Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 19 May 2004, 08:52 (Ref:975207)   #1
motorsportmarshal61
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Doug Austin Marshal Of The Year 2009
motorsportmarshal61 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amoc 31//05/04 Oulton Park

just got the paperwork this morning for the meeting at oulton park on the 31/05/04 and inside was 2 complementary tickets automatically sent
no SAE and more than a week ahead of the meeting
and was wondering why carnt other clubs follow them with sending one/two complementary tickets automatically
Old 19 May 2004, 09:14 (Ref:975226)   #2
Flagman
Racer

Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are they complimentary tickets or are they the only means of getting in, given the rumoured change of entrance policy for marshals at Oulton Park?
Old 19 May 2004, 10:56 (Ref:975294)   #3
Nadine J Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford, Northwich
Nadine J Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Flagman
Are they complimentary tickets or are they the only means of getting in, given the rumoured change of entrance policy for marshals at Oulton Park?
Change of policy is (we are assured) only affecting big meetings - e.g. Superbikes / BTCC / F3/GT. So complimentary tickets then - hope mine are at home tonight!!
Old 19 May 2004, 11:11 (Ref:975314)   #4
Flagman
Racer

Thanks for that - looks like we will be staying at home this weekend then, unless tickets arrive from BARC HQ today or tomorrow.
Old 19 May 2004, 11:31 (Ref:975337)   #5
bluebeard
Veteran

England
wirral
bluebeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
perhaps mine will be at home too no need to stay at home this weekend flagman, theres a good 2-dayer on at anglesey if you fancy the trip? i'll be there
Old 19 May 2004, 13:13 (Ref:975438)   #6
SJC-214
Racer

SJC-214 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will this new policy at Oulton Park have a detrimental effect on Marshals numbers?

I think there will be a lot of disappointed Marshals this coming weekend who have volunteered but have not received their ticket and "supposedly" will not be allowed in.

What it wrong with the MSA licence as a means of entry into the Circuit?

IMHO stupidity like this undermines all the hardwork that Ian and Nadine Lewis (Marshalgirl) have done over the last 6-12 months recruiting new Marshals.
Old 19 May 2004, 13:23 (Ref:975447)   #7
motorsportmarshal61
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Doug Austin Marshal Of The Year 2009
motorsportmarshal61 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SJC-214
Will this new policy at Oulton Park have a detrimental effect on Marshals numbers?

I think there will be a lot of disappointed Marshals this coming weekend who have volunteered but have not received their ticket and "supposedly" will not be allowed in.

IMHO stupidity like this undermines all the hardwork that Ian and Nadine Lewis (Marshalgirl) have done over the last 6-12 months recruiting new Marshals.
i agree its total crazy
and according to senior members have said that the
k coddington has not tickets left or she hadnt saturday
Old 19 May 2004, 13:34 (Ref:975460)   #8
Nadine J Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford, Northwich
Quote:
Originally posted by SJC-214

Please see other thread on BTCC Oulton Park - we are encouraging people to still turn up on the assumption that the circuit will be contacted before Friday to convey the problems experienced. They are aware of our needs on June 12th (Palmer Audi Day) and the need for us to recruit this weekend. BMMC North West committee has also expressed concerns and hope it is sorted soon - please bear with us - lots of people are working on this for you all!!!
Old 19 May 2004, 14:25 (Ref:975505)   #9
Flagman
Racer

The problem is with just turning up is that I need to take a days leave in order to get the caravan ready if we are to marshal this weekend. I am not to keen on doing this on the off-chance that I might or might not be let in on Friday evening!

I guess this sort of mess typifies modern motor sport and goes some way towards explaining why we have only done 3 days between the two of us so far this year, rather than the 10-20 days we would have done by now in preceeding years.
Old 19 May 2004, 15:11 (Ref:975543)   #10
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wrong thread for most of this!!

Those who turn up this Saturday and/or Sunday WILL be allowed in!
it's a good idea to wear you overalls as you arrive though!

it only affect PROMOTED meetings, which after this weekend amounts to ONE (F3/GT's)for cars (Don't know about trikes!)

Margaret Simpson has said she will even man (Or Woman) the gate at Lodge if neccessary!

Going back to the topic of this thread.....
AMOC (and probably the 750 when they send their tickets) issue two tickets not simply because they are more generous than the other organising Clubs, but they are probably blissfully unaware that the "Norm" is entry by MSA/BMMC card!
Old 19 May 2004, 16:43 (Ref:975626)   #11
brsccnw
Racer

Scotland
Culcheth
brsccnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are trying to get some clarification regarding the ticket situation and also to get some plausable answer from someone. No one seems to have any idea. I am reliably informed that for the TOCA meeting the system we have now at Oulton will be operated until the start of racing and after that a ticket will be required.
As for club meetings we are still waiting clarification.
I cannot get a straight answer if it is just for promoted meetings or whither club meeting apply too
Don't hold your breath !!!!!!!!!

