Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 11 Aug 2020, 07:31 (Ref:3994678)   #2401
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Jeepers and there is me moaning about by knee and Achilles. Good on you Mike. Best wishes for the future.We must make the effort and all meet up when this virus has passed.
Old 11 Aug 2020, 09:00 (Ref:3994704)   #2402
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you, everybody, yet again for all your kind wishes; they help spur me on to make a full recovery from this ordeal.

I hope that Mrs TF is making a speedy return to good health.

And to justracing, I raced between 1966 and my last race was the Plum Pudding at Mallory on Boxing Day 1970. My favourite circuit was Snetterton, and I took every affordable opportunity to race there; it was exhilarating tearing down the Norwich Straight at full chat and then having to yank on the anchors to negotiate the hairpin at the end. Happy Days!
Old 11 Aug 2020, 09:28 (Ref:3994705)   #2403
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Thank you, everybody, yet again for all your kind wishes; they help spur me on to make a full recovery from this ordeal.

I hope that Mrs TF is making a speedy return to good health.

And to justracing, I raced between 1966 and my last race was the Plum Pudding at Mallory on Boxing Day 1970. My favourite circuit was Snetterton, and I took every affordable opportunity to race there; it was exhilarating tearing down the Norwich Straight at full chat and then having to yank on the anchors to negotiate the hairpin at the end. Happy Days!
Very pleased to hear Snetterton is your favourite!
Old 11 Aug 2020, 10:16 (Ref:3994712)   #2404
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
and look forward to reading even more of your contributions on here.
I don't know about that! A speedy recovery is one thing, but more contributions....... ? Come on now, i have seen some of his posts.
Old 11 Aug 2020, 11:39 (Ref:3994738)   #2405
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Makes sense, I worked in Thetford back then so the spectator banking at the end of the Norwich straight was my weekend haunt.
Old 11 Aug 2020, 12:40 (Ref:3994754)   #2406
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Glad to hear you are home now Mike after your extended hospital stay. I add my good wishes for a full recovery to everyone else's.
Old 12 Aug 2020, 10:53 (Ref:3994930)   #2407
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Glad to hear you can now reach decent food, Mike, will be easy to appreciate it if your unique souvenir is… plum pudding! What about oeufs Ă* la neige to start with? Keep on smiling!
Old 12 Aug 2020, 11:09 (Ref:3994933)   #2408
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad you got through it all Mike, welcome back to the forum
Old 12 Aug 2020, 11:18 (Ref:3994936)   #2409
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy days, we have one of our number restored. Continued good health to you, Mike.

@ Delta - that's gonna be one hell of a meet up "when all this is over." Can't wait! It'll be well worth the overseas contingent coming to civilisation for.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 12 Aug 2020, 12:09 (Ref:3994950)   #2410
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Happy days, we have one of our number restored. Continued good health to you, Mike.

@ Delta - that's gonna be one hell of a meet up "when all this is over." Can't wait! It'll be well worth the overseas contingent coming to civilisation for.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Yes, I'll start organising a dinghy - it'll save wasting time with immigration etc & accomodation will be all-in, so should be a cheap trip..........
Old 12 Aug 2020, 14:38 (Ref:3994980)   #2411
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Yes, I'll start organising a dinghy - it'll save wasting time with immigration etc & accomodation will be all-in, so should be a cheap trip..........
Very topical
Old 12 Aug 2020, 19:19 (Ref:3995023)   #2412
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mind you Just when our John says dinghy in fact he's using an old stock of inflatable dolls he thinks he could have moved with surplus army British Seagull engines. Messire des hauts de France is "very" topical…
Old 12 Aug 2020, 19:48 (Ref:3995029)   #2413
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Mind you Just when our John says dinghy in fact he's using an old stock of inflatable dolls he thinks he could have moved with surplus army British Seagull engines. Messire des hauts de France is "very" topical…
No, no, no Gerard, nothing but the best inflatables are used on this route. After all, we can hardly expect our clients to slum it. However, perhaps you could convert your electric push-bike to a pedalo just in case we need a tow. If this weather holds out, it should be a very pleasant crossing.

Once we arrive, there will be a luxury coach awaiting us, to take us to a four-star hotel. Our stay there includes an optional visit to a football ground. It is yet to be confirmed whether this will be Reading, where Iain will be waiting to greet us, or Luton, where Bob will be our tour guide for the evening.

The following day we will transfer by coach to the venue for the Ten Tenths gathering.

