Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Mar 2021, 02:40 (Ref:4039540)   #1
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pink Tiles

https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...-social-media/

Maybe Supercars should start with their own Facebook page.
The comments on there are absurd at times.
Old 8 Mar 2021, 05:50 (Ref:4039557)   #2
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...-social-media/

Maybe Supercars should start with their own Facebook page.
The comments on there are absurd at times.
I am an old fart and I don't understand why a person who became a target would not just disengage with social media altogether then the idiots are just talking to a brick wall. Me, I would simply turn the phone of after deleting the app. Why engage idiots or even read the stuff if it upsets and causes personal problems. F1's Sebastian Vettel has got it right, don't join or contribute to social media and the problem never starts.
Old 8 Mar 2021, 05:59 (Ref:4039558)   #3
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I am an old fart and I don't understand why a person who became a target would not just disengage with social media altogether then the idiots are just talking to a brick wall. Me, I would simply turn the phone of after deleting the app. Why engage idiots or even read the stuff if it upsets and causes personal problems. F1's Sebastian Vettel has got it right, don't join or contribute to social media and the problem never starts.
Agree 100%, a lot of the comments are posted just to bait a person, why reply and give them the thrill? Why get upset over a comment, it's one person with one opinion, often bitter and twisted.
Old 15 Mar 2021, 03:19 (Ref:4040474)   #4
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pink is discriminatory, so I'm going to get upset about it and start a social media movement.

Honestly, keep this pink crap, the "taking a knee" B/S and everything else out of racing. Just stick to racing, if I want all the other B/S I'll get it somewhere else. What a joke.
Old 15 Mar 2021, 20:54 (Ref:4040665)   #5
M91
Rookie

M91 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridM91 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Pink is discriminatory, so I'm going to get upset about it and start a social media movement.

Honestly, keep this pink crap, the "taking a knee" B/S and everything else out of racing. Just stick to racing, if I want all the other B/S I'll get it somewhere else. What a joke.
That's a pretty shitty attitude to have. These guys put up with so much rubbish said about them by keyboard warriors that wouldn't have enough brain power to tie their own shoelaces.
Chaz isn't trying to save the world or tell you how to live your life. He's just asking for people to be decent human beings. I don't understand why so many people have got their panties in a twist about it.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 01:36 (Ref:4040693)   #6
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by M91 View Post
That's a pretty shitty attitude to have. These guys put up with so much rubbish said about them by keyboard warriors that wouldn't have enough brain power to tie their own shoelaces.
Chaz isn't trying to save the world or tell you how to live your life. He's just asking for people to be decent human beings. I don't understand why so many people have got their panties in a twist about it.
This.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 04:05 (Ref:4040697)   #7
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Amen - nailed it bubba.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 09:53 (Ref:4040736)   #8
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
I understand what you're saying, and agree with you that if they want to champion these causes then good on them. Where it falls down is that it is constantly rammed down the viewers throats all throughout the TV coverage, and at every interview with everyone. People just get sick to death of it being forced upon them. If they said something small at the start of the coverage and left it at that, it'd be ok, but they keep going on and on and on about it all day, to the point where they actually turn people off from the cause.
Old 17 Mar 2021, 02:05 (Ref:4040919)   #9
tobyobi
Rookie

tobyobi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I understand what you're saying, and agree with you that if they want to champion these causes then good on them. Where it falls down is that it is constantly rammed down the viewers throats all throughout the TV coverage, and at every interview with everyone. People just get sick to death of it being forced upon them. If they said something small at the start of the coverage and left it at that, it'd be ok, but they keep going on and on and on about it all day, to the point where they actually turn people off from the cause.
I've got no idea what coverage you are watching, but if you're so affected, maybe turn it on at race time and skip the fluff?
Old 17 Mar 2021, 05:19 (Ref:4040936)   #10
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
See my post above, no one is forced to do anything, switch off and it all goes away. It could be said that it is pretty poor decision making to stay on social media just so you can suffer the abuse & criticism that happens there.
Old 17 Mar 2021, 07:00 (Ref:4040942)   #11
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
$$$ talks, pink tiles walk.

Cyberbulling is a real issue that needs to be addressed, but social media activism ain't it. Although, those black tiles produced serious change for African Americans so I may be wrong...
Old 17 Mar 2021, 10:10 (Ref:4040963)   #12
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
A problem he may have is that some of the keyboard warriors he's aiming at are also some of his fans.
Old 17 Mar 2021, 22:39 (Ref:4041122)   #13
tobyobi
Rookie

tobyobi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
See my post above, no one is forced to do anything, switch off and it all goes away. It could be said that it is pretty poor decision making to stay on social media just so you can suffer the abuse & criticism that happens there.
I think I responded to this before, and then TenTenths lost my post in the outage.

Switching off social media isn't an option for most of these drivers. The engagement drives sponsorship deals, which means money, which means a seat.

