Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Mar 2021, 15:07 (Ref:4042461)   #51
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
https://sportscar365.com/other-serie...g-round-entry/

Nürburgring Langstrecken-Serie round 1:

#99 Rowe - Nicky Catsburg, Philipp Eng, John Edwards.
#98 Rowe - Sheldon van der Linde, Marco Wittmann, Connor de Phillippi.
Old 26 Mar 2021, 18:31 (Ref:4043155)   #52
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This sounds nice

https://twitter.com/NickYelloly/stat...778898952?s=19
Old 29 Mar 2021, 17:58 (Ref:4043779)   #53
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
M4 to debut this year in NLS and GT World Challenge.

https://sportscar365.com/industry/bm...ing-this-year/
Old 29 Mar 2021, 22:20 (Ref:4043823)   #54
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
M4 to debut this year in NLS and GT World Challenge.

https://sportscar365.com/industry/bm...ing-this-year/
Excellent news! Looking forward to seeing how it fares ahead of what will probably be multiple entries in GTWCE next year.
Old 30 Mar 2021, 14:44 (Ref:4043917)   #55
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Excellent news! Looking forward to seeing how it fares ahead of what will probably be multiple entries in GTWCE next year.
And Intercontinental GT. One of the reasons to run it early is to get it BoP'd in time for Bathurst 2022.
Old 30 Mar 2021, 15:10 (Ref:4043925)   #56
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bring it to Brands Hatch in August, please BMW... Oh well, won't happen, but would be nice to see it. Will watch the progress on the Nordschleife with interest...
Old 30 Mar 2021, 21:27 (Ref:4043981)   #57
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCherry View Post
Bring it to Brands Hatch in August, please BMW... Oh well, won't happen, but would be nice to see it. Will watch the progress on the Nordschleife with interest...
Endurance testing races only i think?
Old 30 Mar 2021, 21:30 (Ref:4043982)   #58
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
And Intercontinental GT. One of the reasons to run it early is to get it BoP'd in time for Bathurst 2022.
Yes well said, i read that too.

Should we expect there to be an American based presence for the cars perhaps even running IMSA GTD as well as Intercontinental SRO?
Old 30 Mar 2021, 22:23 (Ref:4043990)   #59
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes well said, i read that too.

Should we expect there to be an American based presence for the cars perhaps even running IMSA GTD as well as Intercontinental SRO?
Got to imagine that IMSA GTD PRO, IGTC, DTM, N24, will be at the top of the priority list for 2022
Old 31 Mar 2021, 08:06 (Ref:4044021)   #60
Baliwa
Racer

Baliwa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://note.com/studiebob/n/n00d88eeac41b
As per confirmation from Japanese Samurai on SuperGT thread, Team Studie become first ever customer for M4 GT3.

The debut race of M4 GT3 has already been decided, but it cannot be made clear because current world situation (Covid) but I think it related with GTWC and NLS race.

On that post stated BMW test with various tire brand that not happened on M6 GT3 so they trying make car performance on every tire are similar I guess.
Old 31 Mar 2021, 09:12 (Ref:4044028)   #61
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Endurance testing races only i think?
Yes, I'm sure that'll be the case, just wishful thinking on my part! If I was BMW, I certainly wouldn't be bringing it over to the UK for a couple of sprint races either!
Old 31 Mar 2021, 12:45 (Ref:4044052)   #62
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Got to imagine that IMSA GTD PRO, IGTC, DTM, N24, will be at the top of the priority list for 2022
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/b...d-pro-program/
Old 20 May 2021, 23:40 (Ref:4052464)   #63
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The #96 Turner BMW M6 of Bill Auberlen and Robby Foley won GT Daytona class at the IMSA WeatherTech race at Mid-Ohio.
Old 20 May 2021, 23:43 (Ref:4052465)   #64
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
2021 Nürburgring 24 Hours entries:

* #1 Rowe: Nick Catsburg, John Edwards, Philipp Eng, Nick Yelloly.
* #98 Rowe: Connor de Phillippi, Martin Tomczyk, Sheldon van der Linde, Marco Wittmann.
* #20 Schubert: Jesse Krohn, Jens Klingmann, Stef Dusseldorp, Alexander Sims.
* #77 BMW Junior: Dan Harper, Max Hesse, Neil Verhagen, Augusto Farfus.

