Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Oct 2009, 20:45 (Ref:2556965)   #1
TOOTHFAIRY
Rookie

TOOTHFAIRY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Driver For 2010 Fujitsu Series??

Hi Guys, Sponsorship willing , next year you may see a young gun who will have just turned 19yo, join you, with a group of real V8SC vetrans joining in to help both with preparation, and mentoring. The people behind this kid have won many races in Touring cars from Grp N, [just for you Patto], Grp A and C, right through to V8SC. He has tested a V8SC, and impressed the team suitably. With the mix of a young hungry driver with talent , and a group of old wise race engineers it should be interesting. Wait till you see who his main metors are!!
Old 10 Oct 2009, 20:46 (Ref:2558367)   #2
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOTHFAIRY View Post
Hi Guys, Sponsorship willing , next year you may see a young gun who will have just turned 19yo, join you, with a group of real V8SC vetrans joining in to help both with preparation, and mentoring. The people behind this kid have won many races in Touring cars from Grp N, [just for you Patto], Grp A and C, right through to V8SC. He has tested a V8SC, and impressed the team suitably. With the mix of a young hungry driver with talent , and a group of old wise race engineers it should be interesting. Wait till you see who his main metors are!!
How old is George Miedeckie?
Old 12 Oct 2009, 03:10 (Ref:2559409)   #3
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmdog View Post
How old is George Miedeckie?
I think about 23.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 03:15 (Ref:2559413)   #4
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Those first 4 words are a very big proviso-for every aspiring race driver.
So what has your guy done that sets him aside?
Old 12 Oct 2009, 18:57 (Ref:2560057)   #5
TOOTHFAIRY
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
Those first 4 words are a very big proviso-for every aspiring race driver.
So what has your guy done that sets him aside?
Won a few state races, broken a couple of lap records, regularly drives V8's on track days, we have been offered a car to use, so might be a little closer, who knows?
Old 13 Oct 2009, 08:29 (Ref:2560423)   #6
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Won a few state races, broken a couple of lap records, regularly drives V8's on track days, we have been offered a car to use, so might be a little closer, who knows?
In which state?
Old 13 Oct 2009, 10:02 (Ref:2560465)   #7
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Vee in Victoria ?????????

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 13 Oct 2009, 18:59 (Ref:2560746)   #8
TOOTHFAIRY
Rookie

Quote:
In which state?
Victoria,Tasmania, and NSW, and no its not Formula Vee. Started in Karts, then HQ's, Porsche, Mazda RX2 Nc car and Nissan Skyline GTR .Lap records in NSW, and VIC.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 22:01 (Ref:2560846)   #9
applecart
Rookie

applecart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Victoria,Tasmania, and NSW, and no its not Formula Vee. Started in Karts, then HQ's, Porsche, Mazda RX2 Nc car and Nissan Skyline GTR .Lap records in NSW, and VIC.
first name starting with the letter "E"...?
Old 13 Oct 2009, 23:10 (Ref:2560875)   #10
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Ok-- I got it.Apologies for being a bit slow! Yeah he can drive. I would like to see him get the opportunity.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 00:40 (Ref:2560899)   #11
TOOTHFAIRY
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applecart View Post
first name starting with the letter "E"...?
Yep your spot on, not many drivers starting with E hey? Every day we are getting closer to doing a deal, but not quiet yet.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 00:46 (Ref:2560905)   #12
TOOTHFAIRY
Rookie

Quote:
Ok-- I got it.Apologies for being a bit slow! Yeah he can drive. I would like to see him get the opportunity.
Thanks for the complement, lets hope that we can secure the backing, we have been offered a car, and have secured one to purchase, but those old dollars are stoping us from making a move at the moment. Hope to know by the end of the week. He will do a good job in what ever he runs, just need to get there. Thanks again for the encouragement.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 01:33 (Ref:2560937)   #13
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd still like to know who it is.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 14 Oct 2009, 02:19 (Ref:2560959)   #14
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Engelbert Humperdinck.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 02:31 (Ref:2560968)   #15
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
innuendo ..

Quote:
Yep your spot on, not many drivers starting with E hey? Every day we are getting closer to doing a deal, but not quiet yet.
not quiet yet ... maybe you should be, come back when you have something to say
Old 14 Oct 2009, 07:31 (Ref:2561063)   #16
TOOTHFAIRY
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
not quiet yet ... maybe you should be, come back when you have something to say
Hi Cavvy, no use saying something if you can't go through with it, we will be on the fujitsu grid next year by hook or by crook, at this stage just not clear on how many rounds and in what car, had 2 offers today, and more test days offered, it is a big step so must consider all options before making a commitment, Only got on the forum, due to my mates interstate wanting to keep abreast of the latest developments, so this is an easy way for all to see. Without eating into my surgery hours. CHEERS
Old 14 Oct 2009, 08:45 (Ref:2561087)   #17
CooperS79
Racer

Australia
Wollongong
CooperS79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
I'd still like to know who it is.
Elliot Barbour. At a guess....
Old 14 Oct 2009, 09:28 (Ref:2561108)   #18
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperS79 View Post
See-he is already famous in Woolongong!
Old 14 Oct 2009, 09:30 (Ref:2561111)   #19
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be Wollongong!
Old 14 Oct 2009, 10:57 (Ref:2561158)   #20
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not Elliot Goblett?

or Eric Bana?

