Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Jun 2003, 17:56 (Ref:622077)   #26
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just watched on TV that he can lose his win at Monaco, because he got a watch from one of the mechanics inside the parc-ferme, which is forbidden.

Is that possible ????????????????????????????
Old 5 Jun 2003, 17:59 (Ref:622078)   #27
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only if the weight of the car and driver MINUS the watch makes the car underweight and that seems pretty unlikely. Plus that was almost a week ago and it's the sort of thing that would have been picked up on and looked at at the time.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 18:06 (Ref:622082)   #28
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Just watched on TV that he can lose his win at Monaco, because he got a watch from one of the mechanics inside the parc-ferme, which is forbidden.

Is that possible ????????????????????????????
Oh no!!! That can not happen!!!

I saw him receive that watch. What the heck has that got to do with anything? If it's the weighing that is the problem, just deduct the weight of the watch, for crying out loud. (Did they weigh after the Monaco GP at all btw? I certainly didn't see that they did.)

I will boycott F1 if JPM loses his Monaco win! What are they trying to turn the sport into? A farce?

(Btw, Damon, I only saw your post after I had typed (had to calm down a bit first). Let's hope you're right. )

Last edited by R; 5 Jun 2003 at 18:09.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 18:22 (Ref:622090)   #29
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Another plus is that none of the major websites are mentioning it either.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 18:38 (Ref:622104)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, I looked for it too, and nothing. But the TV just showed it at lunch time, they said it will be investigated... strange.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 19:09 (Ref:622134)   #31
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Prince Rainier gave him a massive cup too.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 20:16 (Ref:622191)   #32
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

...and the champagne will give some weight tooo
Old 5 Jun 2003, 22:56 (Ref:622375)   #33
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Remember when this same thing came up after Hungary 2001 when a Mclaren mechanic poured a bucket of water over Hakkinen. Ferrari complained that the water that soaked into his suit would make a considerable difference to his weight.
Old 5 Jun 2003, 23:21 (Ref:622390)   #34
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know that weight limits are tight, but c'mon, a watch? It's only a few grams. The water thing I could understand, but even then I'd be a bit skeptical of grudge nitpicking.

If there had been a problem we would have heard about it by now. Even if a proper stink kicked up there would be uproar. F1 has taken a bit of flak recently so this would be the last thing it needs!
Old 6 Jun 2003, 00:03 (Ref:622402)   #35
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
congrats Monty and thank god that they got the National Anthem right
Old 7 Jun 2003, 09:00 (Ref:623670)   #36
Ralf
Racer

Ralf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
When was the last time all the top 4 teams finished 1-8?