Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Dec 2019, 13:57 (Ref:3945929)   #101
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Probably means Vervisch is out too, being an Audi factory / customer driver.

Kristoffersson seems to be involved with VW too but not sure whether it's anything to stop him changing cars. After a lacklustre season Bennani's probably going to struggle for a seat, not sure about Huff or SLR.
Vervay will probably be back doing GT things, I assume. I've always perceived him more like a GT racer than a touring car one.

I wonder what will happen with Kristoffersson and Huff. The former could find a place somewhere else, be that WTCR or anything else. The latter has quite mediocre seasons behind him in recent years but I can't see him being unemployed in 2020.

I can't see a reason why SLR wouldn't switch to a different brand.
Old 10 Dec 2019, 14:03 (Ref:3945931)   #102
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
No France, Italy, Belgium or Netherlands is bad.
Old 10 Dec 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3945943)   #103
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
they will after end of 2021 when current contract finishes
holden announced they will only be selling suv and pickups
Factually inaccurate. No one at Holden has pulled the plug yet. Speculation.

"Looking to the future, Holden is committed to Supercars for a further two years, and has already been engaging with the series regarding its future in the category beyond 2021, via the newly set-up manufacturer council.

“They’re (Holden) probably aware of the Gen3 program and it’s up to them to comment on what vehicle will fit in with that from their portfolio going forward,” Dane added."

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/12/10...-be-a-sad-day/
Old 10 Dec 2019, 17:18 (Ref:3945963)   #104
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
TR4racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, so who will win WTCR this weekend?

My view is:

Bjork will not be allowed to win; he has to support Muller...
Michelisz may win but Hyundai is not the preferred manufacture so...
Muller may get a 'retirement' present...
Guerrieri is my pick, raced well all season and it is time a Honda driver won..
Old 10 Dec 2019, 17:25 (Ref:3945966)   #105
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4racer View Post
Guerrieri is my pick, raced well all season and it is time a Honda driver won..
Agree, seems like a really nice guy! As long is Muller doesn't win it...

Good to have the season end on one of the few good tracks on the calendar.
Old 10 Dec 2019, 18:07 (Ref:3945971)   #106
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Factually inaccurate. No one at Holden has pulled the plug yet. Speculation.

"Looking to the future, Holden is committed to Supercars for a further two years, and has already been engaging with the series regarding its future in the category beyond 2021, via the newly set-up manufacturer council.

“They’re (Holden) probably aware of the Gen3 program and it’s up to them to comment on what vehicle will fit in with that from their portfolio going forward,” Dane added."

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/12/10...-be-a-sad-day/
general motors will close down the holden brand completely before then. they are pulling out of right hand drive markets
Old 10 Dec 2019, 22:29 (Ref:3946025)   #107
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petoli View Post
While WRT have decided to end their TCR programme nothing stopping Audi from supporting another team running the current RS3 LMS.
Can't see why someone would pick up a car from a manufacturer that decided not to put a cent in the series any more. I think we saw the best of Audi and VW this year. Time to say goodbye. And wait, we don't know yet what Cupra guys will do.

There three good seats available in the market - 2x KCMG and Priaulx's Lynk&Co - for the 8 jobless VAG boys.
Old 11 Dec 2019, 04:23 (Ref:3946063)   #108
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
There three good seats available in the market - 2x KCMG and Priaulx's Lynk&Co - for the 8 jobless VAG boys.
Tassi brings a bucket of money from Hell Energy, the jobless drivers do not and will want paying. Montiero is paid for by Honda so unless Honda want to drop him, which is unlikely, then his seat is not available. Priaulx has a multi year contract so unless he is sacked, again unlikely given his 2nd half season performances, then that seat is not available.

Unless, of course, you have inside information from KCMG and Link & Co....
Old 11 Dec 2019, 06:47 (Ref:3946073)   #109
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
general motors will close down the holden brand completely before then. they are pulling out of right hand drive markets
I agree the whole brand is on shaky ground. But from today:

"The 2021 timing coincides with the introduction of Gen3 Supercars, which, as we’ve already announced, will be designed to accommodate a wider range of body styles. We are already working closely with Holden and Ford on the Gen3 program."

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/12/11...mmodore-axing/

To say unequivocally that Holden is leaving Supercars is a falsification. Unless, of course, you're Courtney's manager, in which case, please enlighten us as to whether the Sydney team is real.

(Off topic, sorry)
Old 11 Dec 2019, 11:42 (Ref:3946122)   #110
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
iceman-1987 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now we have the confirm that audi would like that some team continue to use their rs3 tcr in 2020.

Comtoyou already in 2018 had 4 audi in wtcr so maybe they could decide to come back to use 4 cars next year but in this way they should renounce to the 2 cupras.

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...tcr-exit-2020/
Old 11 Dec 2019, 12:05 (Ref:3946126)   #111
Csaba
Racer

Hungary
Csaba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman-1987 View Post
Now we have the confirm that audi would like that some team continue to use their rs3 tcr in 2020.

Comtoyou already in 2018 had 4 audi in wtcr so maybe they could decide to come back to use 4 cars next year but in this way they should renounce to the 2 cupras.