As yet, there are no plans for our return journey to France so we will have to make our own way home, but the French navy is unlikely to welcome us, so a longer-than-planned stay in the UK may be necessary. That might involve a holiday on one of the more remote Orkney Isles!
Old 12 Aug 2020, 19:51 (Ref:3995030)   #2414
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Congrats on your return home, Mike - I've another Alfa mate in Leeds at present having had a rather unexpected triple bypass op today - he thought he was going to have a stent.......It goes to show we don't know what to expect...some 12 years ago when they ended up cutting a cat-flap in my head to remove a (thankfully benign) menangioma it was only discovered when I went to have nasal polyps diagnosed......

Hope you get back to normal functioning soon!
Old 13 Aug 2020, 02:32 (Ref:3995073)   #2415
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
No, no, no Gerard, nothing but the best inflatables are used on this route. After all, we can hardly expect our clients to slum it. However, perhaps you could convert your electric push-bike to a pedalo just in case we need a tow. If this weather holds out, it should be a very pleasant crossing.

Once we arrive, there will be a luxury coach awaiting us, to take us to a four-star hotel. Our stay there includes an optional visit to a football ground. It is yet to be confirmed whether this will be Reading, where Iain will be waiting to greet us, or Luton, where Bob will be our tour guide for the evening.

The following day we will transfer by coach to the venue for the Ten Tenths gathering.

As yet, there are no plans for our return journey to France so we will have to make our own way home, but the French navy is unlikely to welcome us, so a longer-than-planned stay in the UK may be necessary. That might involve a holiday on one of the more remote Orkney Isles!

😂😂😂😂
Old 13 Aug 2020, 06:47 (Ref:3995088)   #2416
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
John, lets sing! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb14oGVIICY
Old 13 Aug 2020, 07:27 (Ref:3995096)   #2417
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Very good - and very appropriate!
Old 15 Aug 2020, 12:31 (Ref:3995526)   #2418
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
You've got a lot to answer for, Gerard - that's been going round & round in my head for two days!!
Old 15 Aug 2020, 18:26 (Ref:3995605)   #2419
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
indeed… Ask Michèle to tell you about La danse des canards or even worse if possible On fait tourner les serviettes! Must be really popular in your area…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aavCdmoihYY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk2CzGfL7n4
And if you everything's going well you've this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoDY9vFAaG8
Available in two hour version!!!
Old 16 Aug 2020, 09:04 (Ref:3995689)   #2420
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
indeed… Ask Michèle to tell you about La danse des canards or even worse if possible On fait tourner les serviettes! Must be really popular in your area…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aavCdmoihYY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk2CzGfL7n4
And if you everything's going well you've this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoDY9vFAaG8
Available in two hour version!!!
Michele says 'thank you' but she prefers classical music!
Old 18 Aug 2020, 17:49 (Ref:3996272)   #2421
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Living in the partially locked-down North-West we decided not to trek down to Snetterton for the CSCC meeting last weekend - when we would have been racing on the Saturday - which apparently went off very well. Sunday however gave the Club some problems, as at the luchbreak after all qualys had run, and one race, the heavens opened with a weather station 400 yards from the circuit recording 73mm of rain within 45 minutes........leading to water coming up through the floor of race control, rivers down past and through the pit garages and of course all manner of debris being washed off the hard-packed circuit verges onto the track, much of which was competely flooded.

Herculean efforts from the track management and marshals got the track clear for some reduced length races by 4pm, when the rain came down again, forcing cancellation of the rest of the meeting.

All credit to the Club and all involved for their efforts to get the meeting finished, and in particular for their decision to provide a refund of 50% of the entry fee to all who didn't get a race - yes, a refund into bank accounts, not a credit for a future race. Well done CSCC

We had a similar situation with a race at Donington a few years ago, run by 750MC and got zilch........
Old 19 Aug 2020, 08:11 (Ref:3996369)   #2422
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Looks like a good weekend at Brands for the Masters hopefully the weather holds out. I can only find an entry list in PDF at the moment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BH20 Online Entry List.pdf (231.9 KB, 26 views)
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Aug 2020, 09:14 (Ref:3996378)   #2423
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Looks like a good weekend at Brands for the Masters hopefully the weather holds out. I can only find an entry list in PDF at the moment.
Probably my most favourite event of the year and a decent entry particularly given the current crisis. Having spent last weekend going backwards and forwards to Thruxton, Brands is a doddle for me(well a little over the hour).
Old 19 Aug 2020, 12:14 (Ref:3996429)   #2424
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Silverstone and BDC for me, best meeting of the year.

Anyone want their picture took?
Old 19 Aug 2020, 12:19 (Ref:3996431)   #2425
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Silverstone and BDC for me, best meeting of the year.

Anyone want their picture took?
Me please. I ned a new one of me wearing a face mask for my Photo ID. (Will your long lens get me in Leicestershire from Silverstone?)