Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Mar 2017, 06:52 (Ref:3718307)   #2576
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Is it just me, i really don't see anything in Hunter Abbot at all, the very definition of average at best.
I know what you mean. Again he's another gentleman driver, perhaps more suited to GT's where your more relaxed pace can be bolstered by a lightning quick pro. That said he showed some decent pace at times, just never enough to quite make it work.

Only 3 and a bit days to till we find out either way!
Old 13 Mar 2017, 09:12 (Ref:3718325)   #2577
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I watching the Brands on my BTCC season review DVD last night and Hunter was so unlucky in the first race, was running well, then got clipped by Matt Neal who was trying to pass someone and then got harpooned by AJ
Old 13 Mar 2017, 09:25 (Ref:3718329)   #2578
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I watching the Brands on my BTCC season review DVD last night and Hunter was so unlucky in the first race, was running well, then got clipped by Matt Neal who was trying to pass someone and then got harpooned by AJ
Didn't floor the throttle once tipped.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 10:18 (Ref:3718336)   #2579
Dudley
Veteran

Dudley has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Is it just me, i really don't see anything in Hunter Abbot at all, the very definition of average at best.
I agree, but also remember this is the Warren Scott car and I think Abbott could do more with it than Scott could.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 10:27 (Ref:3718338)   #2580
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
I agree, but also remember this is the Warren Scott car and I think Abbott could do more with it than Scott could.
Agree on that front!
Old 13 Mar 2017, 16:33 (Ref:3718390)   #2581
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like people are struggling to get the funds for the 4th Subaru seat, latest rumour is Ash Hand for half a season!
Old 13 Mar 2017, 17:38 (Ref:3718397)   #2582
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Looks like people are struggling to get the funds for the 4th Subaru seat, latest rumour is Ash Hand for half a season!
Is it a pure question of funds - or is it also an acceptable status in the team for those with funds?
Old 13 Mar 2017, 17:48 (Ref:3718399)   #2583
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Would TOCA accept an entry which the team openly admitted was only going to be for half the season?
Old 13 Mar 2017, 18:03 (Ref:3718402)   #2584
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Would TOCA accept an entry which the team openly admitted was only going to be for half the season?
So if there are doubts over the 4th Subaru could we see another team expanding (with the TBL going back to TOCA first?)

Would like to see Speedworks expand to a 2 car team again given the success they've had since signing Ingram.

By this point I think we've got at least 10 theories for that last seat, so it better not be as underwhelming as Howard after all this!
Old 13 Mar 2017, 18:16 (Ref:3718406)   #2585
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
So if there are doubts over the 4th Subaru could we see another team expanding (with the TBL going back to TOCA first?)
Maybe, but not this year. No way any team will be in a position to prepare another car and secure a budget at such short notice.
Old 13 Mar 2017, 19:28 (Ref:3718418)   #2586
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they could sign a driver for half a season and if they don't find another for the other half Scott could drive himself again
Old 14 Mar 2017, 08:50 (Ref:3718501)   #2587
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
they could sign a driver for half a season and if they don't find another for the other half Scott could drive himself again
That could work. Look at what Tony Gilham does each season. Hops in once the funds run dry.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 12:16 (Ref:3718533)   #2588
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Maybe, but not this year. No way any team will be in a position to prepare another car and secure a budget at such short notice.
It has been done before - I think there are a few teams with 'spare' cars lying around where a deal could be done.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 13:24 (Ref:3718548)   #2589
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
It has been done before - I think there are a few teams with 'spare' cars lying around where a deal could be done.
Especially when - if this is this the case - the teams probably would've known weeks ago. Though my prediction still stands with Abbott at BMR.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 13:48 (Ref:3718554)   #2590
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Especially when - if this is this the case - the teams probably would've known weeks ago. Though my prediction still stands with Abbott at BMR.
Last minute 'works' Toyota deal with Speedworks! Probably clutching at straws with that one... (anyway do they still have a spare car?)
Old 14 Mar 2017, 14:48 (Ref:3718571)   #2591
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of official support for Speedworks indeed, even I'm getting sponsored Facebook content from Toyota UK featuring the 2017 Speedworks Avensis now...
Old 14 Mar 2017, 15:11 (Ref:3718576)   #2592
pagey318
Rookie

pagey318 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of official support for Speedworks indeed, even I'm getting sponsored Facebook content from Toyota UK featuring the 2017 Speedworks Avensis now...
Someone heavily involved with Speedworks as a sponsor I believe has said it isn't happening. Toyota are using it as publicity, and it works in their favour too as potential sponsors could see it. Win win.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 15:31 (Ref:3718578)   #2593
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
'Spare' car would be a stripped shell so would need building up, although that's be no means impossible in the time available.

Surely though the issue is funds. It sometimes takes months of negotiation for a team to find a sponsor yet you are expecting someone with a full-season budget to just turn up at the drop of a hat. There are many drivers and team mangers who can only dream things are that simple.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 16:12 (Ref:3718589)   #2594
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
'Spare' car would be a stripped shell so would need building up, although that's be no means impossible in the time available.

Surely though the issue is funds. It sometimes takes months of negotiation for a team to find a sponsor yet you are expecting someone with a full-season budget to just turn up at the drop of a hat. There are many drivers and team mangers who can only dream things are that simple.
BKR managed it last year (or least it came accross that it was all done very last minute).
Old 14 Mar 2017, 17:38 (Ref:3718596)   #2595
redshoes
Veteran

BKR were originally going to run in the stillborn BTEC series, so already drivers and (smaller) budget in place. They weren't starting from scratch.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 17:42 (Ref:3718597)   #2596
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
That would be ace, but he (Mark Higgins) also mentions Prodrive. Prodrive built the crazy WRX he did an Isle of Man lap in last year, so I would guess some sort of record attempt again.
Sorry for dragging this from several back but felt it was worth mentioning in case you haven't seen it.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...e-isle-of-man/

Higgins took his Isle of Mann Subaru down a bobsled run. Because, you can!
Old 14 Mar 2017, 17:45 (Ref:3718600)   #2597
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like a half season driver at BMR. Warren Scott in the car for the other races.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 17:50 (Ref:3718601)   #2598
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMROB View Post
A very interesting rumour, Chris Harris in at BMR in the fourth subaru for a selection of races. Warren Scott in when Harris is unavailable.
That'd be great for the whole series if they could get some extra coverage or 'behind the scenes' bits on Top Gear.
Old 14 Mar 2017, 18:23 (Ref:3718608)   #2599
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tja View Post
That'd be great for the whole series if they could get some extra coverage or 'behind the scenes' bits on Top Gear.
Think it's a big false alarm I'm afraid!
Old 14 Mar 2017, 19:14 (Ref:3718621)   #2600
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
BKR were originally going to run in the stillborn BTEC series, so already drivers and (smaller) budget in place. They weren't starting from scratch.
Fair enough, always figured it was last minute as neither Smith or Howard had been attached to BTEC prior to them joining the BTCC.