indy circuit? I'll believe it when I see it. If it does get that crowded parking 'll be a real pain in the bum as well. Perhaps Brands should be wary... less is more. I can't ever say I've ever knowingly met a cart fanatic; it's not F1 after all. If they stick prices up it may only serve to alienate the touring car fans and it'll be interesting to see how large a UK based Cart following is. We'll see on the day I suppose. Can you ask your Dad to buy me a ticket?
Old 5 Mar 2003, 15:28 (Ref:525743)   #6
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by coxmattycox
My dad just brought us some touring car tickets and now cause cart are at brands ITS DOUBLE THE PRICE!!
when we go to see the btcc

RIP OFF
and ps places like paddock hill are all sold out !
but they have bult a new stand next to it!
FECK its going to be busy!
So you're complaining that you get to see a CART race, and that you yourself didn't pay for it? That is but a dream for me, seeing CART and BTCC at the same time....or seperately....at all.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 5 Mar 2003, 23:47 (Ref:526148)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
exactly. i don't see the problem myself... if you don't like it go to the one later in the year...
Old 6 Mar 2003, 13:05 (Ref:526564)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
To answer your question ref the Indy Circuit, I think it is because the work being done on the GP loop won't be finished in time for the CART meeting. As I understand it, the contract with Brands is for 5 years, the last 4 will be run on the GP circuit.

The Paddock Hill granstand was always going to be sold out very quickly as it affords the best view of almost the whole circuit. I would expect them to erect more temporary stands al-la the GP and WSB before the meeting so keep your eyes peeled or ring Brands to ask. A good place to watch would be the dip after Paddock Hill Bend, or Druids hairpin, not to mention Clark Curve.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 10:26 (Ref:527558)   #9
Andy Metcalf
Racer

England
Kings Lynn, Norfolk UK
Andy Metcalf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have they one anything to Druids? I did read somewhere that they were going to widen the approach to the corner from the exit of Paddock Hill.

"Tomorrow, is what you make it"
Old 7 Mar 2003, 11:10 (Ref:527609)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
They haven't done anything to the track there but they have removed the grass 'hump' on the inside centre of the hairpin. The first part of the gravel trap at Paddock Hill bend has been tarmac'd. That's the part just after the ambulance gate.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 17:15 (Ref:527927)   #11
KPC
Racer

England
Mystery solved... not alot of point sticking carts round the Indy circuit. Okay, okay, Indy got it's name for the fact that there was a point at one time. But single seaters don't really get alot of overtaking opportunities on the Indy Circuit. Been a few years since a good crash at Paddock... they're all to careful these days. Mind, it got so dull that in later times we all make for the bar, so I could be wrong?

I think seating is a problem at Brands. There are many places where a stand would be a good thing. Take Halewood up to Driuds. As has just been mentioned, it is a good place to view, but how much more track would you see with some height. Plus you'd get more people packed in and stacked so that there are no heads in the way. A couple of years back there was a stand there but it was never used on tourer meetings. Think it was something to do with the F1 bid? But Paddock is always full so there is something to be said for a stands value.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 17:22 (Ref:527932)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Probably there for the WSBK event. It did indeed look like an excellent vantage point too
Old 7 Mar 2003, 17:46 (Ref:527958)   #13
pauldavid
Racer

pauldavid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stands are for girlies,you lazy lot, don't you like to get up close and taste the gravel. I have noticed more and more people bringing more and more equpment with them tents,hamocks,tables, bbqs,they need more room just to fit all the extra gear in. The best thing about standing in a crowd is you are part of the event and its amazing how many conversations start. When something happens you tend to turn to whoever is beside you and before you know it you have made some new friends, stuck up in the stands, yes you get a good view but with our good old weather you are likely to either burn to a cinder or more likely drown and float away down the steps.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 18:34 (Ref:527988)   #14
KPC
Racer

England
I remember being at the WSB at Donnington a few years back and it was so hot I spent all day squinting from the Start/finish stand and then down at Melbourne. When I got home it looked like I was wearing a bat mask in negative. By the way, they're laughter lines I have, not crows feet.