Gee it could also be Ewan Mackenzie... nah hang on, he got the gig at queensland rugby.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2561174)   #21
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Dasher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hhhmmmmmmm, very interesting, seen it all before.

Kids & Dads with stars in their eyes that have won a couple of state races that think their good enough to go up to Fujitsu or higher is great, but find out just how big a step it is when they get there and also what does it achieve for you except putting a large hole in your wallet.

For example,
Taz Douglas (exceptionally talented) but has struggled so far in Fujitsu's.
Geoff Emery, 6 time Commodore Cup champ, so must have some ability,but has struggled big time.
Marcus Zukanovic, has had two tries in the series,has the best gear but still struggles.

Plenty of very very good drivers have won the series but still dont have a main game drive such as Adam Macrow,Steve Owen and many others cos they aint got the money.

There are a whole lot of talented drivers out there that will never get the chance to show it because of the one glitch in their makeup, lack of money from sponsors or SORFS and even if they can find some in the short term when it runs out its bye bye and its all been a waste of time and money.

But good luck.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 19:15 (Ref:2561500)   #22
TOOTHFAIRY
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
Hhhmmmmmmm, very interesting, seen it all before.

Kids & Dads with stars in their eyes that have won a couple of state races that think their good enough to go up to Fujitsu or higher is great, but find out just how big a step it is when they get there and also what does it achieve for you except putting a large hole in your wallet.

For example,
Taz Douglas (exceptionally talented) but has struggled so far in Fujitsu's.
Geoff Emery, 6 time Commodore Cup champ, so must have some ability,but has struggled big time.
Marcus Zukanovic, has had two tries in the series,has the best gear but still struggles.

Plenty of very very good drivers have won the series but still dont have a main game drive such as Adam Macrow,Steve Owen and many others cos they aint got the money.

There are a whole lot of talented drivers out there that will never get the chance to show it because of the one glitch in their makeup, lack of money from sponsors or SORFS and even if they can find some in the short term when it runs out its bye bye and its all been a waste of time and money.

But good luck.
Hi Dasher and All, Yes you are dead right dasher, it does put a big dent in your wallet, or hopefully some one elses, as for dads with stars in their eyes I've spent 40yrs watching that happen, and seen plenty of parents lose their houses, trying to live their dreams through their kids, So that wont happen, I've been on both sides of the racing fence, starting at 13yo as a wheel polisher and worked my way up to a V8SC team manager, and a National Catagory Manager, I also regularly race all over the country,as does my fiancee, so the whole family is involved. We certainly know the ups downs and turn aruonds, just like most competitors in Fujitsu were having a go , no promises, You'll never know if you don't have a go! Every day we get a little bit closer, we have the experienced team, with over 30yrs in the main games, Transporter, and workshop, a small budget, and we are working almost full time on funding through sponsors, it's a real attempt with a full time driver, who lots of Qualified people, not his parents, thinks he has what it takes to make the grade.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 19:27 (Ref:2561505)   #23
TOOTHFAIRY
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperS79 View Post
Yep right on ! trust a good historic racer to pick that. Go to www.elliotbarbourracing.com.au. to see what he's all about. By the way Elliot Gobblett aka [Jack], is a great mate of ours ' no He's not named after him.
Old 14 Oct 2009, 23:59 (Ref:2561634)   #24
Ironmike
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Ironmike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi Cavvy, no use saying something if you can't go through with it, we will be on the fujitsu grid next year by hook or by crook, at this stage just not clear on how many rounds and in what car, had 2 offers today, and more test days offered, it is a big step so must consider all options before making a commitment, Only got on the forum, due to my mates interstate wanting to keep abreast of the latest developments, so this is an easy way for all to see. Without eating into my surgery hours. CHEERS

By saying you had 2 ‘offers’ today and more test days ‘offered’ means that if you bring the coin they will ‘offer’ the drive, as this is always the way with drives unfortunately.

Wish you all the best with it and good luck, I hope it all turns out well
Old 15 Oct 2009, 00:59 (Ref:2561662)   #25
TOOTHFAIRY
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmike View Post
By saying you had 2 ‘offers’ today and more test days ‘offered’ means that if you bring the coin they will ‘offer’ the drive, as this is always the way with drives unfortunately.

Wish you all the best with it and good luck, I hope it all turns out well
Thanks Ironmike, Offers don't cost, but yep no free lunches, just depends on ammount asked, and if your silly enough to pay. You must be fair its an expensive bussiness, and I know the overheads, so you pick and choose, and work out a fair deal, and what the equipments like. Not rocket science, to work out the better the equipment, the dearer the ride. You also need a little bit of track time, in the real deal to make sure you make the grade, so it's user pays, as in anything in life.