Yes, some drivers have avoided it, but it's the exception rather than the norm. The marketing people tipping in the coin want a return, so they want their brands where people are looking.
Old 18 Mar 2021, 08:09 (Ref:4041132)   #14
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyobi View Post
I think I responded to this before, and then TenTenths lost my post in the outage.

Switching off social media isn't an option for most of these drivers. The engagement drives sponsorship deals, which means money, which means a seat.

Yes, some drivers have avoided it, but it's the exception rather than the norm. The marketing people tipping in the coin want a return, so they want their brands where people are looking.
You may have deduced that I think social media is a curse on humanity and you would be right. It has the potential to be a great resource but the boat has sailed on that one.
Old 22 Mar 2021, 22:36 (Ref:4042319)   #15
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyobi View Post
I've got no idea what coverage you are watching, but if you're so affected, maybe turn it on at race time and skip the fluff?
Here's an example of exactly what I mean.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/03/22...n-racing-form/

What relevance has the last sentence got with anything in the article? To me it's clutching at straws, and trying to push an agenda.
Old 22 Mar 2021, 22:55 (Ref:4042323)   #16
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Yeah this.

How a lot of supercar fans behave on social media is quite poor. And for the most part it’s grown adults who should know better. If you wouldn’t say it to someone’s face then don’t say it on social media. And then we have the groups that don’t like a particular driver but then take it to the extremes of discussing throwing acid on that driver at a race meeting. Words fail me.

And people wonder why certain manufacturers aren’t interested in being involved in the category..take one look at your average Supercar group on Facebook and there’s your answer right there!

I feel for the likes of the V8 Sleuth who has to put up with this crap invading his page which for a while was a bit of an oasis on social media for good discussion about the category.

However I feel nothing for the likes of Speedcafe and Supercars own social media who stir the pot so to speak as to get more clicks and comments on their pages. Their support of initiatives like this is just hypocritical at best. Don’t just talk the talk walk the walk.

Any driver who wants to step up and try and change how fans of this category behave on social media has got my support.
Old 23 Mar 2021, 01:10 (Ref:4042342)   #17
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Supercars for 24 years had traded off the “war” between Ford versus Holden, they have advocated the “war” between brands, the red versus blue, the fact you’re either a Ford person or a Holden person and there is no middle ground, and the divided crowd at Bathurst was a selling point of the 1000 for years, and fan involvement in the war was trumpeted too, along with drivers being either heroes or villains depending on which side of the fence they were, and any drivers who switched sides were traders or defectors

Not to mention fan involvement in the wars between other categories too (only milk comes in 2-litres etc..), which Supercars did nothing to stop.

Naturally all that fan involvement and the “war” carries over to social media. Where do you draw the line? It’s easy in theory especially for us on here, but the “war” between fans has been ingrained and promoted for so long, naturally drivers are going to cop it, especially those that switch marques.....

Chaz, the other drivers & Supercars as a whole, can’t have it both ways, especially in social media land.
Old 23 Mar 2021, 01:48 (Ref:4042344)   #18
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Here's an example of exactly what I mean.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/03/22...n-racing-form/

What relevance has the last sentence got with anything in the article? To me it's clutching at straws, and trying to push an agenda.
The last sentence has everything to do with the article.
It's an article about defending a team against negative comments on social media:
'negative comments on the Shell V-Power Racing Team Facebook page'

'I’m sad reading some comments the last few days, I love our fans but the attack on the team/drivers is uncalled for'

and this defense is associated with the #nosocialhate social media campaign.

Trying to push an agenda - yes - that there is no need to be hateful on social media.......
Old 23 Mar 2021, 02:47 (Ref:4042347)   #19
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Chaz (and probably a lot of others) are being a little too sensitive and even doing racing a disservice, by giving oxygen to these anonymous keyboard cowards?
Old 23 Mar 2021, 21:57 (Ref:4042571)   #20
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Say you were an electrician for example, and thousands of people daily are dragging your name through the mud on social media, taking potshots and your partner, kids, family, etc. You'd be livid.

These blokes shouldn't just have to put up with it either.
Old 23 Mar 2021, 23:54 (Ref:4042583)   #21
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a fan, but if Chaz stopped turning Cam around he might not have people writing nasty things about him.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 02:32 (Ref:4042595)   #22
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
I'm a fan, but if Chaz stopped turning Cam around he might not have people writing nasty things about him.
Nailed it!! - ( just like Chaz keeps nailing Waters...... )
Old 24 Mar 2021, 11:24 (Ref:4042647)   #23
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Say you were an electrician for example, and thousands of people daily are dragging your name through the mud on social media, taking potshots and your partner, kids, family, etc. You'd be livid.

These blokes shouldn't just have to put up with it either.
The drivers know what they are getting themselves into, comparing it to an electrician is ridiculous and a clutching at straws argument.

The drivers have always played the Ford/Holden game, they’d be naive to not expect some comments back.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 12:04 (Ref:4042658)   #24
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's beyond the Holden/Ford faux warfare.