But point taken, alot of people do make a picnic out of it...
Remember getting quite aggressive with a bloke who had a golfing umbrella up in front of me (and about 60 other people sitting behind him)in the Paddock enclosure, scoffing stuff from a cold store box.... whic is daft coz it's always p***ing down and freezing at Brands. Then there's a bloke opposite with a little telly watching the F1. Then there's always bits of burger and pools of coffee on the seats and a really really really big boned fat person to your left totally blocking your view of the straight while sitting on half yer seat... makes yer feel like asking them for £5. Then the family of 12 who want to get up one by one every 30 seconds for booze and burgers and to stick their less savoury body parts an inch from yer face. Solution: rob a bank and join the VIP Club!!
Old 14 Mar 2003, 21:59 (Ref:536446)   #15
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
25 nicker to go and see the Toca tour paddock as well.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 06:59 (Ref:536677)   #16
KPC
Racer

England
If ya can get a ticket. Myself and co. always get Paddock seats... mainly for the feature race. Feel a bit peed off that the rounds are support to cart and that the prices have doubled and the seats gone. We've been invaded and shoved out the way. and why shouldn't we feel proprietorial?
Old 15 Mar 2003, 10:13 (Ref:536791)   #17
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I find this whole thread very amusing. How many times has someone suggested that the BTCC should be a support at the British GP again.

£40 may be expensive but it's nothing compared to what you'd pay to see the GP.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 12:37 (Ref:536892)   #18
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ye and at the British Grand Prix you don't see the BTCC, Clios, F Renault, F Ford, but you see porsches at both, so the CART meeting is alot more value for money!
Old 15 Mar 2003, 12:55 (Ref:536910)   #19
KPC
Racer

England
That's fair enough if ya going for cart. I used to get F1 tickets cheap as my ex-wife worked/s for Canon who sponsored Williams a while back... and they were still about £60/70 in the early 90s. I'm not a frugle man, but it's silly money. Example: I have two day tickets including pit lane for Mondello. 31 quid. Okay, it'll cost a fortune to get there but should you live in Dublin it's a bargain. Take the arguement that's been raging in other threads: BTCC is downgrading. The record crowds (as reported) grew during the ST days. I myself do not think I'd traipse 200 miles for a production meeting... and certainly not for twice the price of the ST/TC days.
Old 16 Mar 2003, 14:43 (Ref:538090)   #20
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if you think its too dear for a ticket price...........buy a Octagon season pass.......and then you will get in for free , as well as all the other btcc races at Snett , Outlon , Brands and Silverstone.........

Last edited by Sato san; 16 Mar 2003 at 14:46.
Old 16 Mar 2003, 16:24 (Ref:538157)   #21
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but not into the toca paddock!
Old 16 Mar 2003, 20:13 (Ref:538298)   #22
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But after you've been to the TOCA paddock once, you've seen it all. There's only so many times you can see the same cars and be squashed in the same pitlane walkabout without getting tired of it all. You're better off waiting for the autograph hunters to go to the paddock and grabbing a good spot to spectate from!
Old 16 Mar 2003, 20:33 (Ref:538307)   #23
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have my Octagon Season Pass, so that means I get in for free. Does anyone know if you will be able to pick up paddock passes over the race weekend?

As I am new to the BTCC and big time race meetings and I would like to have good look round the paddock.

Last edited by rdjones; 16 Mar 2003 at 20:34.
Old 16 Mar 2003, 20:52 (Ref:538328)   #24
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Dunno about you, Maisie, but I for one would want to get in to the outer paddock to catch up with a few people, say hello, etc. If it is true that you have to buy a 25 quid ticket to get access to the outer paddock (not the CART paddock!) then it is a blatant rip off. The 40 quid price tag for entry is more than acceptable given what is on the bill but it's not on to expect another 25 quid just to get in to the paddock.
Old 16 Mar 2003, 20:58 (Ref:538337)   #25
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just to check we do get in for free with our season passes, as everything seems a little confussing to me.

Because I have said above I am new at this motor racing game, while attend meetings anyway, as I am turning from a armchair fan into a trackside fan this year

Last edited by rdjones; 16 Mar 2003 at 21:00.