Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Sep 2020, 15:55 (Ref:4003561)   #7561
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
IMSA reveals more LMDh technical regulations.

https://racer.com/2020/09/18/imsa-re...l-regulations/

that's maybe the most beautiful looking gtp/lmp shaped prototype I've ever seen
Old 18 Sep 2020, 16:26 (Ref:4003576)   #7562
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Looks like IMSA just published their concept study.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 16:53 (Ref:4003587)   #7563
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Looks like IMSA just published their concept study.

Indeed!
Old 18 Sep 2020, 17:42 (Ref:4003602)   #7564
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And Cadillac's. A bit of other cars in there as well.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 18:53 (Ref:4003632)   #7565
Napolis
Racer

Napolis should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNapolis should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNapolis should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And Cadillac's. A bit of other cars in there as well.
I'm surprised at their cost estimates...
1.2mm roller
.450 hybrid spline
Engine?
Bespoke body?
I think our LMH will be less costly with much lower running costs...
Old 18 Sep 2020, 19:02 (Ref:4003639)   #7566
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
I'm surprised at their cost estimates...

1.2mm roller

.450 hybrid spline

Engine?

Bespoke body?

I think our LMH will be less costly with much lower running costs...
That was my first thought. Say conservative 2 million for the car but what's the design and bodywork budget?

For 6 million they get yours and a couple little races as well.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 19:45 (Ref:4003649)   #7567
Napolis
Racer

Napolis should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNapolis should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNapolis should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
That was my first thought. Say conservative 2 million for the car but what's the design and bodywork budget?

For 6 million they get yours and a couple little races as well.
Including spares, rebuilds, and full post racing rebuild. We're including
all costs including drivers..
Old 18 Sep 2020, 20:11 (Ref:4003653)   #7568
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yet IMSA has said, well no thanks. But they did to Panoz as well with the GT4. Still ridiculous they had it in the paddock for Petit a few years back but not in the track at all.

Interesting comments from Doonan about being interested now in Hypercar possibly running. Wonder what they would do though

Last edited by broadrun96; 18 Sep 2020 at 20:26.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 02:21 (Ref:4004551)   #7569
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Thanks
Old 20 Sep 2020, 05:33 (Ref:4004685)   #7570
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post

It looks good but it is not as cute as the 1998 911 Gt1, the most beautiful of all the winners !!!

EDIT - Hondafan37 - I've removed your image link as it didn't work and was taking up a huge amount of horizontal space. You may wish to edit it and upload it as an attachment instead. Aysedasi

Last edited by Aysedasi; Today at 13:28.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 05:39 (Ref:4004686)   #7571
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me the 1998 911 GT1 is the most beautiful Le Mans winner in history.
I expected or hope that the new Hypercars (LMH or LMDH) look like this.
Old 20 Sep 2020, 09:11 (Ref:4004755)   #7572
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
There were loads of great looking cars from that era. As long as the new hypercars look an evolution of the current cars, I can see no problem with their looks
Old Today, 06:29 (Ref:4005500)   #7573
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would say that LMDh is a good regulations that's comparable to Hypercar, but I'm hoping that both regulations would be equally-matched in terms of performance and costs. Now if only LMDh is adopted by the likes of Super GT and/or DTM...

BTW, since Alpine is using Rebellion cars for next year, I feel that they're suitable for LMDh, not Hypercar.

One last thing, I wonder if there will be engine restrictions (piston or rotary-based) unless it was already answered?
Old Today, 07:53 (Ref:4005515)   #7574
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
I would say that LMDh is a good regulations that's comparable to Hypercar, but I'm hoping that both regulations would be equally-matched in terms of performance and costs. Now if only LMDh is adopted by the likes of Super GT and/or DTM...

BTW, since Alpine is using Rebellion cars for next year, I feel that they're suitable for LMDh, not Hypercar.

One last thing, I wonder if there will be engine restrictions (piston or rotary-based) unless it was already answered?
As far I know, at the moment dp can use bespoke engines or road/gt3 derivated ones since it's bop that balances torque curve, power and stint lenght.
The only restrictions are about displacement and layout, at example turbo engines can be V6 or L4 but not V8 while NA engines can't be over 5.5L. These rules are not carved on stone of course and can be changed in a few seconds.

About hypercar, well be prepared to a bop hell during next years since will be a nightmare to keep hybrid toyota and peugeot, not hybrid glickenhaus and mild hybrid dpi in the same performance range