Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Nov 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3474005)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
WEC Round 7: Bahrain

Is interest in this series waning on here? Not much about the upcoming round this weekend. I don't have much to add, other than the 2 GTEAm AF Corse cars are back. No ESM and still no Strakka in P2.

Schedule

Entry List
Old 12 Nov 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3474013)   #2
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, hold a race in an interesting location and I'll watch again. This weekend is for Rally GB for me. Count me back in when they get to Brazil.

I'm excited and looking forward to next year, but only really for Spa, Le Mans, Nurburgring and maybe Fuji.

Last edited by Rodger Davies; 12 Nov 2014 at 20:12.
Old 12 Nov 2014, 20:00 (Ref:3474016)   #3
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I'll be away from home so won't be able to watch any of it. Unless there's decent wi-fi in a restaurant and I can sneak a few minutes on the live stream in the app.
Old 12 Nov 2014, 20:09 (Ref:3474022)   #4
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Yeah, hold a race in an interesting location and I'll watch again.
+1
Old 12 Nov 2014, 20:19 (Ref:3474025)   #5
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I want to be enthused, but honestly I can't be ******. I'll probably have it on the tablet while I'm doing ... something else.

Congratulations to Toyota and the #8 crew. Yes I know, accidents etc., but I'm prepared to get burned on this one.
Old 12 Nov 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3474044)   #6
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Toyota should wrap up both titles here going by their performance of late. They only need to lead by 44 points at the end of Bahrain. Right now they lead Audi 226-197 or 29 points. They need to score 15 more points than Audi this weekend and they win the manufacturer's championship. Maybe people arent enthusiastic about this race, but I am. I think Bahrain is one of the better Tilke layouts. Should be nice racing into the dark also!
Old 12 Nov 2014, 21:35 (Ref:3474049)   #7
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I really do love Bahrain. It is a really cool place. Very excited for this race. #Excitement #fudgeamericans.
Old 12 Nov 2014, 21:55 (Ref:3474058)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Hopefully it will be covered live on UK motors TV so will watch it as it happens hoping the Audi and porkers can compete with Toyota this time
Old 12 Nov 2014, 23:26 (Ref:3474082)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemonium View Post
I really do love Bahrain. It is a really cool place. Very excited for this race. #Excitement #fudgeamericans.
What is a fudge american?
Old 12 Nov 2014, 23:41 (Ref:3474085)   #10
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
What is a fudge american?
If you look at his posting history, everybody who likes Sebring/RA/any old school track and doesn't show eternal love towards everything Grade 1 is a nostalgic hillbilly living in the past for liking such joke tracks. Also if one prefers say Corvettes instead of European makes it automatically equals being hillbilly, same for the drivers.

He once said he would prefer if Le Mans was held in the desert with no walls and huge runoffs.
Old 13 Nov 2014, 00:09 (Ref:3474087)   #11
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Also, he seems to be an Audi fan, and ironically, ever since the WEC started, Audi have struggled on the Tilke-dromes relative to the North American/IMSA-style tracks (Silverstone, Spa, much of COTA layout-wise) where their high downforce/focus on cornering/braking would pay more dividends than at most Grade 1 tracks.

It should also be noted that Audi have already re-tubbed both cars prior to Thursday due to "damage" sustained at Shanghai. I'd suspect wear to the suspension mounts on the tub and difficulties with repairing them onsite. They had probably two tubs flown in.

The #2 was rebuilt around the original "spare" tub, while the #1 was rebuilt around one of likely two tubs that got flown in (one for the #1 and a spare).
Old 13 Nov 2014, 01:07 (Ref:3474096)   #12
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Never really understood the widespread strong indifference for Bahrain when, if you peel away the nostalgia, Sebring is a very similar track, except Sebring has less elevation change and has grass instead of sand.

Bahrain is a mediocre track, but I'd watch these LMP1 cars race pretty much anywhere, so I'll be tuning in if I can.
Old 13 Nov 2014, 01:12 (Ref:3474100)   #13
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Never really understood the strong indifference for Bahrain when, if you peel away the nostalgia, Sebring is a very similar track, except Sebring has less elevation change and has grass instead of sand.

