Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2010, 10:26 (Ref:2798993)   #1001
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
aren't most of the front running Lotus Cortina's pretty much sports racers these days?!!! Actually I thought it was 6 hour race - my apologies!
Old 3 Dec 2010, 10:38 (Ref:2798997)   #1002
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's interesting to consider that, no matter how events shown in the video unfolded as they did, a few cms here or there - width on track, further alongside or not alongside at all, and so on - and the outcome would probably have been very different.

Of course that is true of many on track incidents and not a few on the roads. So often the line between incident and no incident is very thin.
Old 3 Dec 2010, 10:52 (Ref:2798998)   #1003
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
jellison has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISCracer View Post
We can all draw our own conclusions, just good that nobody was seriously injured, except in the wallet.

May I suggest stopping the video at 32 secs ie prior to impact and looking at the attitude of the red car.....

I also noted damage further up the wing which begs the question about what had happened earlier on that first lap.

BTW all accidents are avoidable, although some may be caused by things outside the driver's control.
Whoa - only just seen this!

Yep agree the Red Cortinas angle he was coming across at (on likely one of the fastest bens on th track was way to harsh), evn if the white car had not been there, a that angle it was almost certain to dig in or get an oversteer that at that speed would not have been caught.

Bit like the Vettel Webber crash, i.e. Vettle chopping in when zero need, both incidents the cars could have run a more gentler line and the Red Cortina and Vettle would have not had an accident!

The white car was racing hard but lifted and was right over to the left!