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...tcr-exit-2020/
But they basically will lose their Audi factory drivers, and probably we will loose all of the Audi drivers for 2020. Or not, if they can assure the budget to continue privately. Vernay and Shedden have just joined Audi during the TCR era, Vervisch and Langeveld are long time Audi factory drivers. But as it is rumored, Shedden's main plan is a BTCC return (with Motorbase, or maybe BTC). The case of Vernay is more interesting, as he became a top touring car driver in the last couple of seasons.
Old 11 Dec 2019, 15:08 (Ref:3946152)   #112
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodbye Kristoffersson from WTCR: https://www.svt.se/sport/rally/johan...on-lamnar-wtcr
Old 12 Dec 2019, 18:29 (Ref:3946364)   #113
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
General Motors won't leave China (a RHD market), so Holden could always import cars from there.
Old 13 Dec 2019, 17:17 (Ref:3946555)   #114
Maggo
Racer

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
General Motors won't leave China (a RHD market), so Holden could always import cars from there.
China is LHD
Old 13 Dec 2019, 19:52 (Ref:3946601)   #115
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Listening to the qualifying commentary they seemed to think it may have been Tarquini's "last qualifying session" or something along those lines. So if he retires there may be an opening at Hyundai... Files? Engstler?
Old 13 Dec 2019, 21:07 (Ref:3946609)   #116
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Engstler has a stronger position in Hyundai, it seems to me, so I would say it's him rather than Files.
Old 16 Dec 2019, 00:33 (Ref:3946908)   #117
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggo View Post
China is LHD
Wow, I remembered the opposite.
Old 16 Dec 2019, 03:56 (Ref:3946931)   #118
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Engstler has a stronger position in Hyundai, it seems to me, so I would say it's him rather than Files.
But which is the better driver? Engstler had a very poor second half of the season in TCR Europe and fell away badly in the championship. Or is the Hyundai choice based on criteria other than driving ability?
Old 16 Dec 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3946946)   #119
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well done Norby, not bad for an ex online gamer
Old 16 Dec 2019, 13:01 (Ref:3946964)   #120
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Listening to the qualifying commentary they seemed to think it may have been Tarquini's "last qualifying session" or something along those lines. So if he retires there may be an opening at Hyundai... Files? Engstler?

As long as Tarquini is still that fast, i would rather change Catsburg or Farfus.
Old 16 Dec 2019, 20:35 (Ref:3947029)   #121
Csaba
Racer

Hungary
Csaba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Well, Martin Haven and hungarian Eurosport commentator Lantos András (who is sometimes present even on this forum ) suggested that Hyundai might reduce their factory team to just two cars. Aaaand, Engstler or Azcona might be Norbi's teammate.
It was rumoured after the announcement of the electric Hyundai for ETCR, that Tarquini could race there, as he is one of the main development drivers. We will see, amongst other major changes for 2020.

As for Norbi, huge congratulations! I was on the Hungaroring in April and that weekend was so-so for him, but he was continuously improving during the year. Yesterday I felt sometimes in heaven, the next minutes in hell during the last two races , and I was sad for Guerrieri who lost his chances due to the grass getting in the car's radiator. But even Norbi had problems with the transmission, and his car was not 100% for the race.
Old 17 Dec 2019, 10:32 (Ref:3947121)   #122
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
iceman-1987 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGasfuss View Post
As long as Tarquini is still that fast, i would rather change Catsburg or Farfus.

I would not change the current line up. Tarquini is still fast and also thanks to him that Michelisz won the title. Catsburg and Farfus just rejoined to FWD cars and yet i dont think there are some other drivers from hyundai who raced in tcr europe better than them.

imho the team who should change line up are KCMG (both monteiro and tassi) and also all cupra drivers except for azcona could be replaced by better drivers.
Old 17 Dec 2019, 10:58 (Ref:3947124)   #123
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman-1987 View Post
I would not change the current line up. Tarquini is still fast and also thanks to him that Michelisz won the title. Catsburg and Farfus just rejoined to FWD cars and yet i dont think there are some other drivers from hyundai who raced in tcr europe better than them.

imho the team who should change line up are KCMG (both monteiro and tassi) and also all cupra drivers except for azcona could be replaced by better drivers.

Its always the big question, who would do better in the same car....

In general, we see in every team only one driver, who is the leading guy
- Hyundai: Norbi (this year)
- Honda: Guerreri
- VW: Kristoffersen
- Alfa: Ceccon
- Audi: Vernay/Vervisch, can't decide
- Cupra: Azcona

Don't know, why this happens, even if mostly the team colleagues are rated higher (like Huff).
Maybe sometimes it is really combination of Luck and suiting the car/track. Otherwise it is not understandable.
Old 17 Dec 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3947129)   #124
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Wow, I remembered the opposite.
Holden have stated they are solely focused on SUVs and Light Trucks going forward.
Although prompted by having to pay Peugeot for their supply of cars, there is no stated plan to market any cars going forward apart from the Corvette which may end up an orphan in the Australian market if it arrives at all.
Old 17 Dec 2019, 17:45 (Ref:3947198)   #125
keviiinn
Rookie

United States
New York, USA
keviiinn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Azcona had an incredible season. His driving in that last race has made me a fan. He got 110% out of the crappy Cupra while veterans like Tom Coronel are backmarkers. Gordon Shedden another horrendous season, looking like a wildcard driver every weekend.