Last edited by NaBUru38; 20 May 2021 at 23:55.
Old 20 May 2021, 23:56 (Ref:4052467)   #65
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
2021 DTM entries:

* Rowe: Timo Glock, Sheldon van der Linde.
* Walkenhorst: Marco Wittmann.
Old 5 Jun 2021, 18:30 (Ref:4054737)   #66
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Surprised the new M4 GT3 is longer than the M6 GT3:

BMW M4 GT3 vs BMW M6 GT3
Length: 5,020mm – 4,975mm
Width: 2,040mm – 2,046mm
Height: 1,308mm (variable) – 1,308mm (variable)
Wheelbase: 2,917mm – 2,901mm
Wheel size: 12.5 x 18 inch, front/ 13 x 18 inch, rear – 13 x 18 inch, front/ 13 x 18 inch, rear

Source: http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...ace-debut.html
Old 5 Jun 2021, 21:33 (Ref:4054768)   #67
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do next gen gt3 cars need to keep the road chassis?
Because according to various sources, street 2021 bmw m4 wheelbase is
112.5in long (2858mm).
I expect also other manufacturers would find a way to enlong their upcoming gt3 to 5m. A long car has unquestionable undercar aero advantages
Old 7 Jun 2021, 13:30 (Ref:4055130)   #68
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
The tendency cannot be good for close racing, OEM budgets, etc. Why is this allowed? For decades FIA watched these same tendencies ruin things and they keep letting it happen.
When GTEs grew huge almost Bosozoku-style diffusers a few years ago to the point that Porsche had to develop a mid-engined 911, it was obvious then the class is headed towards a fiery demise. GT3's next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Surprised the new M4 GT3 is longer than the M6 GT3:
It's even longer than the BMW Meme8 GTE! BMW's compact coupe racer is the length of a current gen Dodge Challenger.

Last edited by Pandamasque; 7 Jun 2021 at 13:36.
Old 7 Jun 2021, 17:32 (Ref:4055194)   #69
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sigh... and here I was hoping for a small nimble car ala Z4...
But then again, even the M3/M4 road cars are huge, comparable in size and weight to the 5 series of old.
Old 8 Jun 2021, 13:04 (Ref:4055289)   #70
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It looks so much better than the roadcar. I wish it sounded better though.
Old 8 Jun 2021, 17:17 (Ref:4055329)   #71
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
It looks so much better than the roadcar. I wish it sounded better though.
Does BMW have a large fan base outside of Germany? I think their big hulky looking cars with the quiet noise has kept the vehicles from being spectacular from a sportscar standpoint. Thus keeping t hem from having a large loyal fan base in racing terms. I can't imagine they have a fan bases anywhere near Porsche or Corvette or Ferrari levels.
Old 8 Jun 2021, 21:59 (Ref:4055357)   #72
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Does BMW have a large fan base outside of Germany? I think their big hulky looking cars with the quiet noise has kept the vehicles from being spectacular from a sportscar standpoint. Thus keeping t hem from having a large loyal fan base in racing terms. I can't imagine they have a fan bases anywhere near Porsche or Corvette or Ferrari levels.
America likes them? Or BMW really wants America to like them judging by the consistent works/semi works presemce over the decades?
Old 9 Jun 2021, 14:16 (Ref:4055417)   #73
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
The 4 Series is 4.77 m long. Then if you add splitters, diffusers and rear wing, you can't expect a small car.
Old 9 Jun 2021, 21:00 (Ref:4055456)   #74
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The 4 Series is 4.77 m long. Then if you add splitters, diffusers and rear wing, you can't expect a small car.
But you'd expect it to be smaller than the M6 let alone the M8 GTE. I can't wait for the memes.
Old 9 Jun 2021, 22:16 (Ref:4055461)   #75
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
America likes them? Or BMW really wants America to like them judging by the consistent works/semi works presemce over the decades?
There is a fan base I'm sure but I'm sure Corvette C8R dwars the BMW M8 in terms of this. What engine noises did we talk about. Ford, Porsche, and Corvette we always loved. BMW never got any mention. Quiet is boring in auto racing.