Bahrain is a mediocre track, but I'd watch these LMP1 cars race pretty much anywhere, so I'll be tuning in if I can.
Nostalgia and history are a big part of any race tracks appeal.
I do agree however, that LMP1 cars are worth watching at any circuit.
Old 13 Nov 2014, 01:46 (Ref:3474105)   #14
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Audi will have about 10 hours to retub #1 if they want to get it out for the first session. http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/a...bs-in-bahrain/
Old 13 Nov 2014, 01:48 (Ref:3474106)   #15
Disraeli Eers
Racer

United States
Parkersburg, WV
Disraeli Eers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDisraeli Eers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be watching. This is the first race since Le Mans that hasn't happened during a football weekend at my alma mater, so I'm excited!
Old 13 Nov 2014, 02:34 (Ref:3474116)   #16
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meh........watching the First two hours and final hour sound good to me just like any other WEC race........
Old 13 Nov 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3474153)   #17
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMP1 cars only race 8 times a year, so I will definitely be watching. Also, i know Bahrain doesn't have the history of other tracks that have hosted endurance racing in the past but all those circuits were the same when they started too.
Old 13 Nov 2014, 08:19 (Ref:3474159)   #18
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a race. I like racing. I will follow it.
Old 13 Nov 2014, 08:20 (Ref:3474160)   #19
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
True. Thats how I look at it. Its not in the best location, scenic or political, but I watch the racing for the racing. Even here in the U.S. theres political social issues. Im sure Audi will make it in time. They may miss most or all of first practice, but theyll be in the race.
Old 13 Nov 2014, 10:27 (Ref:3474189)   #20
snowdog140
Rookie

England
Coventry, England
snowdog140 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
It's a race. I like racing. I will follow it.
+1
Old 13 Nov 2014, 12:14 (Ref:3474211)   #21
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
+1 For everyone posting here. Here comes the rant.
I really do apreciate the opinion of everyone. But there needs to be some weight on the other side of the balance. What happened to Beatle and his enthusiastic race threads? This track, Bahrain that is, is waaaaaaay better than Sebring. I think that, the FIA thinks that, and F1 fan thinks that, and anybody who does not know Sebring says "what crappy track is that". You need to respect opinions and to be more open minded. Bahrain is a cool place. Anybody that follows the event on twitter has seen the cool pictures. Tilke has amazing abilities. I have followed every race from the WEC and F1 in this circuit and the atmosphere in that fogged air is amazing!!. The desing is superb. Sorry for my English as always.

Also as a reflection... Nostalgia is better as what it is... Going back to what caused it is sometimes a dissapointment.
BRING ON THE RACE!!!
Old 13 Nov 2014, 12:48 (Ref:3474219)   #22
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For years I would have given my right arm for a World Championship for sports cars because I've never had one in my life time. There is no World Championship without rounds like these, whether you like it or not.

I'll be watching every second of every hour, just like I have with every round of the WEC apart from a couple hours kip in my tent at Le Mans. I don't really understand why the location plays such a role in people's interest - I get that it's no Sebring or Road Atlanta, but it's still a 6 hour race with the same cars you see at Le Mans. They haven't changed.

Hope it's a good race. Really looking forward to it.
Old 13 Nov 2014, 13:08 (Ref:3474224)   #23
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Audi currently leading free practice. Looks like they got the cars put back together successfully!
Old 13 Nov 2014, 13:21 (Ref:3474226)   #24
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I haven't bothered watching the last couple of F1 races that I have recorded but I will watch this, even if it is in Bahrain and on a forgettable track. I like the cars.
Old 13 Nov 2014, 14:19 (Ref:3474237)   #25
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bahrain

Okay, tis true I have a vested interest...I watch every minute of each race on Motors TV with the Lap Top on Live Streaming and RML so I don't miss a lap during the Adverts! I even take the Lap top with me to the Kitchen or the Loo!

I write down every single lap time of our car, and every pit stop of every LMP1, what lap it occurs and note all driver changes, tyre changes and lap number of every incident that effects the race.

For me every F1 circuit is a 'proper race circuit'...as they all have their own unique challenge, be it rain or extream heat.

Bring it on, this year has been a bit of a nail-biter here!