Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Jun 2021, 09:36 (Ref:4056801)   #901
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Wonder how it works with ticket agencies? I just don't see how, like Ayse says, given the credit note situation, how any camping or tribune tickets can go on sale.

Surely there are way more credit notes than availability.
On the ticket agency front the last communication from 1st Tickets was on 11 June and a lot of it basically was honest enough to say (and I paraphrase) 'we don't know what we'll be able to offer you, it'll almost certainly be different to what you asked for, once you think you know what you want to do, let us know and we'll try to accommodate, but it'll probably take us a bit of time to process everything'.

I've got a lot of sympathy for the agencies - and the more I think about it the balance of probability is rolling my booking forward to 2022 is the most likely eventuality.
Old 17 Jun 2021, 09:38 (Ref:4056802)   #902
24hrmans
Rookie

24hrmans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Camping offered are Blue nord, Epinettes and Houx Annexe.
I have now 1 spot on Epinettes in my basket. Countdown clock for booking is ticking. But can't add grandstand or even general admission.
Old 17 Jun 2021, 09:47 (Ref:4056803)   #903
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hrmans View Post
Camping offered are Blue nord, Epinettes and Houx Annexe.
I have now 1 spot on Epinettes in my basket. Countdown clock for booking is ticking. But can't add grandstand or even general admission.
I can only get error messages on camping. If you can get a camping pitch ont your basket take it. Will be gold dust and super easy to sell to forumers. I'd buy one right now if I could.
Old 17 Jun 2021, 09:48 (Ref:4056804)   #904
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, this year's Le Mans compo is now for the first person to actually complete their booking on the ACO website!

Sorry to joke, but.....
Old 17 Jun 2021, 09:50 (Ref:4056805)   #905
24hrmans
Rookie

aaargh,
Tried to secure the camping. Pressed booking and got kicked out.
Old 17 Jun 2021, 09:56 (Ref:4056806)   #906
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I feel your pain, but sadly, I expected it....
Old 17 Jun 2021, 10:06 (Ref:4056807)   #907
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A friend of mine is booking for us. He got errors when adding camping and grandstand to the order. So he split the booking, at least we have General Entrance tickets now. Adviced by the ACO he will try to get camping and grandstand later today.

Edit: lucky us. We now also have camping tickets for Houx Annexe

Last edited by Richard117; 17 Jun 2021 at 10:16.
Old 17 Jun 2021, 10:08 (Ref:4056808)   #908
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, at least you can get in, that's something!
Old 17 Jun 2021, 10:10 (Ref:4056809)   #909
24hrmans
Rookie

pff: back in and now get the message "The amount of selected places exceeds the remaining availability" on any campsite.

Nice process
Old 17 Jun 2021, 10:15 (Ref:4056810)   #910
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It now appears that ticketing has been postponed until tomorrow. (I have a message from James).
Old 17 Jun 2021, 10:15 (Ref:4056811)   #911
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
pff: back in and now get the message "The amount of selected places exceeds the remaining availability" on any campsite.

Nice process
Well, I would have put safe money on that happening, to be honest.....
Old 17 Jun 2021, 10:30 (Ref:4056812)   #912
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It now appears that ticketing has been postponed until tomorrow. (I have a message from James).
true....
Old 17 Jun 2021, 10:35 (Ref:4056813)   #913
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I've got a lot of sympathy for the agencies - and the more I think about it the balance of probability is rolling my booking forward to 2022 is the most likely eventuality.
Indeed. I wonder if the agencies got a refund themselves from the ACO for 2020 (assuming they have to pay up front to secure tickets for their customers) or they are also expecting a letter in the post...