Alistair Garrett Chief Marshal BRSCC NW
Old 19 May 2004, 17:14 (Ref:975662)   #12
brsccnw
Racer

Scotland
Culcheth
brsccnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just received this by email from BRSCC HQ

As of the 1st June MSV is implementing a new ticket policy for clubs organising events at their circuits.

Marshals & officials will still be entitled to two tickets each, but all marshals must be in possession of a valid ticket - producing your MSA card will not be sufficient. Guests of marshals/officials will be allowed access to the circuit with a marshals/officials ticket but they must enter the circuit by the time of the first race of the day.
Old 19 May 2004, 17:32 (Ref:975675)   #13
bluebeard
Veteran

England
wirral
bluebeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thought they were trying to make the circuits more profitable? what a total waste of time & money! also extremely detrimental to marshaling numbers..... if we suddenly find we are able to attend a meeting a day or two before how do we get in? especially bearing in mind shortage of marshals when all we can get are greatly appreciated
Old 19 May 2004, 18:32 (Ref:975731)   #14
SJC-214
Racer

SJC-214 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bluebeard
thought they were trying to make the circuits more profitable? what a total waste of time & money! also extremely detrimental to marshaling numbers..... if we suddenly find we are able to attend a meeting a day or two before how do we get in? especially bearing in mind shortage of marshals when all we can get are greatly appreciated
I agree its totally pathetic.

Please see other thread on BTCC Oulton Park - we are encouraging people to still turn up on the assumption that the circuit will be contacted before Friday to convey the problems experienced. They are aware of our needs on June 12th (Palmer Audi Day) and the need for us to recruit this weekend. BMMC North West committee has also expressed concerns and hope it is sorted soon - please bear with us - lots of people are working on this for you all!!!

Taking into account the amount of miles some Marshals have to travel to marshal at Oulton is it really such a good idea just to turn up on spec on the off chance you maybe let in?

This is an absolutely stupid state of affairs and is going to do nothing to increase marshalling numbers.
Old 19 May 2004, 20:35 (Ref:975852)   #15
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Mitchell

Going back to the topic of this thread.....
AMOC (and probably the 750 when they send their tickets) issue two tickets not simply because they are more generous than the other organising Clubs, but they are probably blissfully unaware that the "Norm" is entry by MSA/BMMC card!
Last few years i have sent only 1 ticket to BH circuits as I know the access policy.
At begining of this year I asked (through 750 race sec) and was told MSA cards might get access sometimes. Decided to go back to sending 2 this year. MSV didn't get tickets to us till late on first 2 meetings and tickets for one had wrong date.
I have had approach from MSV via race sec. with different suggestions along the lines mentioned earlier and have asked why someone is wasting time screwing up a system that isn't a problem. I don't believe that reducing or complicating marshals guests will get any more paying punters through the turnstiles.
Old 20 May 2004, 08:07 (Ref:976231)   #16
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
MikeM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So your guest has to be there for the first race or pay? In this day people have other commitments/responsibilities so turning up (by 11.00am as it was) helps meet them. If guests effectively have to be there all day or not at all I think you will find some marshalls/officials not being able to do as many days?
Old 20 May 2004, 09:04 (Ref:976285)   #17
Nadine J Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford, Northwich
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeM
So your guest has to be there for the first race or pay? In this day people have other commitments/responsibilities so turning up (by 11.00am as it was) helps meet them. If guests effectively have to be there all day or not at all I think you will find some marshalls/officials not being able to do as many days?
Marshals / officials have to be there before the first session starts - they have not said guests have to be as well - I believe the 11am suggestion still applies!
Old 20 May 2004, 09:12 (Ref:976294)   #18
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
Hi, I thought I must have read Alistair wrongly - but I don't think so. I read his note as guests having to be there before first race. (Do we still get marshals on shift etc arriving later?)

I also remember a certain marshal who regularly only arrived for the second or third practice but that's going back a bit!
Old 20 May 2004, 09:43 (Ref:976315)   #19
Nadine J Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford, Northwich
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeM
Hi, I thought I must have read Alistair wrongly - but I don't think so. I read his note as guests having to be there before first race. (Do we still get marshals on shift etc arriving later?)

I also remember a certain marshal who regularly only arrived for the second or third practice but that's going back a bit!
I think he states before "racing" starts. I know you lot just think prcatice is just another time for you to go racing around the circuit but it is practice and not "race" time!!!
Old 20 May 2004, 09:56 (Ref:976327)   #20
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
Ah, see what you mean! That sounds better.

Would we ever race during practice??

Thanks
Old 20 May 2004, 09:59 (Ref:976330)   #21
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Funny you should mention that!

I was with a DSO on Saturday and we both commented that FF's have a "Morning Race" and then an "Afternoon Race For Points"
Old 20 May 2004, 10:22 (Ref:976353)   #22
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
Well, I know who the DSO was. I'll have to have a word with Walshy - bet he meant post 86's?

We do try to give you double value for money though!!
Old 20 May 2004, 11:08 (Ref:976403)   #23
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
I'm not complaining!!
Old 20 May 2004, 18:04 (Ref:976819)   #24
Werewolf
Racer

Werewolf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Post 86.nah poppycock lol