I don't think there is any danger of the ACO not selling 50k tickets direct for 2021, so no income for agencies this year's event either.
Old 17 Jun 2021, 14:55 (Ref:4056862)   #914
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
'Postponed' or abandoned......
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 17 Jun 2021, 15:31 (Ref:4056866)   #915
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So pleased we had a credit for last years race so don't need to go through the palaver of the website this year!
Old 18 Jun 2021, 08:01 (Ref:4056940)   #916
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy morning everyone. I jumped onto the site 15mins early using a direct link from yesterday. Pages were all live - camping ordered. 'Should' be getting GE and GS via credit note.

Downside - our ferry got cancelled last night. It might be a blessing as you can only get into the camp site on Wednesday morning anyway.
Old 18 Jun 2021, 08:28 (Ref:4056944)   #917
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Good news, well done! Interesting about the ferry. When were you due to go over?
Old 18 Jun 2021, 08:40 (Ref:4056945)   #918
Lutzvic
Racer

Dear All,

it was a troublesome ordering but I managed to buy 3 tickets for the race...as I have my voucher as well (which are visible under the menu 'my command') as soon I will receive my e tickets for the voucher I can offer the 3 tickets to anyone in the forum. Of course for the face value I just bought them to be on the safe side if the voucher-way does not work.
Old 18 Jun 2021, 08:55 (Ref:4056948)   #919
24hrmans
Rookie

Exited and nervous. My first Le mans and it probably will be a strange one.

I was able to book 1 Epinette and 2 tickets for Sommer. Nice that they put up discounted tickets for T17 & T18 but i could not manage to book one. They just were not added (is it even possible)?

I could download the camping ticket but not for the grandstand. Is this normal?
I only believe I will be going when I have the actual tickets in my hand.

Next: figure out what is needed the pass the covid exam to get in.
Old 18 Jun 2021, 08:57 (Ref:4056949)   #920
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Good news, well done! Interesting about the ferry. When were you due to go over?
We were going over Tuesday with Brittany Ferries. Our normal Portsmouth - Cherbourg crossing (Derek Bell usually on that one!) has been reduced to once a week so that's out. We'd switched to Poole - Cherbourg, arriving on Tuesday afternoon, but that's also gone as of yesterday.

But we can't get into the circuit until Weds morning anyway now so will probably just jump on the tunnel.
Old 18 Jun 2021, 08:57 (Ref:4056950)   #921
Lutzvic
Racer

Quote:
Exited and nervous. My first Le mans and it probably will be a strange one.

Next: figure out what is needed the pass the covid exam to get in.
They accept EU vaccination pass from any member country, it was told to me buy the ticketing office.
Old 18 Jun 2021, 09:01 (Ref:4056952)   #922
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
Dear All,

it was a troublesome ordering but I managed to buy 3 tickets for the race...as I have my voucher as well (which are visible under the menu 'my command') as soon I will receive my e tickets for the voucher I can offer the 3 tickets to anyone in the forum. Of course for the face value I just bought them to be on the safe side if the voucher-way does not work.
Well done you - thanks very much.
Old 18 Jun 2021, 09:39 (Ref:4056962)   #923
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
They accept EU vaccination pass from any member country, it was told to me buy the ticketing office.
Soon the ACO will be aware how many Brits have purchased tickets. So common sense would say they also open this up to EU vax pass + the UK one. Assuming we can travel.

Also thank you Lutzvic for the info on the online ordering. Via 'My Account' I could see they created a fresh invoice for me two days ago and it contains what I thought it contained. Which is good piece of mind.
Old 18 Jun 2021, 09:47 (Ref:4056963)   #924
24hrmans
Rookie

And downloaded the grandstand tickets. We're going, I'm happy.

Camping is only available for Blue North and Epinette. Houx Annexe is gone.
Can't buy these anymore for the Aso discount rate but you can still buy them for the normal price. Go figure.
And the T17/18 grandstands can be selected, but they just aren't added to your cart. Well programmed ;-)
Old 18 Jun 2021, 10:51 (Ref:4056975)   #925
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Maybe they're holding T17 and T18 back. There must be a fair few members with credit notes who had previously booked those two members only grandstands.